4.70 star(s) 59 Votes

finger_ninja

Oct 4, 2021
I really hope this dev comes back and finishes this game some day, I've seen devs go radio silent for a year to come back and add new updates so its possible.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I'd say making a spiritual successor would be a better idea. I highly doubt somebody cracking the original open to continue it would live up to what Sloth was trying to make. Also so far nobody seems to know how they made the models. So it would be far easier to just make a successor with it's own artstyle, even if it ends up trying to replicate the original's one.

Also, you know, respecting Sloth's work and all that.

azhrael0

Nov 1, 2020
If nothing else, I'd be interested if someone figured out how Sloth did the models, because the style really appeals to me and I'd like to see it used more. The combination of that and the quirky humor were the two biggest things that drew me to this project, and it would be a shame to have it die with it.

Oni-Zero

Sep 22, 2017
I suggest that people consider this game abandoned until an actual release with considerable content is released, not really going to bother arguing with Rutonat because it's either Sloth's alt or a diehard fan that will shield Sloth until the very end despite being technically right, if sloth releases an update say, 50 years into the future it would mean that the game wasn't abandoned after all, but rather people had 50 years to burn by constantly lurking on this thread.

And is also wrong, no one stopped people from making parody vn's from popular IP's so not doing the same here or even preventing making straight-up copycats would be highly hypocrite, that doesn't stop "authors" to "pressure" people into dropping any atempt to continue a functinally dead IP

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I suggest that people consider this game abandoned until an actual release with considerable content is released, not really going to bother arguing with Rutonat because it's either Sloth's alt or a diehard fan that will shield Sloth until the very end despite being technically right, if sloth releases an update say, 50 years into the future it would mean that the game wasn't abandoned after all, but rather people had 50 years to burn by constantly lurking on this thread.

And is also wrong, no one stopped people from making parody vn's from popular IP's so not doing the same here or even preventing making straight-up copycats would be highly hypocrite, that doesn't stop "authors" to "pressure" people into dropping any atempt to continue a functinally dead IP
What are you smoking ? When have I said to anyone that the game wasn't abandonned ?
Or that the game wasn't to be touched be anyone ?
Seriously dude. I literally just reacted when people were talking about cracking the game to suggest that remaking would be simpler than trying to further the current version.
You need to go outside and touch grass.

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
I'd say making a spiritual successor would be a better idea. I highly doubt somebody cracking the original open to continue it would live up to what Sloth was trying to make. Also so far nobody seems to know how they made the models. So it would be far easier to just make a successor with it's own artstyle, even if it ends up trying to replicate the original's one.

Also, you know, respecting Sloth's work and all that.
there are far less important, or less atractive games in my opinion, which have multiple re makes, in different platforms, like unreal vs renpy, etc.
Sloty has corrupted most of us the ferker!! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Rutonat

mattmotor

May 30, 2018
And you miss the point.

People are already asking about updates.
People post to FilthySloth's profile here.
People DM FilthySloth.
People have mentioned they haven't seen FilthySloth even log in to their own discord. But they log in here every day.
So that stress you are concerned about would already be a factor.
FilthySloth is already not responding, but logs into that account every day. FilthySloth's posting here or not changes nothing about that. It changes nothing about their response to those update questions.

The point is FilthySloth chooses not to say anything. Every single day they log in, nothing at all.

That attentive silence speaks volumes about their return.
Well, silence doesnt really mean lack of updates/return. Hello Games (No Man's Sky) and CDPR (CP2077) did the same radio silence thing after releasing their games. Sometimes the best PR is silence. Ofc not all the time tho.

Now that said, other stuff would need to be looked into for likelyhood of a return. Idk anything about Sloth and his actions since they started the game. Usually radio silence is for games with really bad PR or if the producer really doesnt like dealing with people (An example of this would be Picroma during development of Cube World. Insane amts of radio salience for updates due to trauma from certain dumbies who had a hate boner for him).

Based on my limited knowledge I think best case would be this moving to a side project for Sloth with second best having the project put on hold. If that case were true then they dont want to provide updates to give unwanted hope or lack of hope for the project. After such a long time Sloth may have given up on providing an update as the longer things go on the harder it is to talk about it.

Worst case is obviously abandonment. Seems most likely case as well, but not exactly the only case. So I mostly agree with you on your final point, but idk if I'd call it "speaking volumes".

LeenLeen

May 29, 2018
Imo it's not that bad tactics,
release very teasing version of the game,
make it sink into peoples memory,
then at optimal point arrive with a big ass update and
clear plan of development, and pump the shit out of the player's pockets.
Yep, I would willingly spent at least 10-15$ on this game monthly,
even if in my country that means a day or two of full-time physical labour...

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
is it just me or is morgan reminding other people of zone?

Did it have enough content worthy of even having a go of it, or did it just get ditched right at the start?
it was heating up to be a decent game to revisit, but its mainly teasing and dream sequences involving the daughters. the succubus jacked mc off once and exposed him to his wife, after she returned there was silence.

clear plan of development, and pump the shit out of the player's pockets.
Yep, I would willingly spent at least 10-15$ on this game monthly,
even if in my country that means a day or two of full-time physical labour...
so far it was free. not even a patreon or similar plattforms

LeenLeen

May 29, 2018
Exactly, but dev should charge for that, as this is still more decent work than 90%+ of games here.
Maybe that's it's future, hard to tell. I can only dream after all.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
Now that said, other stuff would need to be looked into for likelyhood of a return. Idk anything about Sloth and his actions since they started the game. Usually radio silence is for games with really bad PR or if the producer really doesnt like dealing with people
The last thing we know is that Sloth had to deal with some heavy personal issues, a bit after the start of the pandemic. And "personal issues" during a worldwide pandemic usually isn't good news.

is it just me or is morgan reminding other people of zone?
She's more of a generic big titties goth gf with some witchcraft on top.

Exactly, but dev should charge for that, as this is still more decent work than 90%+ of games here.
Maybe that's it's future, hard to tell. I can only dream after all.
Except it wasn't meant to be a money-maker to begin with. Apparently, Sloth made the project as a learning tool. He didn't monetize it, likely to avoid people getting pissy about update rythm and the likes. If he doesn't charge for anything, nobody can yell at him for being slow to update or droping the project altogether.

Did it have enough content worthy of even having a go of it, or did it just get ditched right at the start?
There isn't a huge deal of content, but the quality is such that for what little there is, it's (in my opinion) very worth playing it.

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
Dear Santa,
This year I dont want any toys, or PC games new console, my girlfriend to let me shag her finally, etc. I just want you help Slotty to create some content on this amazing game, any tiny update will do, even a short scene with any of the characters.
I have been a very good boy, only had a wank a day as requested. Thus proving I am doing my bit.

Hope to hear from you soon with good news!
Merry xmas

4.70 star(s) 59 Votes