Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
might try adding a game room to the dream palace.
rn have a test of adding doom to COC2

Edit Note: The above is supposed to be a gif but imgur seems to not work as expected. I guess open the image in a new tab and change the .gif to .mp4 for now
"Attention all marine units, we under attack of unknown enemy forces. Report to the combat station. This is not a drill. Repeat, THIS IS NOT A DRILL GOD DAMMIT!!"

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
tbh thanks to the power of the web I could have even thrown doom 3 at it (the version of doom seen here )

Reactions: Fiz1247

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
making coc2 moddable from start to finish
Is that being discussed on cocg? Do you know how that is being approached?
yep, dude working on making it so hopefully update compatibility won't be an issue either
Is that the same person that WazaQQXOXO mentioned?
if anyone else is "ripping apart" the games code here's a tip: each bundled file seems to start with "use strict";
Each bundled file is in an array of the webpacked JavaScript file. The file name of each index in that array is in the associated map file as the "sources" field. You can recover the original folder structure of the source using this.

I finally got around to posting a tool for that.
The mods for CoC1 were great and fixed many of the shortcomings and unfinished nature of the original game. That said, does anyone have surviving links to those mods? Most of the stuff in the OG thread is dead or bad links (mega is basically worthless).
I would start modding CoC2 right now if they hadn't switched to closed source format that requires decoding. Good luck with that :sleep:
I have been lazy about working on a tool for modding the game. Hopefully what is there helps you. I plan to add a lot more.
btw have a very thin set of typescript definition files which may help with modding. here's the contents of 1 of them
Did you manually come up with those type script definitions?

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
The mod is mentioned on /cocg/ from time to time, but most of the action is happening in the modding .
From what I remember, there are three lads (mod-anon, Goatman and AssexFlimp) trying to figure out how to implement new features into CoC2. I can't tell you much about who is doing what, but on the technical / content level, no major breakthrough has happened in a while.

I worked a bit on modding COC2, but found easier to just transfer its content to the RPGMaker engine. The JS plugins play nicely with the display, and it allows the player to avoid dealing with the shit combat system. Implementing scene replays / gallery is also easy AF.

It's definitely the same.

The mods for CoC1 were great and fixed many of the shortcomings and unfinished nature of the original game. That said, does anyone have surviving links to those mods? Most of the stuff in the OG thread is dead or bad links (mega is basically worthless).
I would start modding CoC2 right now if they hadn't switched to closed source format that requires decoding. Good luck with that :sleep:
/ /hgg/
/ Xinxia

Last edited:

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Nice update so far, really liked the part where I get to play doom on literally inside the palace of a demon. Kas thinks its a weird flex but okay as long as I get dibs on your soul champ.

Reactions: Ssato243

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020

Each bundled file is in an array of the webpacked JavaScript file. The file name of each index in that array is in the associated map file as the "sources" field. You can recover the original folder structure of the source using this.

I finally got around to posting a tool for that.

I have been lazy about working on a tool for modding the game. Hopefully what is there helps you. I plan to add a lot more.

Did you manually come up with those type script definitions?
Some of the typescript devs were done using JSON.Stringify(xxx) and then extracting the parts (Its how I did most of the enums). For the functions I used both the js beautify code I'm looking at and the autofill in chrome devtools.

Edit Im including the latest version of the types here as well

Fikedever

May 26, 2020
The mod is mentioned on /cocg/ from time to time, but most of the action is happening in the modding .
From what I remember, there are three lads (mod-anon, Goatman and AssexFlimp) trying to figure out how to implement new features into CoC2. I can't tell you much about who is doing what, but on the technical / content level, no major breakthrough has happened in a while.

I worked a bit on modding COC2, but found easier to just transfer its content to the RPGMaker engine. The JS plugins play nicely with the display, and it allows the player to avoid dealing with the shit combat system. Implementing scene replays / gallery is also easy AF.
Thanks for the discord link. I'll be sure to post updates there.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Alright, the GobSucc bad end is just insulting!
Spend a long while just searching and losing a bunch on purpose for a joke ending, thanks for wasting my time!
Is that a silly mode thing or still the same on the normal playthrough? Haven't lost yet to the living onahole.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes