Comiies

Aug 27, 2022
are you sure that was in he base cock game and not in the EE mod?
also, if it was it must have been a plothole. Because the writers didn't seem to care too much about their own setting and rules

thanks. It is nice to see a fellow dedicated to lore.
Tank you.I kinda need to know the lore to shit on the game

Reactions: jfmherokiller

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
also, if it was it must have been a plothole. Because the writers didn't seem to care too much about their own setting and rules
Official wiki.

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Yes that was in a base game. I remember it because my reaction to it was like

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Intro implies that demonic magic able to seep through portal. new.jpg
'Tainted' have several meanings, but in this context, I think, it have 'corrupted' context. 'growing warmth on your groin' also implies this.
So it could have possibly be retrofitted with 'demons charge batteries of old man using magic for exchange of sacrifice'.

Laton93

Sep 14, 2022
Does anyone know if there is a way to repeat Etheryn's last mission? I didn't know I had to complete the ceremony with her to convert her into my lover and now I missed some of the new content and I don't have a saved file before that mission

claralover

Engaged Member
Nov 2, 2017
as somone who loved CoC1 and came to CoCII expecting it to be well CoC II. The game really should be named something else and have in its subtext "inspired by CoC".
does it really matter what it's called? you'd still complain if it were "inspired by CoC" or if it had no mention of it.

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
does it really matter what it's called? you'd still complain if it were "inspired by CoC" or if it had no mention of it.
That's always an unfortunate stance to read.

Comparisons would be as inevitable as they would be unfavorable sure as was the nature of reviews that any text based game went through for a time. However, expectations would be different and they would be tapered.

TiTS carried a lot of heat for years both early into launch and now. However, the nature of said complaints were mostly different. I know this because somebody made a similar complaint that 'not being CoC1 was a major complaint TiTS had and it carried the same complaints as CoC2... And I went on to check the validity of that statement over by viewing over 400 pages of forum discussion.

TiTS doesn't get (many) complaints about not being CoC1, adjacent, or a sequel to. But then again it never said it was going to be.
Not even when it was still just a dream and a crowdfunding campaign on offbeatr.

Ironically it still provided many of the things you would want sans corruption. Given it's robust TF system and general relationship dynamics outside of the Savin characters.

CoC2 however advertised itself as quite literally a true sequel

And to make sure it's known this isn't out of context: Here's your first (official) public announcement.
Except CoC2 is no more a sequel of CoC1 than the Witcher: Blood Origin is a prequel to the Witcher.
Or I guess Rings of Power is a more apt comparison as that one was verifiably a hit. So was Velma now that I think on it.

Anyways the major point being that when you call yourself a direct/true sequel you are opening up a hell of a lot of comparisons that are going to be unavoidable. Explaining how this game falls short of the expectations one would have of a sequel goes beyond the scope of this post.

Though a small tangent
Most importantly, CoC2 Development won’t interfere with TiTS Development.
Boy did that end up not being true. Ha.

Meatshield236

Feb 10, 2020
That's always an unfortunate stance to read.

Comparisons would be as inevitable as they would be unfavorable sure as was the nature of reviews that any text based game went through for a time. However, expectations would be different and they would be tapered.

TiTS carried a lot of heat for years both early into launch and now. However, the nature of said complaints were mostly different. I know this because somebody made a similar complaint that 'not being CoC1 was a major complaint TiTS had and it carried the same complaints as CoC2... And I went on to check the validity of that statement over by viewing over 400 pages of forum discussion.

TiTS doesn't get (many) complaints about not being CoC1, adjacent, or a sequel to. But then again it never said it was going to be.
Not even when it was still just a dream and a crowdfunding campaign on offbeatr.

Ironically it still provided many of the things you would want sans corruption. Given it's robust TF system and general relationship dynamics outside of the Savin characters.

CoC2 however advertised itself as quite literally a true sequel

And to make sure it's known this isn't out of context: Here's your first (official) public announcement.
Except CoC2 is no more a sequel of CoC1 than the Witcher: Blood Origin is a prequel to the Witcher.
Or I guess Rings of Power is a more apt comparison as that one was verifiably a hit. So was Velma now that I think on it.

Anyways the major point being that when you call yourself a direct/true sequel you are opening up a hell of a lot of comparisons that are going to be unavoidable. Explaining how this game falls short of the expectations one would have of a sequel goes beyond the scope of this post.

Though a small tangent

Boy did that end up not being true. Ha.
Now that you mention TiTS, I'm curious about what are/were people's complaints about the game? At least from a cursory examination, the game seems better designed and actually lets players express themselves, but also runs into the same problem of "Oh my god there are so many fucking horse-cocked futas."

Reactions: Wrynn13
2.90 star(s) 107 Votes