spyfoxjm

Nov 1, 2018
I did see a guy say he was having issues somewhere (could have even been here, I don't remember) - but I don't really know anything about JoiPlay so I can't say much about it.
I had to delete half the stuff off my phone to barely clear up just enough room to install the android version.

Hopefully the next version doesn't have any issues with JoiPlay.

I really like this story.

Unfortunately, this is the only device I have, and I have to put everything on my SD card because that's the only place I have enough storage.
JoiPlay is my only means of running Renpy games off my SD card, so if JoiPlay doesn't work then I'm pretty much out of luck.

toyohew900

Dec 12, 2020
I personally fall into the camp that I don't like Rachel. Every other love interest has something about their personality that appeals to me or that I can see working in a relationship. To this point, her defining characteristic is that she's an annoying feminist. I can see the appeal of dominating a girl like Rachel, but I can't see myself actually liking her as a person unless her personality does a complete 180. At that point, she would be a completely different character.

To better articulate my point, for every other main girl, it mostly came down to getting to know them better to make me really like them. I feel like that doesn't really work for Rachel. She would have to change completely as a person to be even a little more likable. To be fair, I guess my feelings are pretty much the same as how the MC feels about Rachel, which makes me think that I'm supposed to feel that way about her right now. I trust Cosy to eventually lead it somewhere satisfying, but for now, those are my feelings.
She makes me a bit uncomfortable. All of the other characters are so nuanced, and Rachel is a caricature. People like her exist (and are deranged), but I've only ever seen them on Twitter. I want to share the game with my wife, but Rachel's depiction would not go over well.

Rachel gives an early impression that Cosy Cafe is really cringe and sexist, but the rest of the writing overall is really nuanced and respects women, consent, and all of the most important parts of feminism. Cosy Creator has already shown an aptitude multiple times for writing an unbearable, shallow character and then flipping them on us to create beautiful nuance. This happened with Victoria, Sarah, and Catherine so far, so I have no doubt it will happen with Rachel too.

This is my favorite VN, and it's totally normal for a writer to add something unpleasant for a future payoff, so I'm not worried about how I'll view Rachel in the end.

rebel836

May 15, 2018
She makes me a bit uncomfortable. All of the other characters are so nuanced, and Rachel is a caricature. People like her exist (and are deranged), but I've only ever seen them on Twitter. I want to share the game with my wife, but Rachel's depiction would not go over well.

Rachel gives an early impression that Cosy Cafe is really cringe and sexist, but the rest of the writing overall is really nuanced and respects women, consent, and all of the most important parts of feminism. Cosy Creator has already shown an aptitude multiple times for writing an unbearable, shallow character and then flipping them on us to create beautiful nuance. This happened with Victoria, Sarah, and Catherine so far, so I have no doubt it will happen with Rachel too.

This is my favorite VN, and it's totally normal for a writer to add something unpleasant for a future payoff, so I'm not worried about how I'll view Rachel in the end.
I'd like to believe that if I showed my partner the game, she would also understand that characters are written for a reason, and that they are an extension of the story, not of the author themselves. Surely your wife would understand this as well, should you explain it to her.

That being said, I haven't really shown my partner any of the games I've played before, but if i did, it would probably be something different than CC. This game is a comfort game for me. It allows me to just lose myself in the fantasy of being surrounded by devoted, beautiful women, and not something that provokes much deeper thinking. My partner is a therapist so I'd be much more inclined to show her games that venture into different aspects of human nature, such as mental health. Most of the games I play are centered around a male protagonist and don't often cater to women, but at least something like that would appeal to her on a different level. Cosy Cafe is more my "safe space" lol and something I keep for me.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I want to share the game with my wife, but Rachel's depiction would not go over well.
Couldnt you just tell your wife that there is a character in the story that is a caricature of a deranged feminist, but the rest of the game is really good?
"Rachel gives an early impression that Cosy Cafe is really cringe and sexist" I can see the cringe part, she is basically a 2016 sjw compilation character, but I don't understand the sexist part.

rebel836

May 15, 2018
"Rachel gives an early impression that Cosy Cafe is really cringe and sexist" I can see the cringe part, she is basically a 2016 sjw compilation character, but I don't understand the sexist part.
It can seem sexist in a roundabout way when authors write female characters as stereotypes. It can make it appear as though the author has an agenda and thinks that women act a certain way, because of a stereotype, and want to denigrate them through their writing.

Not saying that this is what they mean by it but it does happen

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024

or you could just stand straight and tell your wife that feminism is bullshit and that you are still waiting for your sandwich :sneaky:

280.jpg

maybe don't bring up such intimate things on a public forum. unless you are fine with people talking about it

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
So just curious, how far do I have to go, what was the last day number of the update?
I really am enjoying this so much, although the whole suddenly got 3 girlfriends and its all super ok is a bit odd, felt rushed.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
So just curious, how far do I have to go, what was the last day number of the update?
I really am enjoying this so much, although the whole suddenly got 3 girlfriends and its all super ok is a bit odd, felt rushed.
latest update was the pool day not sure which day number it is

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
End of day 23 is where the update ends.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020

Many stories have characters who seem to be villains but then, with good story telling, morph into someone who was far more complex - perhaps someone who took on the burden of being the bad guy/girl to protect others, or someone abandoned by her father and raised by an angry, twisted woman who teaches her that All males are the root of evil in the world...

We don't understand Rachel's origin - why is she 'who' she is, nor do we know who she is outside of school, for example.

Rachel, IMO, has a deeper pit to climb out of than Catherine But Cosy does a good job with his storytelling, and that pit may be easier for Rachel to climb out of than I currently give her credit for.

If you are uncertain about how your wife would perceive Cosy Cafe as a creation due to the portrayal of Rachel up to this point in time - why not wait until her story becomes clearer and we see Rachel evolve and grow a bit?

Perhaps a few more releases will show enough of 'why' Rachel is the way she is and some level of regret as she grows as a human being.

This could be enough to then consider sharing this fine AVN with your wife.

Stories of redemption are not uncommon across literature, and I believe the same is possible for Rachel, we just do not know the specifics yet.

Cheers!! :coffee:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017

Here is the thing I will say. While she may make you a bit uncomfortable, every girl has baggage to unpack. Some are more complex than others to unpack. Rachael is no different than Akatsuki per se. Both have something behind the scene going on, the story progresses and the girl's story unfolds, and resolves, and then they come to love the MC. Really the only difference between Akatsuki (or Sarah or Lucy or ...) is that they are not a horrible person to the MC before the MC starts working on them. In fact Akatsuki likes being a cat girl, while Rachael right now has no feelings for the MC besides being a voyeur. That is the only connection to the MC and her total distaste/distrust for men, which makes her more fascinated with him. If Rachael was saying "No Patriarchy" in public but "Yes Master" in private, everyone would like her at this point.

cast188x

Nov 17, 2017
Based.
If anything i hope shes bottom of the barrel on the power structure, errand girl/plaything at best.
Shes at the bottom right now and i wish it only gets worse for her till she makes it better, all by herself, dont want mc giving her a chance like he did with Catherine, however im sure Lucy is going to find a way to make the mc think about her anyway, shes too good for this world.
If you really think about it, Lucy is the real MC, she keeps convincing the MC to add more servants.

fraazx

Feb 6, 2018
Many stories have characters who seem to be villains but then, with good story telling, morph into someone who was far more complex - perhaps someone who took on the burden of being the bad guy/girl to protect others, or someone abandoned by her father and raised by an angry, twisted woman who teaches her that All males are the root of evil in the world...

We don't understand Rachel's origin - why is she 'who' she is, nor do we know who she is outside of school, for example.

Rachel, IMO, has a deeper pit to climb out of than Catherine But Cosy does a good job with his storytelling, and that pit may be easier for Rachel to climb out of than I currently give her credit for.

If you are uncertain about how your wife would perceive Cosy Cafe as a creation due to the portrayal of Rachel up to this point in time - why not wait until her story becomes clearer and we see Rachel evolve and grow a bit?

Perhaps a few more releases will show enough of 'why' Rachel is the way she is and some level of regret as she grows as a human being.

This could be enough to then consider sharing this fine AVN with your wife.

Stories of redemption are not uncommon across literature, and I believe the same is possible for Rachel, we just do not know the specifics yet.

Cheers!! :coffee:
Here is the thing I will say. While she may make you a bit uncomfortable, every girl has baggage to unpack. Some are more complex than others to unpack. Rachael is no different than Akatsuki per se. Both have something behind the scene going on, the story progresses and the girl's story unfolds, and resolves, and then they come to love the MC. Really the only difference between Akatsuki (or Sarah or Lucy or ...) is that they are not a horrible person to the MC before the MC starts working on them. In fact Akatsuki likes being a cat girl, while Rachael right now has no feelings for the MC besides being a voyeur. That is the only connection to the MC and her total distaste/distrust for men, which makes her more fascinated with him. If Rachael was saying "No Patriarchy" in public but "Yes Master" in private, everyone would like her at this point.
Welp, look, I've read and listened to lots of stories with this kind of situation alone (I'm talking about a good 100,000 at least), antagonist Waifu turned out to be good, she repented, helped behind the scenes, etc etc etc, so I can predict this kind of stuff fairly well, believe it or not, and it does get boring predicting stuff.

With that being said, for Rachel, there is just something about her that really rubs me the wrong way. Objectively, she's not the worst I've seen, both physically and personality, and hell I even liked some of the worst by plot twists, but something inside of me really doesn't like her and no one can convince me otherwise except for the game dev.

Oh, and mordred, that's a lot of assumptions right there on Rachel while for Pax, your words really gives off trying to guilt tripping into giving Rachel a chance instead of her earning it.

This isn't a flame or toxic towards the dev BTW, just me giving my thoughts as a fan and writer myself

Reactions: Randomguy3478

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
OK, I admit I am still early in the game, but where is the logic, toxic feminity is a cunt and hated, and ginger gnome is a cunt and loved.

Reactions: Randomguy3478
4.70 star(s) 157 Votes