Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
Is it cheating if your character is already banging and probably also impregnated the same high priestess?

Seems like a weird double standard.
I will reply to this in good faith despite the erm low hanging fruit so to say.

Who is to say you even spark the relation with the priestess on your end? You can just take the rod and leave and never bother interacting with her again in a sexual light, so double standard? Only if your chosen actions line up with it to be so I guess.

But even if it is a double standard, assuming you can play a character like that isn't out of left field for the game's predecessor, one of my favorite notable lines from COC1 is ahem "Fun without you is no fun at all" in reference to the harem interacting without the PC in a sexual light, so basically its reduction of choice that was clearly present in the prior work.

So yeah pure or corrupt reasoning for why this is not the route to be forced.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I will reply to this in good faith despite the erm low hanging fruit so to say.

Who is to say you even spark the relation with the priestess on your end? You can just take the rod and leave and never bother interacting with her again in a sexual light, so double standard? Only if your chosen actions line up with it to be so I guess.
I mean...even if you don't fuck the priestess, chances are you fucked and impregnated someone, no? Unless you went the whole game not banging any impregnable character, you did the same thing.

The idea that anyone plays this game with the intention of monogamy just doesn't track.

But even if it is a double standard, assuming you can play a character like that isn't out of left field for the game's predecessor, one of my favorite notable lines from COC1 is ahem "Fun without you is no fun at all" in reference to the harem interacting without the PC in a sexual light, so basically its reduction of choice that was clearly present in the prior work.
Mmm...no, you're misremembering CoC. Maybe that was the opinion of whoever said that line, but CoC had a bunch of scenes in camp you could walk in on where your companions were having fun without you.

Off the top of my head, Isabella and the salamander chick banged and you could just walk in on that, all your corrupt members usually would bang others, your demon girl had her own harem, I'm pretty sure Amily had a scene but I don't remember what it was....

In fact, CoC2 has LESS of your companions doing their own thing without your say so, by a lot.

Your partners exclusively banging you has basically never been a thing.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
I mean...even if you don't fuck the priestess, chances are you fucked and impregnated someone, no? Unless you went the whole game not banging any impregnable character, you did the same thing.

The idea that anyone plays this game with the intention of monogamy just doesn't track.
It thankfully doesn't need to for this, why pursue a romance when the payoff such as it is, is what it is?

I merely presented an in character perspective, them breaching that is the onus of the game not mine. Its hardly unique to me either.

Mmm...no, you're misremembering CoC. Maybe that was the opinion of whoever said that line, but CoC had a bunch of scenes in camp you could walk in on where your companions were having fun without you.
That's actually the line said when you disable the sharkgirl(forgot her name) from playing with the harpy(forgot her name) without you present, you can likewise disable the sharkgirl from playing with the goo girl, there are a few overlooks in this list sure but that's probably because the game as it stands now is like finished? If that?

Your partners exclusively banging you has basically never been a thing.
Actually that's an invention of the sequel that I don't find myself alone in disliking. It existed in pretty decent frequency in the original, there were a few of the various NPCs that you could pursue relations with that weren't exclusive but a decent chunk of them were.

I mean this logic is why I always bimbo Azzy or just leave her at home in COC2 even in the pure runs because erm, she just ruins the dynamic if brought in as a party member.

Back to the topic at hand though, yeah I find the presented solution for the Ryn issue untenable and reductive of what the prior game had on offer, especially since you could dedick quite a few futas back in the original. Just because Savin gets off on this cuckholdry bullshit doesn't mean that everyone does.

Reactions: Boardguy

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
It thankfully doesn't need to for this, why pursue a romance when the payoff such as it is, is what it is?
Why? For the rest of the game.
If I'm doing Ryns content, I'm doing it for the sex scenes, the dates, the dialogue and character development, etc. I'm not doing it for some nebulous payoff 4 or 5 years down the road. I don't think anyone is.

I merely presented an in character perspective, them breaching that is the onus of the game not mine. Its hardly unique to me either.
It's one character. There were several other characters that didn't share that perspective. Different characters have different situations; the point is that when you're saying CoC2 is living up to the standard of CoC, that was never the standard of the game, just a character in it.

