WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
It's slow going, but I'm trying to fix that.
I wish you the best. Hopefully it'll attract other persons working on modding the game.

This summer, a 4chan anon explained in detail the technical aspects of why adding mod content was hard to implement. It's a shame I didn't archive the thread, the lad disappeared in the wild.

Consider how modular you want what you are making to be. There is a trade off. The more modular, the more abstract and difficult the design becomes, but the easier it is for you to implement content. Alternatively, if you are extremely specific, spaghetti code will make your project fall under its own weight.

You could also consider making a mod system. Generally, if you make something easier to anyone to add to, you make it easier for your self.

Also, feel free to ask me more specific coding questions.
Many thanks for the great advice, much appreciated.

Bethesda games made me realize how much mods can improve the experience a game can offer to the playerbase.
I strived to achieve similar with my unofficial CoC2 port: I wanted a engine that removed the barrier preventing the players implementing additional content.

silentangel

Jan 2, 2019
I wish you the best. Hopefully it'll attract other persons working on modding the game.

This summer, a 4chan anon explained in detail the technical aspects of why adding mod content was hard to implement. It's a shame I didn't archive the thread, the lad disappeared in the wild.

Many thanks for the great advice, much appreciated.

Bethesda games made me realize how much mods can improve the experience a game can offer to the playerbase.
I strived to achieve similar with my unofficial CoC2 port: I wanted a engine that removed the barrier preventing the players implementing additional content.
Is it known if all this anti-cheat built into the game code is interfering with the coc2 team's ability to code aswell?

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
Cloak yourselves in weaboo ye-kun who enter - Gospel of Tobs, 1:1.
"...and thou shalt exalt the name of The Observer, for it is he who grants the peons of the unwashed masses the majesty of the kitsune. Blessed be the one who embraces the teachings of the prophet Keros, for he is the beloved trickster child of The Observer himself. But none surpass the creation of Savin the Patron Milker, the Lord of Cuckoldry, the Wrathful Sperg, for only Cait stands tall above the rest in sheer audacity that overshadows even The Observer's Messiah, Kinu."
-Gospel of Tobs, Vixens 10:30

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
View attachment 1538184

And even more went poof.
My head's bleeding, I'll try my fists now.
*Wall punching intensifies*
Lol it happens whenever a purge sets but it only last for a day or two. Maybe the janny sets an eye on your post since most if them are, no offense, pointless ramblings. Just keep talking about the game more until they go away. Just the usual hugbox users spamming those report button on new accounts. Ever since Agni got released and i take it you are one of the few people who diss that character.

Reactions: Kallisto

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Lol it happens whenever a purge sets but it only last for a day or two. Maybe the janny sets an eye on your post since most if them are, no offense, pointless ramblings. Just keep talking about the game more until they go away. Just the usual hugbox users spamming those report button on new accounts. Ever since Agni got released and i take it you are one of the few people who diss that character.
Nah I took Quint's advice and actually go off from this game for a while (Few hours) so I've no idea who Agni is.
I've yet to play again because the bar ran out of booze.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Nah I took Quint's advice and actually go off from this game for a while (Few hours) so I've no idea who Agni is.
I've yet to play again because the bar ran out of booze.
Few hours. lmao. Also Agni is the the new Pheonix companion. Divided opinion but I've seen people shitting on those who dislikes it way too often. Its a new season. Me personally I'm still on the fence about her. Heck i have more faith on Cait when she was released until 5 updates later i started to hate her. I'm gonna give Agni the same treatment because so far i haven't seen any problematic writings from B yet. The only problem is that the companion feels a little rushed and bare to me.

Reactions: A.HK and Ssato243

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Few hours. lmao. Also Agni is the the new Pheonix companion. Divided opinion but I've seen people shitting on those who dislikes it way too often. Its a new season. Me personally I'm still on the fence about her. Heck i have more faith on Cait when she was released until 5 updates later i started to hate her. I'm gonna give Agni the same treatment because so far i haven't seen any problematic writings from B yet. The only problem is that the companion feels a little rushed and bare to me.
Hmm, if they're not that intrusive and way too annoying then I guess I can keep 'em.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes