4.70 star(s) 59 Votes

Allman

Jan 31, 2021
Guys let´s just appreciate the work he did so far and if he ever comes back, then we celebrate his comeback, if not let´s just hope that he is doing great in real life and has found another hobby that is fullfilling for him.
I mean he never had interest in making money with his project.
Something that is outstanding for me. He is not charging patrons for wallpapers or "previews" of the next update of his game. Or is making weird statements about when a next update comes and then fails to deliver it over and over. Of course the silent treatment is hard for all of us, but let him breathe, don´t stalk his activities and hope that he makes a great comeback once he feels like it.

ps: sorry if my english is shit, my brain isn´t working at this time anymore, it´s 2:45 AM for me ^^

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
An update on how things are going would be nice.
No update in over 500 days, marked abandoned because developer didn't even bother to ask F95 to place the status on hold.

Developer's account is seen on F95 daily for over 400 days without posting to any forum on the site. Never adds a reaction to any post on the site in over 400 days. Never replies to any DMs on here or messages on his profile for over 400 days. Users on his discord report not seeing him on it for over 400 days.

But "an update on how things are going would be nice"?
really.gif

_13_

Game Developer
Oct 8, 2020
FilthySloth let us know that they weren't going to be able to work on the game for an undetermined length of time. Anyone can log into F95 from a phone, but it's very difficult to do much of any development work on a phone.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
FilthySloth let us know that they weren't going to be able to work on the game for an undetermined length of time. Anyone can log into F95 from a phone, but it's very difficult to do much of any development work on a phone.
But the point you're neglecting is that logging into F95 by phone (and seeing their thread with so many people asking how they are doing, getting DMs asking how they are doing) means they could easily post some kind of message to at least assuage the concerns about their well being ---- if they wanted to. They choose not to. That there sums up the situation.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
But the point you're neglecting is that logging into F95 by phone (and seeing their thread with so many people asking how they are doing, getting DMs asking how they are doing) means they could easily post some kind of message to at least assuage the concerns about their well being ---- if they wanted to. They choose not to. That there sums up the situation.
Well the last thing they explained was having personal issues. So in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, that could lead to some stuff that make it quite understandable that they don't want to be deal with people asking only "when's the next update", if they were to post here... That's some unwanted stress right there...

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well the last thing they explained was having personal issues. So in the middle of a worldwide pandemic, that could lead to some stuff that make it quite understandable that they don't want to be deal with people asking only "when's the next update", if they were to post here... That's some unwanted stress right there...
Please, be honest and be realistic. There have been sincere posts of worrying in this thread about the health and (physical, mental, and emotional) well-being of FilthySloth, the person -- not just "update, when?" Are they outnumbered about wondering about updates? Sure. However, people who care exist on this thread and post about it - including your own repeated comments showing sympathy about FilthySloth's situation.

If they simply didn't want stress, they could choose not to log in every single day. They could log in with an alternate account (which they probably already do) and never come into this thread.

I'm not saying the developer owes anyone anything. They don't.

However, people need to be honest with themselves and the situation instead of attempting to make excuses.

Reactions: torresm

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Please, be honest and be realistic. There have been sincere posts of worrying in this thread about the health and (physical, mental, and emotional) well-being of FilthySloth, the person -- not just "update, when?" Are they outnumbered about wondering about updates? Sure. However, people who care exist on this thread and post about it - including your own repeated comments showing sympathy about FilthySloth's situation.

If they simply didn't want stress, they could choose not to log in every single day. They could log in with an alternate account (which they probably already do) and never come into this thread.

I'm not saying the developer owes anyone anything. They don't.

However, people need to be honest with themselves and the situation instead of attempting to make excuses.
I'm not saying there's been only posts about the updates. I'm saying, if Sloth was to post here, I'm afraid some people would start hounding them for a game update.
Vastly different.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I'm not saying there's been only posts about the updates. I'm saying, if Sloth was to post here, I'm afraid some people would start hounding them for a game update.
Vastly different.
And you miss the point.

People are already asking about updates.
People post to FilthySloth's profile here.
People DM FilthySloth.
People have mentioned they haven't seen FilthySloth even log in to their own discord. But they log in here every day.
So that stress you are concerned about would already be a factor.
FilthySloth is already not responding, but logs into that account every day. FilthySloth's posting here or not changes nothing about that. It changes nothing about their response to those update questions.

The point is FilthySloth chooses not to say anything. Every single day they log in, nothing at all.

That attentive silence speaks volumes about their return.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
And you miss the point.

People are already asking about updates.
People post to FilthySloth's profile here.
People DM FilthySloth.
People have mentioned they haven't seen FilthySloth even log in to their own discord. But they log in here every day.
So that stress you are concerned about would already be a factor.
FilthySloth is already not responding, but logs into that account every day. FilthySloth's posting here or not changes nothing about that. It changes nothing about their response to those update questions.

The point is FilthySloth chooses not to say anything. Every single day they log in, nothing at all.

That attentive silence speaks volumes about their return.
That also plainly speaks volume on the respect and patience of the people on this website, now, isn't it ?

w_Stew

Aug 13, 2020
Well... his name IS sloth - Noted for their slowness of movement. They spend most of their lives hanging upside down in trees. Sloths are solitary animals that rarely interact with one another except during breeding season, though female sloths do sometimes congregate, more so than do males. Sloths descend about once every eight days to defecate on the ground.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Well... his name IS sloth - Noted for their slowness of movement. They spend most of their lives hanging upside down in trees. Sloths are solitary animals that rarely interact with one another except during breeding season, though female sloths do sometimes congregate, more so than do males. Sloths descend about once every eight days to defecate on the ground.
Thank you mister Irwin. :KEK:

4.70 star(s) 59 Votes