That's actually the line said when you disable the sharkgirl(forgot her name) from playing with the harpy(forgot her name) without you present, you can likewise disable the sharkgirl from playing with the goo girl, there are a few overlooks in this list sure but that's probably because the game as it stands now is like finished? If that?
The fact that she wants to do it, and will do it without you if you give her the okay kinda contradicts the whole idea of that line though? Being able to disable it is not the same thing as those characters clearly wanting to fuck around without you.

Actually that's an invention of the sequel that I don't find myself alone in disliking. It existed in pretty decent frequency in the original, there were a few of the various NPCs that you could pursue relations with that weren't exclusive but a decent chunk of them were.
How is that an invention of the sequel if it was also in the original game? I must be misunderstanding something here, sorry.

Back to the topic at hand though, yeah I find the presented solution for the Ryn issue untenable and reductive of what the prior game had on offer, especially since you could dedick quite a few futas back in the original. Just because Savin gets off on this cuckholdry bullshit doesn't mean that everyone does.
The "presented solution" hasn't happened yet and we don't really know what form it'll take. I would think, given almost every other interaction in this has the ability to not happen, there's a decent chance there's a choice here too.

And calling this "cuckoldry" is...weird.

Every single relationship in this game is an open relationship, even if the characters don't take advantage of it. Brienne and Kiyoko not fucking other people isnt because you've both agreed on exclusivity, they just aren't interested. Both of them even have a conversation about it.

Jul 22, 2019
Wsan seems like a switch to me. He likes domming and subbing and for the most part the quality between the works seem the same in terms of passion. If I had to guess he just thinks the audience prefers sub content and sharing, so we see more of that first, but that's probably because of the echochamber of a forums.
Yeah man's a full blooded cumbrain, it's perfect for a smut writer. It's pretty rare to see a writer who seems just as passionate and capable of writing dom and sub stuff, let alone full on slut stuff and a character like brienne.

Reactions: Daddums

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Why? For the rest of the game.
If I'm doing Ryns content, I'm doing it for the sex scenes, the dates, the dialogue and character development, etc. I'm not doing it for some nebulous payoff 4 or 5 years down the road. I don't think anyone is.
While no one is interacting with a NPC solely for the final payoff, it can have an important effect on the rest of the interactions. Imagine if after all we've had with Brienne, they add an inevitable scene of Brienne fucking some other guy and getting pregnant. I don't know about everyone else but I would venture a guess the majority would hate that. If I had known how fucked the kitsune content was going to become, I would have never released Kiyoko even though it's a dead end in content. When you write a character you make certain expectations. It doesn't matter if they outright say they're exclusive to you or not, if it's framed as that then it still counts. Cait is a mega slut and no one expected anything otherwise after that was established. Ryn was established as submissive, in love with you, expressed a desire to be a real woman, and doesn't actively engage in sex with others. Personally, fucking around dosn't matter too much to me but marriage and children should be optionally exclusive between you and the NPC, especially if you set them up as romantic. Finding out that Ryn suddenly cares about her dick and will have a child with someone else is extremely disappointing.

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
I kind of see the whole thing with Ryn a bit similarly to Azyrran's whole thing with Liaden.

Etheryn really latches onto you not only because you basically solve her and by extension her peoples' whole corruption of their queen and city problem all by yourself when no one else they were "friends" with does shit but also because you can unlock her depraved submissive tendencies further or encourage her and give her the only self-confidence she's ever really had without necessarily starting a romantic relationship with her from your side. She very clearly falls in love with the champion and asks their opinion on state matters as well as favours cleaning up the realm. I believe she also mentions wanting to become fully female at some point but I'm not sure.

To have a character become so attached to yours, and be leading them through the most significant, impactful events of their young-ish (cause she's an elf) life only for them to give you an ultimatum about babies later on goes against the grain, especially when you consider that this is a smut game based on you making choices as the MC to influence the plot.

Azyrran is the same to me. You find her chilling outside her hive not knowing what to do. You swoop in, woo the stripes off of her, save her hive, save her mom, find a paladin to un-corrupt her family and home, and then take her with you on merry adventures while you to bask in your budding loving relationship. Only for her to then hit you with a "by the way I'm having sex with that paladin chick you hooked me up with regardless of what you think and no you can't join cause she's super lez and I can hide it from you and pretend like it's not happening if you want." It seems very out of character for Azyrran and once again removes your choice from the game about choices.

