Peasantry

Apr 11, 2018
People that complain about to much of something are usually the ones that get to much of something they like. So when that stream of content is broken up for whatever reason, they groan -- be they in the right or not.
You get that off a Facebook meme? It sounds like a psychology lesson you'd get from a Facebook meme.

Bloep

Sep 2, 2020
the problem is Futas are getting more content than the other two and the game also shoves them into your face where as for male and female NPCs you have to hunt them down
The only futas i can think of that have a lot of content is Etheryn, Arona and Evelyn. Brienne and cait alone likely eclipse these three in terms of content when Brihaus is finished.

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
I wont quote everyone who say that "futanari have more content", or "futanari are more shown to you" since there's a lot, but I disagree

Most companions are female, and they are the ones that you will always see (if we consider Brint and Brienne as two different characters, we are at 2 males, 7 females, 2 futanari, with one of the female capable of becoming futanari (Agnimitra) )
(I do agree however, than Etheryn and Arona are both futanari companions, and they currently are among the character that have the most content, with Cait, Brint/Brienne, and Kiyoko if we include her content as an NPC (the "inside the gem" content, the kitsune village content, and Kinu) )

Most of the pregnancy content are from female characters (the only futanari with pregnancy content I can think of is probably Arona)

Most kitsune have a lot of content (too much even for some people), and none of them are futanari (almost all of them also have pregnancy content, and even post-pregnancy content)

There's only 2 futanari in the most important area of the game, Hawkthorne (Evelyn and Eryka), and one of the two have next to no content

During the Main Story, you see futanari, because you're mostly fighting demons, and Kassyra is always around the corner since she is the main antagonist
However, don't forget that there's also many female characters involved in the Main Story (Cait, Hethia, Alraune, Gytha, Elthara, Queen Alissa, Calise, and Daliza, are all unmissable character, and I probably forgot about even more characters)

Among The Seven, there's currently 0 futanari, compared to 2 males (Keros and Mallach), and 2 females (Lumia and Nareva)

The futanari you see the most are probably like Etheryn (can we really count her "futanari" content? most of the time she have her chastity belt so it's closer to genderless imo, but anyway), Arona (who is almost inexistant except when it's time to threesome or cuck), Kassyra, Lady Evergreen, and Evelyn

I do agree however, than futanari feels more present that other genders in CoC2, hell, before counting I was thinking that it was something like 10% male 45% female 45% futanari

randomv

Jul 29, 2017
Im struggling to find how to make Etheryn your lover for the new scene. Anyone know
Complete the "The Demon of Ice" quest and tell Etheryn you love her in the conclusion.

I would be curious to see how many scenes futa characters get compared to pure females on average. I remember the dryads and the Khorminos centaurs, where it felt like the single futa got more scenes than the other characters.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
People are constantly mad about that kinda thing.
Could you provide more than one example then? People didn't get up-in-arms about Starfield instead of ES6, Elden Ring instead of Dark Souls 4, or hell I don't even think people were telling Bioware to go making ME4 when Anthem flopped.

The only reason I can see people complaining about such things is, like with your example(which is kind of a poor one since there isn't even evidence), the devs create a great game for a specific niche and then move on to other things. Which leaves the people in said niche feeling shitty because nothing else like what they got before is coming out now. That doesn't really apply to these games because it's the same exact niche.
exactly, people just like to complain
Most complaints about this game are relatively reasonable though? I don't think it's heinous for people to ask for better characterization instead of generic futadom #289.
And every tomboy is a goddamn futa, because of course you can't have a muscular or short haired or even a fucking confident person be just a woman.
And the two tomboy women we do get (Rina and Tui) are hardly tomboys. Christ, they made Rina just look like a straight up bimbo with her updated bust.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Could you provide more than one example then? People didn't get up-in-arms about Starfield instead of ES6, Elden Ring instead of Dark Souls 4, or hell I don't even think people were telling Bioware to go making ME4 when Anthem flopped.

The only reason I can see people complaining about such things is, like with your example(which is kind of a poor one since there isn't even evidence), the devs create a great game for a specific niche and then move on to other things. Which leaves the people in said niche feeling shitty because nothing else like what they got before is coming out now. That doesn't really apply to these games because it's the same exact niche.

Most complaints about this game are relatively reasonable though? I don't think it's heinous for people to ask for better characterization instead of generic futadom #289.

And the two tomboy women we do get (Rina and Tui) are hardly tomboys. Christ, they made Rina just look like a straight up bimbo with her updated bust.
my complaint it isn't content the character that I love don't they fuckin have a character that likes to stuck even if you're not playing it the cat slut
also, there was a romance with the baroness that I know was cut form the game when I read the roadmap on the game
some dozen get any content at all or get Revmap do nothing
this game is not worth it all ready for me

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I've seen numerous complaints about all of those except Elden Ring, simply because Elden Ring has always been thought as a stand-in for Dark Souls 4 anyway.

The only reason I can see people complaining about such things is, like with your example(which is kind of a poor one since there isn't even evidence)
This is a very odd thing to say. We're talking about, basically, internet forum chatter. Do you want me to post random topics with people complaining about those things? I can't see how that would prove anything, but...

Personally I don't think that at all represent most complaints about this game.

Id say majority of complaints about this game boil down to "I don't want this fetish, I want my fetish" or "the content I want isn't coming out fast enough".

Last edited:

Kuroimi95

Nov 20, 2017
Honestly, the whole "CoC2 should have a different name" debate doesn't matter imo
It's not like having a different name would make it better or worse
It's not the first time a game get a bad sequel, and it won't be the last

Personally I don't think that at all represent most complaints about this game.

Id say majority of complaints about this game boil down to "I don't want this fetish, I want my fetish" or "the content I want isn't coming out fast enough".
I agree, but I would include the writing style of some writers (especially Tobs and everything around Kitsune Village) among common complaints about CoC2

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
The problem is not pure numbers of futas. The problem is that futas get much more content written for them, while females and males remain contentless cardboard cutouts.
Also, this is straight up undeniably false.

Like I mentioned before, we just went 4 months before this patch without any futa scenes. And this patch has only a couple.
And before that, it was just Kaylsea, with a whopping three scenes.

Heck, a few months back I did a post counting every futa scene we got this whole year month by month, and it's been in the single digits, every month. And I mean the low single digits.

Who are these futa with huge amounts of content?

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
This is a very odd thing to say. We're talking about, basically, internet forum chatter. Do you want me to post random topics with people complaining about those things? I can't see how that would prove anything, but...
I don't see how backing up your claim is odd. Regardless, the article is just explaining why they're doing starfield and not ES6 and a single quora post is kind of... not the most compelling argument for saying a decent amount of people are saying something(also was talking about the Apex Legends example in the first place). It's a moot point regardless because saying people would complain regardless is just a hypothetical nobody can prove and is honestly just being cynical.
If a game has multiple different kinks in it and they don't cater to each audience with an update, those complaints are bound to happen. Especially if the content can be as polarizing as "Lovey-dovey cow wife" Vs "Getting dominated by giant horse cock that cumflates you". Does not take a rocket scientist to figure out people will be disappointed and express that at some point. Though I will admit it gets grating hearing "futa content is everywhere" for this game.

In terms of the content speed, it's a reasonable criticism. Brihaus has been done or close to it for like months now. Editing it and coding it in should not take this long. It's a recurring theme that they finish writing something only for it to take an unreasonable amount of time for it to actually get into the game. Editing and coding should not consistently take such a long time.
Who are these futa with huge amounts of content?
Just going to say this once since I'm sick of seeing this topic brought up.

Futa content is not as all-encompassing as you guys think. Trust me, they're the only scenes I even really bother with at this point so I'd know. I'd wager a guess and say it's just negativity bias coloring your perception, because futa content is not as in-depth nor is it as common as female content. Also maybe this is venturing into conspiracy theory territory but I would also say it's because there's not much variety in the vagina only havers, thus leading to the only variety involving women with penises, leading you to lash out against them.

Or maybe you guys just wanna commit hate crimes against futas, fuck if I know :KEK:

Alterism

Feb 17, 2019
Goodness. I've had to delete so much post just to make room for new observations as more and more interesting topics came up... At any rate.

here's no "Dom who will make you beg, then give you cuddles after sex" kind of thing
There's technically Xotchi but she's into pain play so obviously not gonna be for everybody. Still there's tons of aftercare after her scenes and her associated "bad" end is actually pretty alright. Actually I like it a lot. She sacrifices nearly everything and risks being blackballed by her own race for no sake other than the MC's.

She also has variations and degrees of doting depending on how far you let her take her session. For an entire relationship that has quite basically no sex at all the author of that character did a pretty good job creating a consensual s/m relationship. And it's not one of those helplessly one-way affairs. Even in the bad end when you sign the contract it has a clause to have an out an-... Ah hell let me pull it up...
... Here we go

Bit of a shame that I just am not into that fetish. But I do like depictions of strong relationships where theirs sacrifice on both sides for the sole purpose of their one and only. So while I'm not into her content I greatly appreciate the effort of the author regardless.

