Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
A last gen, low end, smartphone costs $300 IRL.
Off topic as shit but stop buying phones meant for the US market. A good poco will cost about that much and have the same processor as the $1000 dollar phones. The big electronic companies know they can rip us off in the west and they also know that they can't make enough sales from the developing world off the $1000 phones they're selling here.
Even for current gen the poco f6 will cost about $430 USD and comes with a SD 8s gen 3. Technically a little slower than a regular SD 8 gen 3 but for existing software and games and with the rate of mobile games development you won't run into performance bottlenecks for years. Phone manufacturers are ripping us off in the domestic markets but thanks to the internet there's really no reason to stick to them.

Like just to be clear, I do think it's a good idea for MC to wait a few weeks for his revenue to stabilize before he thinks of buying a phone for Lucy, but there's also no reason to waste $1000-2000 on a brand new smart phone when you can get one basically just as nice for under $500.

Reactions: fraazx

rebel836

May 15, 2018
Anyone else spam refresh on the latest updates page on a daily basis looking for a familiar name? Not to mention the 12 tabs I have open as a backlog for games to try while waiting for said updates. Lot of slim pickings lol but sometimes the occasional diamond. Hell even this one was on my backlog for a while and now it goes on the list of "holy mother of tits why does this take so long" despite being one of the more consistent devs :ROFLMAO:

Kramsz

Aug 30, 2018
Restaurants are not cheap to run. Most of what you make in a day goes back into the business and to employees. While you may have a good week you have to consider the next few after. There's lots of things to consider that can lead to loses. So just because you've had a good streak doesn't mean you can really afford to start purchasing things that don't go directly into the restaurant due to some extra money at the moment. Restaurants can go from prospering to dead within a matter of months based solely off hype around it. If you spend too much during an initial boom you will have a hard time settling after. AFAIK he is still paying Victoria, Akatsuki, Sarah and putting money aside for Lucy. At least there's been no discussion of that stopping that I remember, it's just probably an off camera thing since there's no real need to show it each time. Now all of that said, it does leave you scratching your head a bit when he's buying a bunch of swimsuits, sex toys and chokers like it's nothing right after the Catherine incident but really the whole phone thing is just a story point and for now Lucy is fine using MCs phone since he doesn't need it during service. He might just want her to work up the courage and confidence to buy it with her own money she's earned instead of her thinking she shouldn't take the money in the first place.

Konrad Simon

Game Developer
May 12, 2021
I can tell you most people opening a restaurant need a year or two of
Restaurants are not cheap to run. Most of what you make in a day goes back into the business and to employees. While you may have a good week you have to consider the next few after. There's lots of things to consider that can lead to loses. So just because you've had a good streak doesn't mean you can really afford to start purchasing things that don't go directly into the restaurant due to some extra money at the moment. Restaurants can go from prospering to dead within a matter of months based solely off hype around it. If you spend too much during an initial boom you will have a hard time settling after. AFAIK he is still paying Victoria, Akatsuki, Sarah and putting money aside for Lucy. At least there's been no discussion of that stopping that I remember, it's just probably an off camera thing since there's no real need to show it each time. Now all of that said, it does leave you scratching your head a bit when he's buying a bunch of swimsuits, sex toys and chokers like it's nothing right after the Catherine incident but really the whole phone thing is just a story point and for now Lucy is fine using MCs phone since he doesn't need it during service. He might just want her to work up the courage and confidence to buy it with her own money she's earned instead of her thinking she shouldn't take the money in the first place.
Yep. All of this. Some friends of mine opened a restaurant, and ended up going out of business because there was a blizzard one day that prevented deliveries--that's all it took. The first couple of years are dicey as hell, even if you've done everything right and gotten a financial cushion. Roughly 90% of new restaurants fail within two years.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Anyone else spam refresh on the latest updates page on a daily basis looking for a familiar name? Not to mention the 12 tabs I have open as a backlog for games to try while waiting for said updates. Lot of slim pickings lol but sometimes the occasional diamond. Hell even this one was on my backlog for a while and now it goes on the list of "holy mother of tits why does this take so long" despite being one of the more consistent devs :ROFLMAO:
Nope - joined the discord and the dev is active on it. But I have about 200 active tabs as backlog games.

rebel836

May 15, 2018
Nope - joined the discord and the dev is active on it. But I have about 200 active tabs as backlog games.
Tell me about it lol. I have at least 200 GB worth of games I've played and haven't uninstalled yet and games I have yet to play, but I still go through them too quick and just hope each day brings a new update to my favorites

Reactions: BadAttitude

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Yes, that was my point, we make a big deal out of being out 400 bucks, but then do probably as much on new swimsuits, it makes no sense.