I mean if Arona fucked around and told you about it I wouldn't mind since it's a big part of her personality and character. Ryn and Azzy on the other hand are written very much more as champion-centric lovers until they tossed in random twists. Ironically if you dom Arona I think she more or less only fucks other companions or important NPC's with your say so (the hordes of off screen bitches you never see in game notwithstanding). Isn't that a twist on character development.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
And do not forget, with Azyrran the outlash whas so much, that they did an option where she stayed exclusive saying that she did not thought we would mind having a bit of lesfun while we are away because it is common under hornets but if we are not feeling well with it she stays alone eagerly waiting for us.
More problem I see right now with Azy and Brienne milking each other.
Because the scene is written like they are doing it behind and you have to reclaim Brienne while it should actually be more like you do not mind of those two get more in sync while you can not share a bed with them right now.

Jwow3

May 29, 2019
And do not forget, with Azyrran the outlash whas so much, that they did an option where she stayed exclusive saying that she did not thought we would mind having a bit of lesfun while we are away because it is common under hornets but if we are not feeling well with it she stays alone eagerly waiting for us.
More problem I see right now with Azy and Brienne milking each other.
Because the scene is written like they are doing it behind and you have to reclaim Brienne while it should actually be more like you do not mind of those two get more in sync while you can not share a bed with them right now.
AFAIK the Azyrran work around was just her not telling you anything about her relationship with Liaden not stopping it altogether. It just effectively removes that content from the game for you but doesn't address the core issue that a person who is in love with you decides to start a new relationship with someone she barely knows without caring at all about your opinion on the matter and when asked if you can join she sides with the new person above you, says she has to fuck around for racial reasons, and says she'll hide her fucking other people from you but won't stop.

Azyrran is the sweetest of all the companions and was my bet for the best straight up monogamous relationship or at least real relationship since Arona is kind of more of a best friend fuck buddy but they kinda threw that option out the window with the Liaden thing. You would expect Azzy to tell Liaden that she's not doing it unless Liaden lets you join not the other way around based on your history but I guess we can't do anything about that now can we.

Oct 4, 2019
Did that post on Fen's site about Tobs new game get removed?
I was really hoping the post was still up in hopes of seeing the juicy comments.
Thankfully, that was an April Fool's joke.

Azyrran is the same to me. You find her chilling outside her hive not knowing what to do. You swoop in, woo the stripes off of her, save her hive, save her mom, find a paladin to un-corrupt her family and home, and then take her with you on merry adventures while you to bask in your budding loving relationship. Only for her to then hit you with a "by the way I'm having sex with that paladin chick you hooked me up with regardless of what you think and no you can't join cause she's super lez and I can hide it from you and pretend like it's not happening if you want." It seems very out of character for Azyrran and once again removes your choice from the game about choices.
Yeah, they didn't telegraph that well at all. Azzy seemed extremely champion-centric, until she just comes up to you at the bar one day and admits she has a crush on Liaden. Even then that didn't throw me off, because I thought Liaden was pretty interesting so I was ok with it, I even wanted scenes with her for the Player. Then out of nowhere they throw in the whole "Hornets are polygamous and sleep around all the time, despite how I've been acting towards you the whole time," bullshit. Which still wasn't quite enough to make me hate it, however I instantly started ignoring Azzy after being told that I wasn't allowed to be involved because Liaden wasn't interested in dudes. It came out of nowhere, and just wasn't handled that well at all. So now Azzy is significantly lower on my companion tier list because of it.

Reactions: Daddums and Jwow3

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
For the amount of money he's raking in and for the team he has accrued, I've seen better effort put forth in various branching and even reworking past scenes from one man teams than I have anything on this game. There really isn't an excuse when you look at the money they're making. They can finance it.
To avoid any confusion, I do no condone the way the dev are handling Etheryn pregnancy branch. At the time, it sounded that funding was not an issue: they just do not want to put any effort towards an actual sex-change branch.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
Yep, TOBS can't even do an April Fool's joke without posting a wall of text.

Seems like in this game there are so many folks who either throw themselves at you either like the first time they meet you, or spend any sort of time with you. Then there are others who for whatever reason are just the opposite -- off limits to the MC for whatever reason.

