Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Honestly amazes me how many people take issue with his writing and nothing is being done about it. Like does nobody on the dev team actually see the issue with the guy or something? Does he even listen to feedback? I would assume not because his writing hasn't changed this entire time.
Nothing is being done about it because...its working. Lots and lots of people simp hard for the kitsune content, and Tob's writing in general. There were lots of positive comments on the Gweyr stuff. People gush over his writing in the forums and the Discord. People take issue with it too, but in general, Tobs' content is some of the more popular stuff in the game.

Shitty stuff sells all the time, gotta roll with it.

I just shouldn't question these things, I probably don't even want to know the answer in the first place:HideThePain:. Just so weird how one person can have their head stuck in the ground that deep. I imagine he doesn't do much self-reflection in general.
Actually, on the Discord in the last few days he discussed at length how he was surprised at some of the reactions his stuff got, his reasons for writing it the way he did and what he plans to change for next game (him, Wsan and Savin have been dropping more and more about "Next game"). It was kind of an interesting read...though a lot of the nuance is lost on me because I've still never done the fox stuff besides saying I will a billion times by now.

Noone202

Jan 18, 2020
Actually, on the Discord in the last few days he discussed at length how he was surprised at some of the reactions his stuff got, his reasons for writing it the way he did and what he plans to change for next game (him, Wsan and Savin have been dropping more and more about "Next game").
Is this a sign they're giving up on this game? Because the coding bottle neck would get even worse if they release a new game while this one is still on "development".
Mods creator, time to shine

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Is this a sign they're giving up on this game? Because the coding bottle neck would get even worse if they release a new game while this one is still on "development".
I doubt it. But KM's start marked the halfway point for development, so this game only has 2 or 3 more years planned for dev time.

So apparently they think up ideas for what they'll do once it's over.

hater45

Mar 7, 2017
Nothing is being done about it because...its working. Lots and lots of people simp hard for the kitsune content, and Tob's writing in general. There were lots of positive comments on the Gweyr stuff. People gush over his writing in the forums and the Discord. People take issue with it too, but in general, Tobs' content is some of the more popular stuff in the game.
I'm going to be honest with you, but that Discord and forum is a gigantic hugbox. Tobs is a decent writer but lacks a strict editor so he makes the same mistakes as a lot of authors given full free reign. Gweyr's quest was so balls to the wall retarded I don't understand how people can like it. She knew the people were brainwashed/ convinced and were only children and she was physically stronger than them. Instead of a non lethal approach she just killed them without second thoughts and your PC can't call her out for her stupidity.

Then we go to Kinuquest which is just so much wanking of Kinu that I'm surprised that Savin allowed it because he denied a submission of a sword companion because the sword companion didn't involve the player too much but allowed that snoozefest in. Tobs also writes like a Korean webtoon author with the unnecessary drama that happens and you have no influence on the outcome. Kiyoko's jealousy of young Kinu and the whole Keros pulling the most devious prank by leaving your family in the orb for 10 years so they can hate you? That crispy fox's original story before Savin had to tard wrangle him. The whole fox culture is just ripped from Japan's isolationism but told through a weeb Chinese person.

Kalyadranoc

Nov 15, 2017
I'm going to be honest with you, but that Discord and forum is a gigantic hugbox. Tobs is a decent writer but lacks a strict editor so he makes the same mistakes as a lot of authors given full free reign. Gweyr's quest was so balls to the wall retarded I don't understand how people can like it. She knew the people were brainwashed/ convinced and were only children and she was physically stronger than them. Instead of a non lethal approach she just killed them without second thoughts and your PC can't call her out for her stupidity.

Then we go to Kinuquest which is just so much wanking of Kinu that I'm surprised that Savin allowed it because he denied a submission of a sword companion because the sword companion didn't involve the player too much but allowed that snoozefest in. Tobs also writes like a Korean webtoon author with the unnecessary drama that happens and you have no influence on the outcome. Kiyoko's jealousy of young Kinu and the whole Keros pulling the most devious prank by leaving your family in the orb for 10 years so they can hate you? That crispy fox's original story before Savin had to tard wrangle him. The whole fox culture is just ripped from Japan's isolationism but told through a weeb Chinese person.
There's also the fact that if you make some kinda of constructive argument on the forums against the writers it gets blasted to the moon, if you try, they WILL SHOOT YOU DOWN, like, 99% of the times, they shit on the heads of people that try to talk bad about something in the game and they do it hard, i saw posts of people being shitted upon so fucking hard it hurt me emotionally to read it, they take NO ARGUMENTS AGAINST THEM, NONE and that's why i don`t trust they forums/discord, most of the times, only their flunkies' talk there which ends up in a ton of people talking really good about the game and the ones that talk bad of it are gangraped.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Lots and lots of people simp hard for the kitsune content, and Tob's writing in general. There were lots of positive comments on the Gweyr stuff. People gush over his writing in the forums and the Discord. People take issue with it too, but in general, Tobs' content is some of the more popular stuff in the game.
Well with how curated their discord and forum seem to be, I'd say that certainly doesn't help. For me, if even one person has sincere critcism, I'll always take it to heart, even if I don't agree with it. TOBS doesn't seem to care about even the small amount he does get. Idk, it's just weird to me he doesn't seem like he wants to even improve as a writer.

I mean yeah but I guess I just expected better when the whole thing is centered around writing, meaning since it's the only thing to go on, people would be more critical of it. You can't pretty up the shit with flashy lights and colors when the shit is all there is, yknow?

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Well with how curated their discord and forum seem to be, I'd say that certainly doesn't help. For me, if even one person has sincere critcism, I'll always take it to heart, even if I don't agree with it. TOBS doesn't seem to care about even the small amount he does get. Idk, it's just weird to me he doesn't seem like he wants to even improve as a writer.
I've never really noticed said curation being that bad. I hear about it a lot around here, but I've seen lots of people being critical of the devs. Just for example, that Brienne scene is widely disliked, and it's gotten quite a a lot of back and forth. As well as Tobs' stuff in general being controversial whenever it comes up.

I've actually noticed more censorship here, in this thread. Wide swathes of it get deleted seemingly at random and I've never really figured out why.

I mean yeah but I guess I just expected better when the whole thing is centered around writing, meaning since it's the only thing to go on, people would be more critical of it. You can't pretty up the shit with flashy lights and colors when the shit is all there is, yknow?
You think so? Because 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight both sold gangbusters. So do (gag) light novels, and those are pretty much universally bad.

Trashy writing might be an even easier sell than trashy TV.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
I've never really noticed said curation being that bad. I hear about it a lot around here, but I've seen lots of people being critical of the devs. Just for example, that Brienne scene is widely disliked, and it's gotten quite a a lot of back and forth. As well as Tobs' stuff in general being controversial whenever it comes up.
Well I can't personally attest to it since I don't care enough to look in either, I'm just going off of what people say. 'S why I said seems instead of just outright saying one way or another. Would be glad if that wasn't the case at any rate.

I've actually noticed more censorship here, in this thread. Wide swathes of it get deleted seemingly at random and I've never really figured out why.
Never noticed that personally and I'd say I check thread decently often. Weird. Was it your own posts or someone else's? Maybe people just delete their posts.

You think so? Because 50 Shades of Grey and Twilight both sold gangbusters. So do (gag) light novels, and those are pretty much universally bad.

Trashy writing might be an even easier sell than trashy TV.
True enough I suppose. Guess I just put too much faith in people.

Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Never noticed that personally and I'd say I check thread decently often. Weird. Was it your own posts or someone else's? Maybe people just delete their posts.
It's generally older stuff, is what's weird. Like, a few days to a few weeks before.

You'd probably never notice unless you were in the habit of trying to refer to old conversations, which I like to do frequently.

I'll try to find something I said, comb through weeks of posts, and realize that whole multi-page conversations were nuked, nothing remaining. Occasionally there'll be a notice about a cleanup, but not always.

It's like a mod visits once a month, realizes they should probably do something, nukes a random stretch of 50 posts and then disappears again.

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
please I hope they give it sexual content that the same thing doesn't happen to us as with Taldahs ......... what the hell is the use of having such a good design if you can't fuck it. :(
(y)
Balak Knightfang:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

NODOGAN

Dec 11, 2017
Say do I need to bring Garret with me to get all items from the medallion ghost quest? cuz I wanna fuck the wolf ghost THICCNESS herself but the idiot whinning how "she looks like my mommy" is a turn-off (and I'm not sure a one-off wank is worth losing unique items.)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: DoctorSargePep

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Say do I need to bring Garret with me to get all items from the medallion ghost quest? cuz I wanna fuck the wolf ghost THICCNESS herself but the idiot whinning how "she looks like my mommy" is a turn-off (and I'm not sure a one-off wank is worth losing unique items.)
Bringing Garret will allow you to finish the quest w/o fighting the CHAD Ghost wolf king and getting even more items from him.

Sep 20, 2018
Does anyone have a link to the latest version?
View attachment 1933271

"Alright, Berry’s new quest is taking a little longer to code than expected"
"New win scene for the Crazy Horses of Harvest Valley (by BubbleChaser)"
"Quin has more dialogue and options in various quests"

View attachment 1933273
Aside from the fact that they take a really long time to give small updates I think it's super weird how they introduce characters like the new marefolk stylists before they have any art. I don't know why they don't just wait until the art is done.
:mad::FacePalm: This is exactly my point,don't know why they don't have the bust drawn up while they're writing out the characters and/or creatures

Reactions: Jwow3

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
I just don't get Kinus content. I just recently learned of the second part of her quest, where you have to talk to komari first I think then can talk to kinu again. So your daughter, and also a BIG DEAL to the kitsune, who timeline wise was recently attacked, along with her entire family, by a entire group that apparently got past a gods protection and proceeded to yeet fire all over your home a few hours or so until people noticed, proceeds to travel cross continent with KOHAKU and what seem to be 5 or 6 farmers-with-pitchforks level guards. You've got people like kurako, golem maker fox that's abandonware, miko and mai, or I dunno, NAKANO?

*SPOILERS*

So kinu gets jumped, by the same people, kohaku and the farmers suffer a coma, a fatality and severe wounds from a single wave, then kinu commands them to run away. So man with rapier talks about taoth and wanting to rape her rapidly, and then basically is a nano second from killing her but they write in a "actually her shoulder touched the teleport so she's k". Afterward, when your character starts trying to say anything about defending her more, it basically boils down to her saying she's a strong independent woman who is very close to learning the power of friendship and a training arc. Nakano would have had a moment to have really shone if he'dve been the one that stayed with her/ saved her after she told kohaku to flee, and he received injuries in her place or some such, and they wouldntve needed a more blatant deus ex machina but anyway. So taoth is what was originally going to be the "evil" kitsune route stemming from when you first take the amulet, there was going to be a whole route where you sided with him instead but apparently nobody wanted to write it or it took effort or something. Main thing though is taoth is essentially god-level, or at minimum kasyrras level. So keros apparently is letting a foreign dark god randomly attack his people, kill them, maim them, siege a home of his direct descendants under his protection, he doesn't inform you, who could be his champion at this point, he doesn't inform his priestesses, he doesn't inform kiyoko, he doesn't directly interfere, they didn't give kinu any guards worth a crap, and both times she only wasn't violated or slowly tortured to death from sheer luck.

So imo it's stupid on multiple levels, that she's just a solo DND power fantasy, that nobody in the den seems to care, that keros is doing jack-all while a enemy god supposedly from kas' dimension and his cult does whatever in his domain, that her fiance, at least one of which is a turbo samurai fanboy apparently let her go cross continent on her own after she's already been a target while he whines and writes crap poetry, and also that taoth, who is at minimum a second or third endgame-level antagonist, is going to be dealt with most likely by a solo kinu becoming a anime level power fantasy while the main character just listens to her stories while sitting in the corner. Edit: OH YEAH I forgot, for bonus points MALLACH via river is the one to directly interfere to ensure her safety at the end.
What gets me about those quests are that were such a missed opportunity. Biggest issues with the fox den are how much they treat you as an outsider and how distant Kinu becomes from you after leaving the amulet. Quests about protecting the den and your family could have easily served to rectify these. Reforging your bond with your daughter in battle. Maybe some training with the weapon she chose under your influence. Prove to the den why you're worthy of Kiyoko and their respect. Show that some "barbarism" is necessary to get shit done sometimes. Hell, have us spend time fighting along Nakano so he'll stop treating you like some muggle-born and helping him with his issues so he doesn't fuck up his marriage with Kinu. But no, gotta keep it that it's Kinu's story and you have no part in it.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
What gets me about those quests are that were such a missed opportunity. Biggest issues with the fox den are how much they treat you as an outsider and how distant Kinu becomes from you after leaving the amulet. Quests about protecting the den and your family could have easily served to rectify these. Reforging your bond with your daughter in battle. Maybe some training with the weapon she chose under your influence. Prove to the den why you're worthy of Kiyoko and their respect. Show that some "barbarism" is necessary to get shit done sometimes. Hell, have us spend time fighting along Nakano so he'll stop treating you like some muggle-born and helping him with his issues so he doesn't fuck up his marriage with Kinu. But no, gotta keep it that it's Kinu's story and you have no part in it.
Because that whas never the intention to it. It should only show off how awesome Kinu is and how she does not need her good for nothing daddy that should know where his place is as an uncultured barbar or otherwise this would not be a saltmine for spiting.

Boardguy

Feb 14, 2018
Because that whas never the intention to it. It should only show off how awesome Kinu is and how she does not need her good for nothing daddy that should know where his place is as an uncultured barbar or otherwise this would not be a saltmine for spiting.
Her hatred of her or distance of her father will never make sense. I could understand if it was some kind of impotent seethe cause you can't be made at YOUR GOD WHO DID TOOK YOUR PARENT FROM YOU but acting like your parent wanted to leave you doesn't make sense when you find out why there gone. Then again foxes are little shits with only a few having any manners cause their demons so screw em.

2.90 star(s) 107 Votes