Also, I think we pay the girls, but Lucy said she doesn't want any so we put it a side with ours as a joint fund if I remember.

Reactions: Randomguy3478

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Yes, that was my point, we make a big deal out of being out 400 bucks, but then do probably as much on new swimsuits, it makes no sense.

Also, I think we pay the girls, but Lucy said she doesn't want any so we put it a side with ours as a joint fund if I remember.
Dont know how much he planned on spending on swim suits, but if you have $400 and know you are going to spend it, have it allocated, then something comes up (like the issue with Catherine), it puts a crimp in your plans and cashflow. I get that complaint. Maybe not a deathblow to the cashflow, but definitely future plans may be delayed. Dev has said he is paying the girls daily, but not showing it in game as it gets boring to show the same scene over and over again.

Last edited:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Tell me about it lol. I have at least 200 GB worth of games I've played and haven't uninstalled yet and games I have yet to play, but I still go through them too quick and just hope each day brings a new update to my favorites
Errr .. Comment withheld about my HDD space :) My NAS has games which are completed, and my local disk has games that are still in dev.

pra86

Feb 22, 2020
I just check the latest daily updates view twice a day. If I find something new and interesting, or an update for an old game, I bookmark it for a later download.

I used to keep multiple tabs open, but got anxious over accidentally closing them :ROFLMAO:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
Dont know how much he planned on spending on swim suits, but if you have $400 and know you are going to spend it, have it allocated, then something comes up (like the issue with Catherine), it puts a crimp in your plans and cashflow. I get that complaint. Maybe not a deathblow to the cashflow, but definitely future plans may be delayed. Dev has said he is paying the girls daily, but not showing it in game as it gets boring to show the same scene over and over again.
Not the point it's the inconsistency, of one minute making a big deal out of being short money and then pointlessly pissing more money away.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Not the point it's the inconsistency, of one minute making a big deal out of being short money and then pointlessly pissing more money away.
making a big deal off someone that took on ~50% off the days sales then couldn't actually pay for it is natural ,a lose like that surely can hurt a starting business,then again he probably planned the swimsuit thing ahead off time and figured the budget could take it,even if it couldn't i wouldn't call it pissing money away whit a pool day like that :ROFLMAO:

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
making a big deal off someone that took on ~50% off the days sales then couldn't actually pay for it is natural ,a lose like that surely can hurt a starting business,then again he probably planned the swimsuit thing ahead off time and figured the budget could take it,even if it couldn't i wouldn't call it pissing money away whit a pool day like that :ROFLMAO:
I would, like a bunch of tween girls haven't gotten swimsuits, they really needed to get brand new ones.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I would, like a bunch of tween girls haven't gotten swimsuits, they really needed to get brand new ones.
They are not tween girls - between the ages of 10 - 14.

I get you are trying to find fault with different parts of the story.

If you have Such a hard time with not having access to the MC's bookkeeping and cash balance, for example, why stay?

So what if the MC does not have the $ for a phone for Lucy and he Has the $ to reward his staff with new swimsuits and a pool party.

What is next - complaining about the brands of the swimsuits or the amount of food that the MC and Akatsuki can reasonably cook in the upstairs kitchen because they could Never realistically feed 7 people in the time available and Still get Hannah and Catherine home before the other women went to sleep?

Are you keeping a stopwatch to time how long the train takes to get the MC to and from school to determine if he gets to class on time because in your estimation - he should always be late?

This is a story, Not RL.

At a certain point in time - all you are doing is this:

zzzzzAxeGrindingMeme1.jpg

If you have nothing better to offer, why stay??

Cheers!! :coffee:

rebel836

May 15, 2018
Yet we're gay for being mildly amused by this lol.

To keep it on topic though, despite the "inconsistencies" with real life applications, I do very much appreciate how the game keeps the focus on what matters. No unnecessary fluff, plot when it matters, but the girls are what's important. Don't get me wrong, I love a good plot, but sometimes it's nice to just hang out with a bunch of girls who like being around you lol.

Jun 4, 2022
Without replying to anyone in particular (because I'm lazy) I'll just say that it's more acceptable to willingly spend money you know you have, than to receive less money for your services.

FWIW, I always imagined that MC has a little bit of a financial safety net, but just deep enough for him to get settled in and get a baseline for his expenses for the cafe. Also as a reminder that there has been (on more days open than not) more customers than he expected initially, due to word of mouth.

4.70 star(s) 155 Votes