But I've talked about your points a lot for one character or another.
Also I feel TiTS still has a good amount of characters that are more than the fetish or a collage of sex scenes where they profess their love in a relationship that didn't develop love in a bungled attempt at romance which is the case of most of the relationships in CoC2. A good deal of them DO have content show where they reserve their intimate face for the MC alone... For the most part.
So you have:
  • Paige (until recruitment at any rate)
  • Fissi
  • Quinn
  • Bess/Ben
  • Xotchi
  • The Frostwyrm (though almost all of that development happens pretty much after you've already agreed to lay her)
  • Tessa
  • Technically Mirrin
and probably a handful of other characters I can't think of. I guess I could add Sera too given the person she is on either routes of her content and the person she is when she's doting on her children are completely different people.

CoC2 does have characters that try to be more than galleries of sex scenes like:
  • Serena
  • Valencia
  • Gonna add Etheryn
  • Also Kiyoko
  • Annika(?)
  • Aileh
CoC1 has
  • Sheila
  • Whitney
  • Scylla
  • Arian
  • Proto Paige Brooke (until sex scenes unlock at any rate. Damn it, B)
  • That one cat thief whose name I can't remember
  • Marble
I had to be really strict with CoC1. We could include Dominika but her content isn't finished. Phylla also even if her end goal really is just making her hive with you. Urta but I dislike Urta.

The only futas i can think of that have a lot of content is Etheryn, Arona and Evelyn.
And Kas. The entire game revolves around her and you encounter her no less than 3 times (over double that on the romance path). Also shows up in what now? 5 bad endings? Mirror, both versions of portal, losing on the second KM quest. In the plane betweens or w/e it's called there's a metric ton of content in general both sexual and nonsexual in nature.

Technically a lot of content is tied to Etheryn in general. WC, Dracia and I guess we'll include Seastones temple with Seastone the futa being the reward. The village elder you rescue in Harvest Valley is futa. Evergreen is a futa. Meira is a futa.

Ghosts of the Past or w/e it's called centers around a dickgirl. The recently released mushroom dungeon has 2(?)
Like mind you the content distribution is still weighed towards females. But they're not mythical in their scarcity either. As a result, somebody who doesn't particularly enjoy them is going to see them quite often in a sizable amount of mandatory encounters. Not as if that means a lot given how few those are, when you get down to it.

Maybe futanaris are more memorable? I dunno
Bias. It's the same thing when people feel like they're getting screwed by a system in which there's true RNG but you go back and tally the outcomes and they have a mostly even spread. It's just the outcomes you don't like are more prevalent in your mind due to our brains being wired with a negative bias.

If you don't like something and you see it regardless of the number of times you see it, it resonates more in your mind.

Could you provide more than one example then?
Resident Evil Operation Racoon City had the usual amount of "Why not make Outbreak" Criers.
So did Umbrella Corps
So did Resistance;

274 individual posts on Resistance. About Outbreak.
They're in every community. They won't shut up about it. I wish for them to step on the lego I stepped on three months ago.

Megaman fans are fiending for the Legends 3 that will never happen. Then there's the DMC fans who were eventually appeased but they were rather... vocal for awhile.

Castlevania fans at one point were this. But, between the god awful overpriced emulator rom "ports", the scummy heinous "happy anniversary NFTs", and that netflix adaptation, the people that still remains on the [REDACTED] fan site just pray for the series to die at this point.

Respawn went so far as to shadowdrop Apex Legends, because they knew everyone would be mad they weren't making Titanfall 3.
There was a lot more than just making fans angry.
Goodness this posts getting long. Let's make this brief.

The reasons as stated in an interview were
  • Being inspired by Beyoncee and Kanye(?) stealth album release and the subsequent performance they made
  • Not wanting competitors to steal their innovations/QoL (which did happen so stealth release was a good call)
  • Not giving fans of TF2 a chance to feel alienated
  • Prevent the narrative forming of big bad EA forcing them to switch genre (which people would have done as it absolutely was EA's fault for TF2's piss poor advertising and releasing near both Battlefield 1 and Call of Duty)
  • Reduce optics of both the f2p nature and microtransactions
Was a gamble and it paid off. Good on them.

It's not like having a different name would make it better or worse
It's not the first time a game get a bad sequel, and it won't be the last
Generally it would taper expectations. The last thing people enjoy is a sequel that's not a sequel and promising something you never intended to deliver continues to stupidly plague this industry.

People would still have complaints regardless of name for this product in particular. But at least this product wouldn't also have to add "promised to be a sequel and then didn't even attempt to be" to its sheet.

Breath of Fire had two of these.
Once with Dragon Quarter (which despite being nothing like the games that preceded it, wasn't a bad game. Just not what you'd expect from Breath of Fire) and again with 6 (Which WAS a bad game and had next to nothing to do with any of the series establishments and ensured the series would never see the light of day ever again. Thanks Capcom)

Last edited:

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I don't see how backing up your claim is odd. Regardless, the article is just explaining why they're doing starfield and not ES6 and a single quora post is kind of... not the most compelling argument for saying a decent amount of people are saying something(also was talking about the Apex Legends example in the first place). It's a moot point regardless because saying people would complain regardless is just a hypothetical nobody can prove and is honestly just being cynical.
Theres not much to say about the Apex Legends thing? The dev said exactly why they did it.

And it's odd to ask about something that would be essentially unprovable, especially when you initial claim didnt exactly have anything backing it up in the first place. We're talking about internet opinion which isn't something you can provide hard proof for any way besides some random topics.

Regardless, people in some amount definitely complained about those things.

If a game has multiple different kinks in it and they don't cater to each audience with an update, those complaints are bound to happen.
That doesn't make those complaints reasonable. Everything can't cater to everyone in every update. It's a very self-centered complaint.

In terms of the content speed, it's a reasonable criticism. Brihaus has been done or close to it for like months now. Editing it and coding it in should not take this long. It's a recurring theme that they finish writing something only for it to take an unreasonable amount of time for it to actually get into the game. Editing and coding should not consistently take such a long time.
Not sure I agree with this either, mostly because the complaints are consistent no matter how fast content is actually being pushed out.

End of 2022/beginning of 2023 was actually huge for content, honestly probably the fastest/biggest content drops this game has ever had. Big projects back to back and it was like a 5-6 month stretch.
I still saw a lot of the same 'ol complaints.

I'd wager a guess and say it's just negativity bias coloring your perception, because futa content is not as in-depth nor is it as common as female content.
And...yeah, I wholeheartedly agree with this.

It's very annoying to be in all actuality starving for content and then have people repeatedly complain about there being too much of it.

Meatshield236

Feb 10, 2020
I think part of the problem is one of advertising. It would be one thing if this game was clearly labeled as a "fantasy game with a large furry and futa presence," but it isn't. And it doesn't follow what you typically see (or at least the pattern I've noticed) where games with futa either clearly label themselves, or put it off to one side so you don't have to interact with it if you don't want to. Instead, the first sex scene is a futa with a giant horse cock, and your options are "let her fuck you" or "fuck her" and the trend continues from there. I was promised horny fantasy adventures and instead got transported to someone's magical realm. Again, if they had clearly said the game had a bunch of futa content, then that's on me for not reading.

This, once again, is a flaw of their disorganized development style. One minute you can be having nice fun sexy times and the next moment you're being sent to the futa dimension. It just doesn't seem to realize that what's hot for one person is nightmare fuel for another, and nothing crashes the horny party quite like seeing something that you find disturbing that developer is portraying as hot. Even just a simple set of tags like "Futa, dom, giant cock" would go a long way into making it easier to navigate to the characters and content you want, rather than the entire thing being a game of "guess who has a horse cock."

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
I think part of the problem is one of advertising. It would be one thing if this game was clearly labeled as a "fantasy game with a large furry and futa presence," but it isn't.
Eh?

This game focuses on romancing monstergirls and furries. There are male/male, male/female, and female/female relationships, along with relationships with intersex characters. The game contains elements of transformation, post-combat victory sex, erotic "bad ends," female domination ("femdom"), impregnation and child-bearing, and group sexual encounters.

This is the content description on the front of their Steam page.
I'd say that covers it.

Also, I belive Kas is actually the third sex scene. The first one is cultists, second is Cait.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
That's my bad then. I've only read the description at the start of this thread, which doesn't tell you much.
Well, mods run the thread I think. Pretty sure CoC2 devs never claimed ownership, for obvious reasons.

Also, when the game launched, there were zero futa in the game at all. I think the first ones didnt pop up for like 4-6 months.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes