Aug 16, 2021
If only there was a background you could of picked that would of made the whole dragon candidacy pretty moot. Side note honestly surprised there's no option to make Cait do it and turn her into a dragonne.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
If we are so magically irradiated by the portal explosion that eating a berry is enough to mutate us...
...can't we just turn into dragon ourselves?

Right, that would be a power fantasy.
Portal explosion ruined temple, or what left of it, and entire 'game' is a near death experience of protagonist that slowly dies under the stones. Thats the only logical explanation of everything that happens up to this point, its just a last, long lasting dream...

RARE2000

Dec 21, 2017
If we are so magically irradiated by the portal explosion that eating a berry is enough to mutate us...
...can't we just turn into dragon ourselves?

Right, that would be a power fantasy.
In the previous CoC game we could! Not full dragon, just humanoid dragon. Go play Dragon Knight saga.

But also, watchu talkin bout? My Champ is a dual-wield murder blender, the only thing that stops me from dicing everyone into tiny cubes is getting disarmed, but they added a new unique from lumia that gives immunity to that. And the new mace from the royalty quest is crushing/fire can be used as an offhand with the dawnblade. I can slap the shit out of Dragon Evelyn.

That I gave myself the funny solo-combat perks from Gweyr is neither here nor there. :LUL:

More realistically, there are dragon abilities, and they are stealable. They require level 10 though, so long way off.

Apr 5, 2021
I'm surprised they didn't include a spite option 'well, since you never met any of our obviously fabulous characters you stick a finger in your butt and watch the dragon die' if you ignore both the hornet dickgirl and dom dickgirl.
Actually, interesting point, what happens if you threw Azzy in the pool (locking her) and if you said no thank you to the futa dom? Do you just not get to find the cave in harvest valley or do you get soft locked?

Oh gods, it's time for science again isn't it? BRB, making a cheat blank character, goal, rush to the dragon, "Kill" Azzy on route, say no thank you to the nice dominatrix, and find out what the game does. Worries going in, I think they said something about disabling the option to push Azzy and Laiden in the honey, not sure if they ever did. Will find out I guess.

Last edited:

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Actually, interesting point, what happens if you threw Azzy in the pool (locking her) and if you said no thank you to the futa dom? Do you just not get to find the cave in harvest valley or do you get soft locked?
You get the caves location by doing Kaina's quest (giving her tea). I guess you can still find the cave but there will be no way to progress further and you won't be able to get Ashelander.

Evizzy89

Aug 1, 2021

Oh gods, it's time for science again isn't it? BRB, making a cheat blank character, goal, rush to the dragon, "Kill" Azzy on route, say no thank you to the nice dominatrix, and find out what the game does. Worries going in, I think they said something about disabling the option to push Azzy and Laiden in the honey, not sure if they ever did. Will find out I guess.
im confused, what dom are you talking about?

Apr 5, 2021
im confused, what dom are you talking about?
Evelyn, the futa in the frosthound who you have to peep on and then stick around while she's getting a BJ, then either sit at her feet or in her lap to unlock her content. Props to the writer for making sure people were well on board with her content before locking it in, but she's also definately not my thing.

You get the caves location by doing Kaina's quest (giving her tea). I guess you can still find the cave but there will be no way to progress further and you won't be able to get Ashelander.
Sure, but do you need to have Azzy as a party member to open Kaina's quest? What happens if you never did the hornets or if you threw her in the corrupted honey? Do you get locked out of the Tea Time for Dragons quest? Or can you find the cave anyway without ever having met Azzy/having her as an option?

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Sure, but do you need to have Azzy as a party member to open Kaina's quest? What happens if you never did the hornets or if you threw her in the corrupted honey? Do you get locked out of the Tea Time for Dragons quest? Or can you find the cave anyway without ever having met Azzy/having her as an option?
Tea Times for Dragons is a pretty old quest. In fact I finished it halfway several updates ago. So I guess you will find the cave but won't be able to kill Ashelander.

menatv

Dec 6, 2019
I'll probably get around to the quest eventually. Depends on how much it's worth it to my MC or not. I just was never into Evelyn or Azzy that much.

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Not being able to finish a quest because the outcomes only appeal to specific players is kinda shit quest design, though.
Technically the lack of appeal doesn't make it impossible to finish the quest. Plus, it's not the first quest which gives a reward the player might consider to be shit for whatever reasons. Pleasing everyone everytime is hard.

Reactions: Lucky_I
Apr 5, 2021
OK, current update on the experiment. If you rush to complete Tea Time for dragons without meeting Evelyn and never helping Azzyrian then you can get to the cave and it asks you if you know any other royalty. There is only a continue button with no further prompts and you get kicked back out to the overworld. The cave is still on the map so I'm gonna make a seperate save and see if it's broken here or if I can return with Azzyrian/when I've dunked azzyrian.
Hey, at least it's better than the Cait problem where the game just assumes you recruited/like Cait all the time.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Pleasing everyone everytime is hard.
Does that mean we shouldn't strive to do it? Just allowing the PC to kill her and absorb her powers would be a huge improvement and not take much effort. If big dumb dragon doesn't want that, then throw in a few corruption points or something for doing so. Would literally be the perfect opportunity for corrupted champs to shine but nope can't be mean to their precious OCs!

Ideally the choice would include Etheryn so both bases are covered; But I suppose Savin/Alypia couldn't be bothered to write a TF set for Ryn.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
OK, current update on the experiment. If you rush to complete Tea Time for dragons without meeting Evelyn and never helping Azzyrian then you can get to the cave and it asks you if you know any other royalty. There is only a continue button with no further prompts and you get kicked back out to the overworld. The cave is still on the map so I'm gonna make a seperate save and see if it's broken here or if I can return with Azzyrian/when I've dunked azzyrian.
Hey, at least it's better than the Cait problem where the game just assumes you recruited/like Cait all the time.
What if your champ has the scion background? Or was march baron/baroness? Wouldn't that make you royalty?

Apr 5, 2021
What if your champ has the scion background? Or was march baron/baroness? Wouldn't that make you royalty?
Obviously, the champ doesn't count, can't give the main character a power fantasy can we? (Seriously, does nothing, can't even mention it in dialogue. It was the first thing I noticed when I did this on my actual character who has noble scion background, guess we're just not noble enough... but a fucking monster girl counts because her mother is a "Queen". Also it's called the Amazon Spear, so it seems pretty pre-determined for NOT YOU and it has to be "Direct Descent" which the writers could have made include the champ, but we all know why they didn't.)

Anyway, results are in, the quest is stuck as uncompletable. Azzy is a braindead bimbo and Evelyn has been removed from the game, can't re-enter the cave but the quest is showing as in progress still. Also, fun note, I'd have thought Sanders would have had a word about Laiden being missing (also a brain dead bimbo now) but I guess this all happened before she had a chance to tell him she was his daughter. Honestly, it's probably better that way.

Last edited:

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Does that mean we shouldn't strive to do it?
I think it's not something that should be excessively stressed over.

Just allowing the PC to kill her and absorb her powers would be a huge improvement and not take much effort.
Something like that would produce a clearly "best" choice, annoying people who would feel getting new content for NPC comes at the cost of not improving their own character. By trying to reduce annoyance you'd only introduce more of it. Pleasing everyone is hard. :sneaky:

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes