kazeiheikaya

Apr 1, 2024
I'm betting there's no dark backstory for Rachel. I think she just fantasizes about rape and feels ashamed about it and her personality is her way of overcompensating way too hard in the opposite direction. I could be wrong but right now that's my read on her. Her purpose is probably to explore the consensual noncon aspects of BDSM.
I think you'd be right in a way, Rachel just comes off as that type of character thats super feminazi because they either A) just really hate men or B) they havent had good experiences with men. Granted she hasn't shown any real lesbian vibes I would imagine in a "backstory sense" that she just wasn't very appealing to men, and she never really found a way into circles with men due to being a nerdy-esq teachers pet. So instead of figuring out her own issues she externalized her issues towards unsuspecting people that really had no reason to be part of it. But because of that, she craves that raw desire from a man, and likely just really wants to be manhandled and disrespected. (evident of MC and her's back and forths where MC constantly has her probing his life, catching him in awkward situations, but is so desperate for him to constantly give her some form of attention.) Kind of like the sub antagonist type that just really gets under a persons skin because they want to them to lash out and feed into their sub-play.

ngl might have a little interpretation bias with rl experience cause i've met people like this that were raging nut jobs but ended up being absolute freaks in private lol.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
I don't think there's going to be some dark backstory with Rachel. It's too much of a cliche for her type of character and I don't feel it would fit with Cosy's style, though what do I know.

Rachel as either the Free Use or CNC partner would be another good one, with or without Stepford Wife which only pretty much fits with the Free Use. But since Victoria is already pretty much free use anyway being a slave and all I'd bet more on the CNC side with Rachel since she clearly gives off more primal vibes with her fantasies. My only gripe with that would be that I personally prefer CNC for a little taller and bustier women, but that's a small gripe at best.

Now that I think about it Alison would be pretty much the perfect Free Use target with her more public job and business like demeanor. Would make skipping classes more interesting... especially after Rachel is somewhat tamed and she could walk in suddenly.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020

Just now

Hey guys, it's dev log time again!

First of all I want to start by welcoming all of the new supporters that have joined since the release of 0.9, the reaction to which has been particularly positive, so thank you all for the amazing feedback!

Now, on to the dev log:

Those of you that have been around for a while will probably have noticed a pattern emerge, where I release a 0.0.1 patch for the public version, which usually includes quality of life updates such as work on the user interface, or improvements to older content. Well I've decided not to do that this time, so that instead of working on a 0.9.1 I can leap right into working on 0.10, as I'm going to need all of the time I can get to put it out in a reasonable time-frame. There are a couple of reasons for this:

First, I'm breaking another pattern, the one where I alternate between single day and double day updates - 0.10 is going to be another double day update just like 0.9 was, and it's also going to be extremely long, if the work I've done so far is anything to go by - I've got all of the scenes plotted out, and written about 9k words which only takes us about 60% through the first day. To be honest, it may end up being too long for a single update, but I'll cross that bridge if I come to it, as I really like all of the scenes I have planned out and I don't really want to chop it up.

The second reason I'm gonna need plenty of time to work on 0.10 is a technical one regarding the Android version of the game. Android apps begin to get a little iffy when you go above 2GB, and there's a hard limit somewhere around 2.5GB, which the game is now approaching. There are various ways to get around this, but aside from dropping Android completely as some other devs do, they're all going to take a little time to figure out, and probably a reasonable amount of coding work behind the scenes.

The solution I'm leaning towards at the moment is a new feature recently introduced to ren'py (the engine that the game is made in), that allows the user to download a small 100ish MB app first, which will then download all of the assets separately from an external server. But again, this could take me a week or two to figure out, test, and then set up hosting for it. If that turns out to be too much work every update, the alternative would be splitting the android version into multiple parts, but again, that would be a lot of additional work every update.

So that's where I'm at right now, with the scenes planned out I'm looking to get the writing for 0.10 finished next weekend, at which point I'll move into the rendering phase. The next dev log will be in a couple of weeks as usual, but to be honest I'm very uncertain of a release date at the moment because of the above issues - when I say that I think this update could be a long one, I mean really long compared to the previous ones! I don't want to diverge from my usual 2 month release schedule too drastically, so for now I'll just get to work and see what happens.
As always, thank you all for your support, I really appreciate it!

- Cosy Creator

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Still, you assume there's going to be like a dark backstory about Rachel (as long as it hasn't happened yet, it's still assumption since there is a chance of being changed), Akatsuki and Rachel are similar to each other when the only similarity is that they were/are hiding something, and like you said, if people would like her more if she was nicer to the MC in private. But welp, you are entitled to your own opinion, just like mine and how I saw yours
Didn't say dark back story - just a back story which will explain her behavior. That is how the story goes. If it is flimsy when explained (ie, the dev doesn't give a good back story when they delve deeper into her story) then yeah - she can be left by the wayside.

Reactions: fraazx

kazeiheikaya

Apr 1, 2024
you characterized the average western wife lol
Average western wife actually has a rape fantasy. It at one point was 52% of women had that fantasy lol. But I think its more western women being more masculine ("Strong, independent, etc") by nature of the culture shift that creates the lash out rather than a sub-ploy.

the guy rachel simps for

View attachment 3698604
Ahh a good ol classic, i appreciate that one. Been a long time since I've seen that vid lol.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Randomguy3478

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
I actually came for the Harem and am staying for the story... And the harem. :cool:

As much as I appreciate the TED talk on modern feminism, I'd rather focus on just how Mean Lucy can be:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lucy Rocks! :love:

Cheers!! :coffee:
quite funny. but still prefer lucy to stay gentle, meek, and lovely. cruelty in girls is a huge turn off

rebel836

May 15, 2018
quite funny. but still prefer lucy to stay gentle, meek, and lovely. cruelty in girls is a huge turn off
I dunno if I would go so far as to say it's "cruel." More like Lucy is finally starting to gain a sense of confidence and self respect. If anything, a girl that is confident, witty, and willing to stand up to others but still submits to you just makes it that much more impactful.

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
I dunno if I would go so far as to say it's "cruel." More like Lucy is finally starting to gain a sense of confidence and self respect. If anything, a girl that is confident, witty, and willing to stand up to others but still submits to you just makes it that much more impactful.
you are right, its nowhere near cruel. but its the second time lucy shows considerable anger towards rachel. I prefer the ancient confidence of women, where they showed strength by restraining their anger, remaining silent, and staying gentle - even when confronted with hostility. always letting the husband decide how to handle the situation. don't like witty at all, but your taste is probably much more common today than mine.

my cruel comment was triggered by victorias words in the last CG, btw

rebel836

May 15, 2018
you are right, its nowhere near cruel. but its the second time lucy shows considerable anger towards rachel. I prefer the ancient confidence of women, where they showed strength by restraining their anger, remaining silent, and staying gentle - even when confronted with hostility. always letting the husband decide how to handle the situation. don't like witty at all, but your taste is probably much more common today than mine.

my cruel comment was triggered by victorias words in the last CG, btw
Stoicism certainly has its own appeal as well. I lean more towards a "time and place" approach myself.

And fair enough, of course Victoria would think so lol

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
Stoicism certainly has its own appeal as well. I lean more towards a "time and place" approach myself.

And fair enough, of course Victoria would think so lol
kinda the pure-hearted-farmer-daughter-becoming-young-queen trope. keeping a heart of gold and giving alms to the poor lol

Randomguy3478

Jan 14, 2024
Not to mention hopelessly addicted to your cock so the concept of being denied it is cruelty incarnate. Hard to have a problem with that lol
it makes for funny moments in games kek, but I honestly dislike it. makes me feel similarly to being a wallet. just a good dildo in this case lol. getting used for sexual pleasure. girls craving sex too much for the pleasure it brings them disgusts me. proof of corrupted mind lol. feels almost like being together with a F95zone member reincarnated in a hot girls' body :KEK:
prefer if they like sex because they want to please you and be close to you. basically like lucy here

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I like this part of the story as it shows everyone that Lucy values her guy and his time.

I took this comment as Lucy saying that Rachel does not deserve Any action from the MC's cock And she does not deserve any of the time he might take to punish/dominate her with that cock.

His time has value, and it is better spent with the women who care about him.

The other part of this mini scene is that Sarah and Hannah, who both know Lucy pretty well, see how Lucy has changed and that she is not the quiet wall flower that she once was.

Lucy is in a relationship with the MC, who supports and encourages her as well as being part of a larger group of women who look out for each other.

This makes the MC and his harem even more appealing to the women who currently stand outside of that harem.

We also get an unusual agreement from Sarah:

This is an unexpected degree of solidarity between Sarah and Victoria regarding the MC's decision to let Rachel go without any concrete punishment, and something I would like to see more of.

One of the important aspects of this harem is, IMO, not just how they treat the MC but how the women act towards each other and how they support each other.

I'm looking forward to the times when Victoria intercedes to protect Sarah or Sarah intercedes on Victoria's behalf and tells someone that they had best stop or they will be on the shitlist for Two founding families...

These are the kind of moments that bind the women to each other.

I think Cosy is doing a great job quietly showcasing the way the women support not just the MC (they all came running as soon as he shouted for them - something he almost never does so they knew it was important) but how they also stand together.

This image from the end of the rev, where all the women and the MC are eating together and celebrating a great weekend of work, is special because it is the image of a larger 'family' that is being built by all the people at that table - even if some, like Catherine, have not seen it yet.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

OptimusCrime

May 26, 2022
Randomly stumbled across this gem the other day. Victorias an instant fave but all the gals are amazing except Rachel of course. I dunno why people feel so strongly against other certain girls like Sarah and the like. They’re just like that because their life has made them defensive of course they’re not gonna be like Lucy who literally breaks into your newly acquired home to become your gf rofl

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Randomly stumbled across this gem the other day. Victorias an instant fave but all the gals are amazing except Rachel of course. I dunno why people feel so strongly against other certain girls like Sarah and the like. They’re just like that because their life has made them defensive of course they’re not gonna be like Lucy who literally breaks into your newly acquired home to become your gf rofl
We are supposed to be the master, and having Sarah constantly calling us idiot all the time undercuts our authority, not to mention it is disrespectful to us, and makes us look weak letting her constantly be rude to our slave Vicky.

I understand some of you guys like this baka weeb stuff, and fine if you do, but it does NOT work when the male is supposed to be a MASTER, it just completely undercuts it, even being a more nicer master like we are in this game, it still makes us seem weak and inept, and the reality is, a lot of submissive/slave girls would not tolerate a master who lets other girls make him look weak.

Reactions: Randomguy3478

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
We are supposed to be the master, and having Sarah constantly calling us idiot all the time undercuts our authority, not to mention it is disrespectful to us, and makes us look weak letting her constantly be rude to our slave Vicky.

I understand some of you guys like this baka weeb stuff, and fine if you do, but it does NOT work when the male is supposed to be a MASTER, it just completely undercuts it, even being a more nicer master like we are in this game, it still makes us seem weak and inept, and the reality is, a lot of submissive/slave girls would not tolerate a master who lets other girls make him look weak.
53jxiw (1).gif
...is just bants......no need to be this angy.....

OptimusCrime

May 26, 2022
What? I think you’re taking it too deeply this whole master/slave dynamic. They’re 18-19 year olds having fun and it’s about their kinks like bdsm. They’re friends and lovers this isn’t a 1400s Sultans actual harem. It’s a feel good, funny story of friends and lovers coming together to achieve a dream.

4.70 star(s) 157 Votes