4.70 star(s) 59 Votes

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I received no such notification. All I said was "Screw the game, I just want to know what's going on with Civil Civets."
Maybe someone thought you were shitting on the game and reported the post, and a mod removed it. If people didn't play the game, they won't get any ingame reference.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I received no such notification. All I said was "Screw the game, I just want to know what's going on with Civil Civets."
Maybe someone thought you were shitting on the game and reported the post, and a mod removed it. If people didn't play the game, they won't get any ingame reference.
The post does look like it's off-topic - dismissing the game and mentioning another title - because unless someone has a good memory (or played Corruption Time repeatedly enough) they wouldn't get the in-game reference. Context is everything.

Polaxymer

Sep 13, 2019
Love this game, the art style is beautiful and the characters and humor are great. I hope Sloth reads this, miss you.

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
If somebody gets me the assets I'll do it.
ooohh man...dont tease with this...all my veins are about to pop!!

why assets are that important, dont you have any other similar ones? I believe this game art is very unique, but it must be somewhere...perhaps if we pray....long....and hard....enough...Slotty god might hear us and send a PM to you with the info.

God knows....(see what I've done there...you got me? :))
Cheers.

Reactions: muhkuh

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
If somebody gets me the assets I'll do it.
Don't steal the assets. Respect Sloth. If people can figure out what settings/shaders/etc (I dunno how it works tbh) they used, then fine, great, make something inspired by the game. Like some other mind-fuckery from one of our sexiest goth girl's friends/rivals messing with another family (like neigbhors or something) but don't straight up take away the original.
That's bad taste. And a better compliment to Sloth would be to add to their universe, not twist it.

ANIManiak

Oct 3, 2018
why assets are that important, dont you have any other similar ones? I believe this game art is very unique, but it must be somewhere...perhaps if we pray....long....and hard....enough...Slotty god might hear us and send a PM to you with the info.
Coz it's like car parts, you can't reproduce or properly repair car without exactly used parts (well, actually you can, but it'll become frankenstein)

Don't steal the assets.
As if it's even possible...

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
As if it's even possible...
I never tried to rip open a Renpy game, so I have no idea of the extent of stuff you can take away. I know you can't, obviously, get the setting of a whole other program, but ripping off the renders seem just as scummy, in my opinion.

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
I never tried to rip open a Renpy game, so I have no idea of the extent of stuff you can take away. I know you can't, obviously, get the setting of a whole other program, but ripping off the renders seem just as scummy, in my opinion.
renpy is mostly images and videos, its all pre-rendered unlike stuff like kotatsu and other realtime rendering games. you cant do anything with those but edit them, but that gets old really quick and you cant remix them into new content all that much.

Reactions: WolferQT

WolferQT

Sep 26, 2020
Clear as mud!
Most Ren'Py games are just images so you can't extract the assets. This is also a game where the characters were custom made so whoever would be continuing this has 2 options: get them from Sloth or painstakingly recreate them. Sloth has been radio silent so we have no idea how possible the first one is, while the second would take way too long to be really worth it.

Gerardo Nardo

Oct 14, 2017
Most Ren'Py games are just images so you can't extract the assets. This is also a game where the characters were custom made so whoever would be continuing this has 2 options: get them from Sloth or painstakingly recreate them. Sloth has been radio silent so we have no idea how possible the first one is, while the second would take way too long to be really worth it.
got it!

well, how about similar??? :)

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
can someone tell me why this is abandon? or the author about to make something new on future?
Creator warned they would be busy/unavailable for a while. No more communication happened over the following ~2 years, though the account has been logged in pretty much every day since. At this point it’s not even clear if that is FilthySloth logging in or whether it’s an automated script or something.

Reactions: King-sama
4.70 star(s) 59 Votes