4.70 star(s) 59 Votes

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Creator warned they would be busy/unavailable for a while. No more communication happened over the following ~2 years, though the account has been logged in pretty much every day since. At this point it’s not even clear if that is FilthySloth logging in or whether it’s an automated script or something.
It is clear that it's not automated - because the account has been seen in various threads on this site. If it was automated, it wouldn't do so. Example from a few months ago:

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
Creator warned they would be busy/unavailable for a while. No more communication happened over the following ~2 years, though the account has been logged in pretty much every day since. At this point it’s not even clear if that is FilthySloth logging in or whether it’s an automated script or something.
I see...
btw what dev say if some time the users ask about game update?

It is abandoned because the dev vanished without any trace or explanation.

That only he himself knows. But he didn't tell us, so your guess is as good as mine.
ahhh i see :( that's sad even though the game seems great

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I see...
btw what dev say if some time the users ask about game update?

ahhh i see :( that's sad even though the game seems great
This is not exactly right.
Last bleep from Sloth was that something had happend in their personal life. That was at the early times of the pandemic, when a lot of people were still not considering it to be "a real thing". They stayed very vague (which is their prerogative, given that it's their personal life), but the way it was said made it feel like it was something serious.

So while it's partly accurate, they didn't just fuck off without a word for no reason. There's very much a reason, but one we have no claim over knowing (which is perfectly fine).
We can only hope Sloth is fine or things getting better with time. And wish them the best.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Last bleep from Sloth was that something had happend in their personal life. That was at the early times of the pandemic, when a lot of people were still not considering it to be "a real thing". They stayed very vague (which is their prerogative, given that it's their personal life), but the way it was said made it feel like it was something serious.

So while it's partly accurate, they didn't just fuck off without a word for no reason. There's very much a reason, but one we have no claim over knowing (which is perfectly fine).
We can only hope Sloth is fine or things getting better with time. And wish them the best.
I agree with your final paragraph.

Although, instead of pitching your take on the situation, you should simply link to Sloth's final post. You are making assumptions and connections which may or may not be the case. People can read it for themselves without your interpretation or mine or anyone else's. They can also search the thread for all posts by FilthySloth to see what they had said prior about life (not much) and the game (tech support and thanks) in the thread.

1686449674845.png
1686449837002.png

Also, I did check the day of my previous post on here (June 2) and saw Sloth's account had logged on that day. When the post before yours pinged my notifications yesterday, I checked that day and found Sloth's account hadn't logged in since June 2. Then when your post pinged my notifications, I checked again and Sloth's account logged today.

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
I agree with your final paragraph.

Although, instead of pitching your take on the situation, you should simply link to Sloth's final post. You are making assumptions and connections which may or may not be the case. People can read it for themselves without your interpretation or mine or anyone else's. They can also search the thread for all posts by FilthySloth to see what they had said prior about life (not much) and the game (tech support and thanks) in the thread.

View attachment 2689164
View attachment 2689166

Also, I did check the day of my previous post on here (June 2) and saw Sloth's account had logged on that day. When the post before yours pinged my notifications yesterday, I checked that day and found Sloth's account hadn't logged in since June 2. Then when your post pinged my notifications, I checked again and Sloth's account logged today.
I failed to find it again but my account of the situation came from someone else saying Sloth gave a barely clearler explaination in some other way. So yeah it's like, third degree information, but heh.

And it's not like the game was supposed to be a huge project anyway. Sloth had been forward about it being a learning tool more than a solid project, if memory serves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Count Morado
Jan 17, 2021
Johnny --- Papa went for cigarettes more than 8 months ago. You might want to stop staring at the front door all day. Papa was a rolling stone ...
any time i get notifications for this thread i think about this post in particular and giggle a little, but only because i'm still watching the thread so i guess i'm johnny staring at the front door.
the game was funny and well-done, the characters were interesting, and the art was original and looked good. sloth always said this was a passion project and learning tool, so i've never felt entitled to know why he dropped the game. i'd be happy if he came back to it some day but i'm not actually holding out hope for that. i hope he's well, and continuing to make games if that's what he wants to do.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017

so i short...
they just gone? :(

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
so i short...
they just gone? :(
At least they aren't reacting anymore. Since their account still logs in, I guess they went into lurking and enjoying some games. Maybe they look at this thread from time to time, maybe not at all, who's to say.
Either way, we won't get any more info unless they decide to provide us with any, not do we have the right to demand for it.
All we can do is hope they're doing okay and wait to see if there's going to be any bleep.

i would not be surprised to learn sloth has been harassed by worthless people.
Heh, I doubt it. Their game wasn't huge enough to attract hordes of morons, nor did it contain the type of content that usually attracts them (for example, the NTR crowd seem to have a tendency to breed the most assholishly unhinged people).
Life just took a turn and they put it first, which is perfectly normal.

hazurasu

Sep 29, 2017
At least they aren't reacting anymore. Since their account still logs in, I guess they went into lurking and enjoying some games. Maybe they look at this thread from time to time, maybe not at all, who's to say.
Either way, we won't get any more info unless they decide to provide us with any, not do we have the right to demand for it.
All we can do is hope they're doing okay and wait to see if there's going to be any bleep.

Heh, I doubt it. Their game wasn't huge enough to attract hordes of morons, nor did it contain the type of content that usually attracts them (for example, the NTR crowd seem to have a tendency to breed the most assholishly unhinged people).
Life just took a turn and they put it first, which is perfectly normal.
i see... so it's done now with this game

finally RIP XD

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
That wouldn't make sense since none of the characters violate rule 7.
I don't think they meant in regard to the site - but perhaps something in real life and similar content. Either way, based upon the regularity of the developer's account logging in to view various threads on this site - it's unlikely.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
can only be user harassment, but they stated something critical came up and have been radiosilent ever since
Dev didn't say critical. Here's his exact post:

I know I'm sounding pedantic - but this is partly how the misunderstanding got out of hand a year ago. It's best to just quote the actual post (which could be found by searching for posts by FlithySloth in this thread).

Rutonat

Sep 28, 2020
wouldnt surprise me if something happened because of the loli tag
If I recall it was more Sloth was doing it as passion project. He always said that he may have to put it on the back burner as a result of real life.
I don't think they meant in regard to the site - but perhaps something in real life and similar content. Either way, based upon the regularity of the developer's account logging in to view various threads on this site - it's unlikely.
Exactly.

Sloth has been forward about this game being not only a passion project, but a learning tool. He warned he was possibly never goign to fully finish it.
He also mentionned big personal issues somewhere, apaprently, and has stopped working on the game -and giving signs of life- a bit after that.
We've had no info since, aside from his account logging in.

Edit : didn't pay attention there was another page. Ho well, fuck it.

• Haha
Reactions: Gerardo Nardo

Weimn

Nov 10, 2018
Finding a game with abandoned tag that looks promising has the same vibe of like seeing a pretty girl that you'd probably dated on a restored video from 1900-ish. The dev is probably long time forgot about the game and now does something completely different, and the girl on the video is already buried in the ground.
*Sigh*

Last edited:
4.70 star(s) 59 Votes