I wish they would make Liaden an option for female/lesbian folks. But that doesn't seem to be in the offing either. I think all you get is one scene as a 3-some with Azzy. And even then, isn't it just a one-off? At least I haven't gotten it again.

• Sad
Reactions: silentangel

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
AFAIK the Azyrran work around was just her not telling you anything about her relationship with Liaden not stopping it altogether. It just effectively removes that content from the game for you but doesn't address the core issue that a person who is in love with you decides to start a new relationship with someone she barely knows without caring at all about your opinion on the matter and when asked if you can join she sides with the new person above you, says she has to fuck around for racial reasons, and says she'll hide her fucking other people from you but won't stop.
What I ment whas exactly when she thought about it and ask you for help you can now say, you will not help.
Then she says she will not try to start something with her, as before she only knew, that it is common to share skinship between sisters, but if you are not comfortable, she will refrain from doing so, as you are more important for her.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
To avoid any confusion, I do no condone the way the dev are handling Etheryn pregnancy branch. At the time, it sounded that funding was not an issue: they just do not want to put any effort towards an actual sex-change branch.
Yep so it does just come down to laziness and them thinking they know best when people tell them they don't again and again.

chebs1

Jan 18, 2021
So I've progressed the Calise questline to the end and it just says, this is as far as this quest progresses for now, with no mention of a part 2. The only other thing mentioned is a naval fleet being prepped and Wayfort bridge but there's nothing there. Is this a bug?

• Hey there
Reactions: DoctorSargePep

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
Yep so it does just come down to laziness and them thinking they know best when people tell them they don't again and again.
The thing is, the only way to make them pay attention to the voiced complaints is to hurt what matters the most, the pay check. Money keeps rolling in every month, it won't stop unless the paying subscribers decide they had enough, they will to put a stop to it. I am pretty confident in saying that will never happen.

Lord Kentus

Jan 4, 2021
The thing is, the only way to make them pay attention to the voiced complaints is to hurt what matters the most, the pay check. Money keeps rolling in every month, it won't stop unless the paying subscribers decide they had enough, they will to put a stop to it. I am pretty confident in saying that will never happen.
They chased off the audience that did call them out on it a long time ago so probably not, hardly advertises this as an ideal product though

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Apparently Sav thinks he'll be done with Ryn's questline by the end of May, so we'll finally have her cage off. But that doesn't include any post cage-removal scenes, which is kinda disappointing.

Also, KM probably won't be done this year, which makes me sad because I really want to see Wsan get back to his personal projects.

TheVegnar

Jul 4, 2021
Apparently Sav thinks he'll be done with Ryn's questline by the end of May, so we'll finally have her cage off. But that doesn't include any post cage-removal scenes, which is kinda disappointing.

Also, KM probably won't be done this year, which makes me sad because I really want to see Wsan get back to his personal projects.
The Longer they take, the More money they can milk out of everyone. They found out from COC1 they only have to do 1/3 of the actual work ( Stuff they like themselves ) and let some poor bastards who are sick of their shit if they piss em off enough, to make COC2 MOD and finish everything that needs to be fix, which is everything. Oh look lets just do 1 piss ass story path, cause why do all the work, when they could do it for us, and we can totally take CREDIT for the coc2 mod afterward, not to mention we can milk all these twits we didn't chase off for calling us out on that bs. -_- such a disappointment. I am glad I get this game for free, and I feel sorry for the ones who post the paid versions of it for us, since they are so getting cheated. (technically not if they don't feel cheated) but eh....

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
The Longer they take, the More money they can milk out of everyone. They found out from COC1 they only have to do 1/3 of the actual work ( Stuff they like themselves ) and let some poor bastards who are sick of their shit if they piss em off enough, to make COC2 MOD and finish everything that needs to be fix, which is everything. Oh look lets just do 1 piss ass story path, cause why do all the work, when they could do it for us, and we can totally take CREDIT for the coc2 mod afterward, not to mention we can milk all these twits we didn't chase off for calling us out on that bs. -_- such a disappointment. I am glad I get this game for free, and I feel sorry for the ones who post the paid versions of it for us, since they are so getting cheated. (technically not if they don't feel cheated) but eh....
Jesus, dude.
Can there not be a single neutral post about the game without...this?

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes