DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
the worst power fanasy for the developers is the existence of modders who can possibly write better code/stories then they can
all of that sounds like one really agressive power fantasy
He is just so EXCITED about how cool and awesome their SI is. its almost cute but also very obnoxious.

The no power fantasy rule is for the player. not for the writers.
In fact it exists specifically because if the player is not a weakling then it diminishes the authors' power fantasy by making their self inserts not be as awesome.
Did they ever explain why you’re out there saving the world while he’s wasting his time defending highwaymen?

Edit: Also, lul at “When he beefs up he’s almost 9 ft. tall!!!! What a chad!!!!” when it’s like, OK, that’s barely a few inches taller than Brienne, big deal.
I hate this because not only can we become Keros champion (and we don't get any these powers reserved for the NPC's or any sort of respect) but the devs are actively saying all of their self inserts will always be stronger and better than us. Like what the fuck are we even doing in this game? If leo is so cool, strong, and are literally hired to solve the problems (that we end up solving before they do.) why are we even here? The devs just need to go write their own story with their own interesting characters if their so against letting the player be the hero of their own story. Like these Devs are literally making me want to cheer for the main villain and see this world burn. I know the reason why they won't $$$ as it has already been said multiple times here before. But, this writing and game design is so terrible.
>Harpy(Objectively worst monstergirl)
>Written by TOBS
View attachment 2098250

This will never get an answer because there is no reasonable answer. If Gweyr, Sanders, and Leofric are so badass, there is literally 0 reason they should be lazing about doing absolutely fuck all while the world is catching on fire. The devs talk all this shit about how strong their super duper special OCs are but it's just a load of horse shit. We never see Sanders or Leofric fight, and if Gweyr was such a powerhouse, she'd be able to take out the cultists in the rift by herself. I swear one of my biggest pet peeves is writers saying "(x) is actually the case" and not even writing it into the story they're creating. Until I actually see this thing happen in the world YOU flesh out, all you're doing is spouting head-canon. Doesn't matter if you're the creator or not.

I genuinely want Kas to win tbh. You hardly even fight demons in this game compared to just regular inhabitants of the world that aren't even corrupted. I see literally zero difference in letting her win or keeping the status quo. Scratch that, shit might actually get done under her rule. Would genuinely rather live in a dystopic world like Fallout than whatever the fuck Savarra is.
CoC2 Dev:
View attachment Hamlin.mp4

Last edited:

Tombombastic

May 8, 2020

Axismundi

Jul 14, 2018
do you mean the Sarc dungeon? you need to go through the "mommy is sorry she killed all those kids" questline
Does she actually kill kids? I always viewed it as she was killing the young adults of the village That sided with the Cult. And that the older people were just calling them kids the same way my grandpa calls me a kid still even though I'm over 20. Or at the very least it was left ambiguous.

Reactions: Doran

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
Does she actually kill kids? I always viewed it as she was killing the young adults of the village That sided with the Cult. And that the older people were just calling them kids the same way my grandpa calls me a kid still even though I'm over 20. Or at the very least it was left ambiguous.
i honestly dont know, but i do hope it was ambigous, thats how i chose to interprit it at the time i was playing.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Holy shit, they need to fire DCL pronto and get this anonymous person on board as a regular artist.

>Harpy(Objectively worst monstergirl)
I disagree. I believe the problem is that in a lot of their media representation, they’re used as comic relief (e.g. My Monster Girlfriend), and they’re kind of underdeveloped in CoC2 (then again, what isn’t?).

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
amusing and appropriate. yea, they go hard on the "I don't care". then show they very much do care. whether it is in censoring anyone who disagree with them, or writing scenes specifically in revenge against people they argue with online. As well as commissioning art for it.
Truer words have never been spoken

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
I believe they're referred to as "the village youth" a lot. But it's confusing because Tobs simultaneously makes them sound like misguided teens/young adults while telling us they deserved to get slaughtered by Gweyr. There's also a lot of emphasis put on the parents of the "youth" being really upset with her, so it just keeps leaning toward them being young. And then someone (either Tobs or a different writer) put in a line saying that some of them might have been brainwashed or not acting under their own power. I don't have receipts for that though.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I disagree. I believe the problem is that in a lot of their media representation, they’re used as comic relief (e.g. My Monster Girlfriend), and they’re kind of underdeveloped in CoC2 (then again, what isn’t?).
Here's a list of reasons why harpies fucking suck:
  1. Their legs are hard and their feet are just talons. Terrible for cuddling, footjobs, and knee-pit jobs.
  2. They potentially might not even have proper hands like in Monmusu. This leads to piss poor handjobs and the inability to do a lot of basic human functions.
  3. Those feathers get fucking everywhere and are an eyesore.
  4. They're usually obsessed with breeding(bad fetish).
  5. They lay eggs without fertilization(weird).
  6. They're almost always either annoying or stupid.
  7. There has never been a best girl harpy.
  8. They're not even special besides being able to fly.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Next week, we'll go over why Lamias are a top tier monstergirl species and how the devs are cowards for only having one in the game.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Holy shit, they need to fire DCL pronto and get this anonymous person on board as a regular artist.

I must agree. DCL feels like they got the gig simply because they've been around the community longest, they don't have any actual talent. They've been drawing for a decade and this is what they can do. Meanwhile people make fucking miracles out there. And Anon shits on DCL from such a height that they'd think a deity crapped on them.

But you know what? It could be worse. Go play TiTS where the main artist is Adjatha.

Their art, is so utterly, completely, irredeemably turbo dogshit that I have no words. I legitimately find characters hotter from their description rather than looking at the available art.

jfmherokiller

May 25, 2020
I wish they would add more cuddle options for npcs like Garth. Sometimes I am not in the mood for sex and just wanna have a bros night out.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
This reads like a 5 year olds playground fantasy. "I'm Darth Vader AND Batman!" How do they have no quality control for the writing? How do they still have only one coder on staff? HOW ARE THEY MULTIPLE YEARS INTO THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND STILL ACTING LIKE AN AMATEUR DEV TEAM!?
All work cultures are self-continuing. If the beginning work culture is very amateurish and full of drama, it will forever continue like that. It starts from the top.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Here's a list of reasons why harpies fucking suck:
  1. Their legs are hard and their feet are just talons. Terrible for cuddling, footjobs, and knee-pit jobs.
  2. They potentially might not even have proper hands like in Monmusu. This leads to piss poor handjobs and the inability to do a lot of basic human functions.
  3. Those feathers get fucking everywhere and are an eyesore.
  4. They're usually obsessed with breeding(bad fetish).
  5. They lay eggs without fertilization(weird).
  6. They're almost always either annoying or stupid.
  7. There has never been a best girl harpy.
  8. They're not even special besides being able to fly.
Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk. Next week, we'll go over why Lamias are a top tier monstergirl species and how the devs are cowards for only having one in the game.
  1. In some depictions (like in CoC2) their bird legs only go from the knee down, so they still have thighs for thigh-jobs. Bird legs are scaly but not hard (not like fish scales), so they wouldn’t be that terrible for cuddling. They can use their long toes for foot-jobs, so talons shouldn’t be too much of a problem.
  2. Less of a focus on hand-jobs means they have to make it up with blow-jobs (which are superior).
  3. Feathers are way easier to pick up and get rid of than e.g. cat or dog hair, and not as many fall off. Definitely would not be a problem IMO.
  4. Breeding is hot as fuck (in fiction, because IRL kids are a pain).
  5. How’s that weird? Do you never eat chicken eggs? If that grosses you out, all you need to do is make sure they get fertilized. :sneaky: (Also, is that even accepted harpy lore? In Monster Musume sure, but I thought the ones in CoC2 only laid eggs because they were addicted to Ovixilizer.)
  6. Yeah, I’m not sure at all why that became their stereotypical representation in modern media, because in the original Greek myths they were man-eating monsters. If I had my say, I’d try to restore some of their former gravitas.
  7. IDK, out of all the girls in Monster Musume, Papi was a runner-up for me. Anyway, it’s not like one couldn’t exist and more like not many people like harpies so they don’t care to make them the best.
  8. What do you mean by “special”? They have a bird motif, like other monster girls have different animals motifs. What can a lamia do? Can she even climb a wall or dig the earth like a real snake? Is that any more “special” than a harpy being able to fly?
Also lamia scales would be cold AF man. Not great for cuddling outside summer—and they’d need to hibernate through winter anyway, so no GF for you one quarter of the year. (I also doubt a lamia would be any better at foot-jobs than a harpy.)

Shiro15

Mar 15, 2019
I'm pretty much on board with this. Harpies are pretty low tier as far as monster girls go. The only Harpy Girl I can think of that is kinda cute was the one from that anime funimation canceled that was all about fucking monster girls. But even she is a "I'd only fuck her if there was no else to fuck."
I agree that their are varying depictions of Harpies that can be kinda cute, and if where going with original version of any monster girls there all hideous. But Harpies in my opinion never really seem all that great. At best there passable at worst there hideous.

My top 5monster girl tier list
Dragon Girls
Fox/Wolf/Dog Girls
Cat Girls (Original were top tier until Cait ruined it. Now they've dropped a whole 2 ranks)
Lumia
Bunny Girls

Edit believe the anime was Isekia Reviewers.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes