Jun 4, 2022
Marathon-ed this game for my first ever play through and it's amazing. The only* thing I wish was different was the inclusion of Safe Words, slave play is still play. No, I don't think MC would actually deliberately push too far with Victoria, and yes she has said she'll always say yes and never say no, but she really deserves a "no" for when and if she ever actually needs one.

I love how close all the girls in the harem get, this is what I love about good harem games. Good harem games, to me, have the harem become a family. And that's what's happening here.

I do find the MC complaining about marriage and engagements kinda funny considering how Collaring someone in BDSM circles IS the equivalent of marriage. Collars are kinda like wedding rings in that regard, not just a type of necklace. And MC and his girls do pretty much use their collars like that, they use them as points of pride and to show they belong to him. Lucy being out for blood when her collar was insulted in very in keeping with that. So despite all his complaints to the contrary, MC already has three wives, and a ring already bought for his forth. Would love to have all this pointed out to MC ingame and see his and his girls reactions to this. Victoria and Kitty would be smug as hell, it'd be adorable

*I do really wish some of the girls had hairy pussys, Sarah and the other gorgeous red heads especially, but asking for hairy pussy seems to be like asking devs to do the impossible
I think that's partially what makes this, up to this point, a well written story and cast. For MC's apparent domineering personality, he doesn't push things with his girls (take victoria being hounded by the girls on the train, at first he thought of staying out of it, but did eventually get involved when the sides got stuck arguing).

The other thing to take into account is they're all still very young and inexperienced. That tells us to expect a degree of overconfidence at times, as well as a lack of understanding concepts from time to time. But that shows areas for character growth, which (IMO) is vital for a good story that makes others want to see what happens next.

It will be interesting to see how MC reacts when someone makes the connection of the collars to marriage (my guess would be allison points it out) but again, that's something to look forward to

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
Marathon-ed this game for my first ever play through and it's amazing. The only* thing I wish was different was the inclusion of Safe Words, slave play is still play. No, I don't think MC would actually deliberately push too far with Victoria, and yes she has said she'll always say yes and never say no, but she really deserves a "no" for when and if she ever actually needs one.

*I do really wish some of the girls had hairy pussys, Sarah and the other gorgeous red heads especially, but asking for hairy pussy seems to be like asking devs to do the impossible
This is an interesting subject. In real life, with slaves (as opposed to submissives or bottoms) I do not use safewords except during rape play. If I'm using a percussion instrument on someone, "Red!" doesn't mean anything; "I'm getting a cramp," or, "that's too painful to be fun," is information I can use to make a decision, while still leaving the power in my hands. In practice, it's never comes up because I try to pay enough attention to what I'm doing not to cross any boundaries, and it's been working so far. But in theory, I'm not willing to give up that degree of power.

Of course, my way of doing things isn't "right" or "the best." Each couple (or threesome, or polycule, or what-have-you) needs to define its own way of doing things. I'm glad you brought it up, because there's a lot of meat on those bones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Randomguy3478

rebel836

May 15, 2018
This is an interesting subject. In real life, with slaves (as opposed to submissives or bottoms) I do not use safewords except during rape play. If I'm using a percussion instrument on someone, "Red!" doesn't mean anything; "I'm getting a cramp," or, "that's too painful to be fun," is information I can use to make a decision, while still leaving the power in my hands. In practice, it's never comes up because I try to pay enough attention to what I'm doing not to cross any boundaries, and it's been working so far. But in theory, I'm not willing to give up that degree of power.

Of course, my way of doing things isn't "right" or "the best." Each couple (or threesome, or polycule, or what-have-you) needs to define it's own way of doing things. I'm glad you brought it up, because there's a lot of meat on those bones.
There's a large stigma around the subject of safe words in the community, and largely for good reason. I always use them myself because it's how I've always done things, even if they're rarely, if ever, needed. That being said, the important part is the open line of communication between top and bottom. Whether that communication is verbal safewords, nonverbal safewords, or trust regarding body language and experience reading it, comes down to the agreement between those involved.

Long story short, as long as steps are taken to mitigate potential risks and having proper knowledge, you don't necessarily NEED safewords. You'll just get a lot of weird looks from people when you say you don't use them lol.

Last edited:

thekkiller

May 11, 2018
im in day 14 and i like this game but i really dont like how every time the mc interacts with the girls, is some kind of sex talk like with victoria, every time they have a conversation its slave something something slave, same with the other girls and their specific kink i wish they could have one conversation without going sex talking

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022

I love how close all the girls in the harem get, this is what I love about good harem games. Good harem games, to me, have the harem become a family. And that's what's happening here.

I do find the MC complaining about marriage and engagements kinda funny considering how Collaring someone in BDSM circles IS the equivalent of marriage. Collars are kinda like wedding rings in that regard, not just a type of necklace. And MC and his girls do pretty much use their collars like that, they use them as points of pride and to show they belong to him. Lucy being out for blood when her collar was insulted in very in keeping with that. So despite all his complaints to the contrary, MC already has three wives, and a ring already bought for his forth. Would love to have all this pointed out to MC ingame and see his and his girls reactions to this. Victoria and Kitty would be smug as hell, it'd be adorable

I've written the safeword conversation with Victoria a couple of times in updates, but scrapped it both times before rendering. In real life safewords are often necessary for obvious reasons, but I feel like including bdsm community influence into their relationship cheapens it somehow. It makes the bdsm feel less like a naturally developing dynamic between the MC and the LI, and instead like they're just playing a bit designed by someone else.

Having said that, there is a certain character that will definitely get a safeword in the future.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I've written the safeword conversation with Victoria a couple of times in updates, but scrapped it both times before rendering. In real life safewords are often necessary for obvious reasons, but I feel like including bdsm community influence into their relationship cheapens it somehow. It makes the bdsm feel less like a naturally developing dynamic between the MC and the LI, and instead like they're just playing a bit designed by someone else.

Having said that, there is a certain character that will definitely get a safeword in the future.
Honestly that just make things between them sound dangerously childish and naive for what they're doing if they need to stay special little flowers in their naturally developing bdsm. Not saying that's the case, just how it sounds from what you've just said. "we're not like other bdsm couples"

Having a later harem member need and get a safeword in the future just makes the lack of one between MC and Victoria even weirder, like MC at the point knows what they are and why they're needed, but still refuses to have one with one of his other girls. Just feels really scummy. I just feel the more you're going to push with a partner the more safety there needs to be in the background, like with Lucy MC doesn't push very far because that not their dynamic and because of that a no is a no and the slightest hesitation is recognized.

I guess I'd just feel better if the safety of Victoria was just explored more in the text like it has been with Lucy. Lucy has been told she can always say no and will never be forced to do something she's not comfortable with, see Victoria and MC flesh out their own system and boundaries hard limits etc would be reassuring. Just don't want the slave to overshadow the girlfriend. It hasn't so far, though MC has at times pondered the "audacity" of his slave girlfriend for doing certain things, and I'd just like that not to devolve too far.

I guess I feel I should also ask if the excluding of bdsm community influence into their relationship also extends to the Collaring as equivalent of marriage? Like are the collars purely coincidental, like yea they're important inside the harem, but outside the harem itself they have zero greater meaning? As I said, MC and his girls do already effectively use them like they're wedding rings and it'd be nice to see that acknowledged in one way or another, ideally as I've said fully.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I like Cosy Cafe very much. The beginning more so than a few of the recent developments, though, which could be summarized by 'more modern behaviour.'

The things I commented on are minor things which I prefered different, thats no problem. Its just exchanging views more than anything else. The game is still really nice. Doesn't have to mean that we have to love everything.

What I like most about the game are specifically the old gender roles and the more traditional girls. There are no other games available that have that, to my knowledge. So if this changes its not to my liking. Most here enjoy many other games, with modern values. Of course they also like these things if they appear here. I don't.

Regarding Sarah I commented above.

The idea that a guy who tells a girl to stop the disrespect is insecure makes no sense. That smells heavily of these modern twisted ideas. Women are strong, men are weak, females should lead, men should rear children.

I think people tend to overestimate womens contributions:

The restaurant with its huge finacial worth (for such young kids) is solely MC. He cooks, organizes everything, makes the book keeping, provides free lodging to X girls, pays them for their waitress job, feeds them free of charge, attracted all the girls in the first place because of his incredible character, deals with the founding family fallout, deals with the adversaries like rachel/brian/etc., saved X girls from heavy fates. He shoulders all the responsibility for everyone. Including losing their home.

Akatsuki disappeared just like that for while, Cafe would be over if MC did something like that. A bit of maid costumes and ads he could have gotten for a few bucks.

So yeah, I think MC pulls the weight here. The girls help a bit, while getting more in return.

Romantically everyone benefits.

But I'm used to facing passive aggressive replies for not going along with current world agenda in regards to getting girls fit for economic harvesting. Making them more and more like men. Its fine. Hope you have a nice day regardless.
Here are two direct quoted form your post above.

This seems to say that discussion is fine -

The things I commented on are minor things which I prefered different, thats no problem. Its just exchanging views more than anything else.

While you close with this, which more than hints that those who disagree with you - 'we're just exchanging views about minor things... that's no problem' - are giving you passive aggressive replies -

But I'm used to facing passive aggressive replies for not going along with current world agenda in regards to getting girls fit for economic harvesting. Making them more and more like men. Its fine. Hope you have a nice day regardless.

If 'exchanging views about minor things' and agreeing to disagree with you/explaining why = passive aggressive replies, then there is no meaningful discussion.

There is only your monologue and the dismissal of the POV of others as passive aggressive if they are not in line with said monologue.

Finally, I don't think the Cosy Cafe thread is the right forum to lament the changes in gender roles that have occurred since women got the right to vote - but that's me...

Cheers!! :coffee:

Wolfbeckett

Jul 25, 2020

Of course, my way of doing things isn't "right" or "the best." Each couple (or threesome, or polycule, or what-have-you) needs to define it's own way of doing things. I'm glad you brought it up, because there's a lot of meat on those bones.
Yeah I really don't think it's necessary unless you're doing CNC stuff. Any type of play that doesn't involve the woman pretending she doesn't like things that she actually does like already has built in safe words. Words like "stop" or "I don't like that" or "that's uncomfortable for me". No need for dedicated words if the English language is already full of them. Someone mentioned Victoria and this is the position she is in. She has said she'll never tell the MC no but he has also made it clear to her that if she DOES do that he will respect what she wants. So, the ball is in her court, if he ever does anything she really doesn't like she can say "no" and he will stop. That's her safe word.

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
I'll repeat what I've said before: I love an AVN that's so well written that it generates these kinds of discussions.

On the subject itself: I think there are those who long to return to a time that never existed, when women "knew their place" and were genuinely happy there. One the one hand, AVNs can be a lovely way to enjoy that fantasy; on the other, injecting a certain level of realism (such as making the love interests act like real human beings) can increase the immersion.

Meanwhile, please pass the popcorn.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
Honestly that just make things between them sound dangerously childish and naive for what they're doing if they need to stay special little flowers in their naturally developing bdsm. Not saying that's the case, just how it sounds from what you've just said. "we're not like other bdsm couples"
They are teenagers with no prior experience of doing this, of course its gonna seem childish. They are definitely not a "bdsm couple" at least to them they aren't, they are just a couple, and their relationship is developing as they go, that is (I think) the point Cosy was trying to make.
Having a later harem member need and get a safeword in the future just makes the lack of one between MC and Victoria even weirder, like MC at the point knows what they are and why they're needed, but still refuses to have one with one of his other girls. Just feels really scummy. I just feel the more you're going to push with a partner the more safety there needs to be in the background, like with Lucy MC doesn't push very far because that not their dynamic and because of that a no is a no and the slightest hesitation is recognized.
I am gonna go out on a limb and say that the character who will get a safe word will be Rachel. Her needing one makes sense, because of the fetish people think she has. But I could honestly see Victoria being offended that the MC would give her a safe word, like its showing that he doesn't have complete faith in her to satisfy his every whim. This is to an extent how Victoria has been characterized up to this point, she literally tells the MC that she would never say no, not because she has no limits, but because her competitive streak causes her to want to rise to any challenge.
He also told Sarah that she can say no, and Akatsuki.
I guess I'd just feel better if the safety of Victoria was just explored more in the text like it has been with Lucy. Lucy has been told she can always say no and will never be forced to do something she's not comfortable with, see Victoria and MC flesh out their own system and boundaries hard limits etc would be reassuring. Just don't want the slave to overshadow the girlfriend. It hasn't so far, though MC has at times pondered the "audacity" of his slave girlfriend for doing certain things, and I'd just like that not to devolve too far.
I think Victoria is plenty safe in MCs hands, it doesn't really need to be discussed. with Lucy the fear was that she was so meek, and afraid of losing the MC, that she would say yes to anything just to make him happy. That isn't the case with Victoria, she seems to garner as much if not more enjoyment than the MC with having her limits pushed. If he pushed her limits too far, she can just say so, and the MC would probably act on what she said. I think it's clear the MC has shown he cares deeply about the wellbeing of his girls, even sans safeword he makes sure to check in with their comfort levels whenever they are doing something.
I like safe words, but I feel like they don't really fit in this story, at least in the way you want them to be used.
I guess I feel I should also ask if the excluding of bdsm community influence into their relationship also extends to the Collaring as equivalent of marriage? Like are the collars purely coincidental, like yea they're important inside the harem, but outside the harem itself they have zero greater meaning? As I said, MC and his girls do already effectively use them like they're wedding rings and it'd be nice to see that acknowledged in one way or another, ideally as I've said fully.
There is too much weighing the events and relationships in this story against the wider BDSM community. The collars are important to the characters in the harem, I don't really think it matters to the other people in the world.

4.70 star(s) 157 Votes