Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Glad you guys see the potential with Rachel. Some people have taken her far more seriously than I expected :ROFLMAO:
she is the parody of a femminist, an expected but good twist(for me at least), would be that she is into rape roleplay, or actually secretly like to act like a traditional wife, just she is too proud to admit it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosy Creator

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
she is the parody of a femminist, an expected but good twist(for me at least), would be that she is into rape roleplay, or actually secretly like to act like a traditional wife, just she is too proud to admit it.
To turn real dark real quick:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Could be similar with Rachel, but I'd guess it might be too dark for what Cosy Creator aims for.

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Could be similar with Rachel, but I'd guess it might be too dark for what Cosy Creator aims for.
i mean...the main character and 2 of the main romance have all parental issues...the depressing kind...i don't know the dev's limits for backgrounds and other plot-related things

Last edited:

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
i mean...the main character and 2 of the main romance have all parental issues...the depressing kind...i don't know the dev's limits for backgrounds and other plot-related things
Yes, but sexual ones are more problematic.

Firstly there are those who are hyper allergic to everything rape related, especially if the MC then proceeds to not treat her with extra soft velvet gloves for the rest of her life. Usually the same ones who already reacted allergic to Rachel being shown as an annoying feminist. This might not matter much for Cosy Cafe though, because they probably wont like the game anyway.

Secondly, a girl having had sex with somebody else before makes her less desirable for many of us, even more so if its connected with heavy traumatic baggage and having been taken by force.

So far it seemed to me like tough childhood is fine, but nothing that overly weighs down on a future relationship.

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
Yes, but sexual ones are more problematic.

Firstly there are those who are hyper allergic to everything rape related, especially if the MC then proceeds to not treat her with extra soft velvet gloves for the rest of her life. Usually the same ones who already reacted allergic to Rachel being shown as an annoying feminist. This might not matter much for Cosy Cafe though, because they probably wont like the game anyway.

Secondly, a girl having had sex with somebody else before makes her less desirable for many of us, even more so if its connected with heavy traumatic baggage and having been taken by force.

So far it seemed to me like tough childhood is fine, but nothing that overly weighs down on a future relationship.
I agree, there are already too many games with similar background or plots and most of them pretty much sucks.

This games doesn't need rape or more traumatic experience for characters to be interesting. As long as the plot is relatable and fun, then that all that matters. Tho, I don't care much about roleplay if Creator want to make rape roleplay it all fine but making a character actually get off from being raped won't go well with the settings and as you said make her undesirable. :HideThePain:

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
Glad you guys see the potential with Rachel. Some people have taken her far more seriously than I expected :ROFLMAO:
Nah, she's literally fits in the unwanted character part
i still dont get why would anyone like a Karen
or in this case, le potential Mayadere Karen
well, she's still acceptable if MC gets to train her into a mesubuta, or else her personality are just plain annoying for general taste

see, that's all her worth
just spare us for usual cliché where MC somehow or somewhat saved her
and suddenly her love blossoms, because that's the worse and poor story for someone like Rachel
the only way this will work is for Himedere and only Himedere

I agree, there are already too many games with similar background or plots and most of them pretty much sucks.

This games doesn't need rape or more traumatic experience for characters to be interesting. As long as the plot is relatable and fun, then that all that matters. Tho, I don't care much about roleplay if Creator want to make rape roleplay it all fine but making a character actually get off from being raped won't go well with the settings and as you said make her undesirable. :HideThePain:
i would say the game wont go bad with a dark subplot twist
in fact, it's much better since the MC himself is someone with a lot of hidden agenda himself

• Red Heart
Reactions: JasonsGranpa

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
Dev, this is what you MUST NOT do, don't use labels, even more with japanese-related tropes, they're so overused that they're cheap at this point, and even more when we talk about entitled/arrogant characters

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
I'm never sure how much to give away here, but I will clarify regarding rape. Spoiler: There will be no rape or attempted rape. Personally I just find it really depressing if it's done seriously, and the ahegao meme rape from hentai really wouldn't fit the story. There may however be cnc (is this giving too much away?))

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
Dev, this is what you MUST NOT do, don't use labels, even more with japanese-related tropes, they're so overused that they're cheap at this point, and even more when we talk about entitled/arrogant characters
hey, it cant be helped if i only know the term in japanese

I'm never sure how much to give away here, but I will clarify regarding rape. Spoiler: There will be no rape or attempted rape. Personally I just find it really depressing if it's done seriously, and the ahegao meme rape from hentai really wouldn't fit the story. There may however be cnc (is this giving too much away?))
personally, if you add a tinge of dark subplot into the VN
then it's gonna be perfect since the MC already have his own secret past as mentioned

Reactions: JasonsGranpa

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
thank god

Lovetities

Apr 3, 2020
in fact, it's much better since the MC himself is someone with a lot of hidden agenda himself
Sure, but Mc is also the main protagonist and is the driving force of the story. If his agenda and backstory are not interesting than the game is not interesting. I personally won't prefer dark subplots like death, rape, crimes for the sake of it especially since the game is pretty much wholesome. :WeSmart:

Ps- Rachel act like someone with daddy issues rather than someone who been raped. She seems like manhaters whose parents are divorced or her father left her mother. :HideThePain:

Last edited:

Ultimecea

Dec 13, 2020
Sure, but Mc is also the main protagonist and is the driving force of the story. If his agenda and backstory are not interesting than the game is not interesting. I personally won't prefer dark subplots like death, rape, crimes for the sake of it especially since the game is pretty much wholesome. :WeSmart:

Ps- Rachel act like someone with daddy issues rather than someone who been raped. She seems like manhaters whose parents are divorced or her father left her mother. :HideThePain:
nah, i'm not talking about death, rape stuff but more of "revenge"
after all, he's trying to learn about his grandfather and now he stumbles upon the founding family
in fact, the revenge story can be wholesome too provided the other brat is on the receiving end
and mc steals everything that his family deservingly inherits
and also netori but it's obvious that netori is going to be in the plot anyway

JasonsGranpa

Apr 30, 2023
Nah, she's literally fits in the unwanted character part
i still dont get why would anyone like a Karen
or in this case, le potential Mayadere Karen
well, she's still acceptable if MC gets to train her into a mesubuta, or else her personality are just plain annoying for general taste

see, that's all her worth
just spare us for usual cliché where MC somehow or somewhat saved her
and suddenly her love blossoms, because that's the worse and poor story for someone like Rachel

I enjoy rachel because its so rare that a feminist gets treated like the annoying shit they are. But the only way I could be interested in more than humiliating and harassing her would be if she becomes a willing or unwilling sex slave - or completely switches her attitude to the other end of the spectrum, preferably without some of the below mentioned plot twists. I obviously enjoy non-consent in all its forms, but only if the MC is actively doing it. If past rape of a girl serves to push the 'damsel in distress'/'capt'n save a hoe' narrative I usually have to vomit in my mouth a little.

As said before, I didnt really expect dark sexual content here, so I'm not disappointed, and Cosy Cafe is the most enjoyable ero game for me even without it. But I really hope there will not be a 'save the poor raped feminist' arc.
The teacher arc could imo do with a bit of non-consent since she is into it. It would keep the tone still lighthearted enough - but then again, its not really important for me. If Cosy Creator decides to include cnc I will probably enjoy it since he gets the tone right. Also I'm glad he wont include ahegao rape. Its not enjoyable for me.

I'm just happy there is a game without a 'clinical nice guy syndrome' MC.

Cheers

4.70 star(s) 157 Votes