Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Semantic versioning (the type I use) is very common, and as far as I'm aware I'm doing it correctly. For more info:
I always appreciate devs that do semantic versioning correctly. Although some release first versions like 0.0.4 which drives me bananas since they make no sense if they're trying to use semantic. You can't have a patch to an unreleased and nonexistent version.

Reactions: Cosy Creator

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Then the people that I learned from and the companies I've been in just did it like that, never really cared about reading about it to know more, so I just understood it as being an standardized thing, since I've been in 4 companies that did it like that, and never went past 0.9, maybe just a coincidence, or maybe it's something they do here where I live, at the end of the day, it only matters that the dev understands his own versioning and doesn't change it, so people can at least know when something new is out.

Ty all for the reply tho, I'm not stupid enough to don't understand I was wrong on this one, so at least now I understand that better.
This is someting pretty common for many devs, depends of they training. Many thinks that 1.9.9 is equal to 199, so the next logical number should be 2.0.0 for 200. That's a lake of knowledge about versioning. But from my experrience you'll see many interpretation of the SemVer as for many people minor et patch can have different meanings and in the company I actually work, we have a multi-tenant application and each deployment of a new customer is equal to a patch. But in any versioning I looked for they were never a addition of a customer on the versioning and even less for a new feature only avalaible for one customer.

I always appreciate devs that do semantic versioning correctly. Although some release first versions like 0.0.4 which drives me bananas since they make no sense if they're trying to use semantic. You can't have a patch to an unreleased and nonexistent version.
Many game creator here are not developers, but people with skills in renders and/or writing who wish to make a game. Renpy make it easy. It's one of the reason you see games still in progress with old Renpy version and that gave up on Android release, as porting an app to a new major version and maintaing the right Renpy version compatible with Android latest API is much harder and more time consuming than making the game if you have no developper knowledge.

RhazzesDarkk

Oct 18, 2020
This was awesome, just relaxing and chill!!!

Nice non cringe adult writing, Likable Li's AND MC
Perfect (first time) lewd scenes that were different based on the Girl.
And it didn't throw 20 Fuckdolls at you in the first 15 min Playtime. (Current state of Harem VN's)

Does someone know more VN's somewhat like this???
I don't mean specifically owning a Cafe but
just wholesome and chill harem like this.

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
Even though the story is not chill story "A Fiery Scion" has a chill harem without drama. WVM's harem is also chill but personally I'd wait for season 1 remake, I'm sure it will be done in the next couple of years :LOL:

Reactions: RhazzesDarkk

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I'm getting some Cosy withdrawal symptoms here. Are there any news regarding an update?
This was posted on patreon on January 14th: " Of course, the main thing I've been working on over the last couple of weeks has been writing 0.8 - it's now mostly finished, with only a couple of scenes left to do, and I expect the final word count to come in around 16,000-17,000 words. It's a single day update again, meaning it's the longest single day in the game to date (I feel like I break that record with every update recently) "

Should be soon, hopefully

Reactions: Ka1tzer

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Dev Log 25

Hey guys, time for another dev log!

As usual at this point in the update process, it's gonna be a short one, since most of my effort is currently going into pumping out renders.

I can now confirm a few things though: the final word count is pretty much exactly 16,000 for this one, so from that I'm expecting the render count to come to around 800, though long time patrons will know I have a habit of underestimating when it comes to render predictions.

I've currently got 200 renders complete, which puts me a little ahead of my usual 2 month schedule at this point, but there are a few new locations to build for the later half of the update, which will slow me down a lot, so I'm expecting the update to come out around the end of February - I'll let you know more precisely nearer the time.

The next dev log should be on the 11th of February, and that may be the last one before the release of 0.8, so until then, and as always - thank you all for supporting the game!

- Cosy Creator

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

wiseold6996

Sep 22, 2020
Dev Log 25

Hey guys, time for another dev log!

As usual at this point in the update process, it's gonna be a short one, since most of my effort is currently going into pumping out renders.

I can now confirm a few things though: the final word count is pretty much exactly 16,000 for this one, so from that I'm expecting the render count to come to around 800, though long time patrons will know I have a habit of underestimating when it comes to render predictions.

I've currently got 200 renders complete, which puts me a little ahead of my usual 2 month schedule at this point, but there are a few new locations to build for the later half of the update, which will slow me down a lot, so I'm expecting the update to come out around the end of February - I'll let you know more precisely nearer the time.

The next dev log should be on the 11th of February, and that may be the last one before the release of 0.8, so until then, and as always - thank you all for supporting the game!

- Cosy Creator

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Time for correction?

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
this game is some black magic. an mc who has a good head on his shoulders. who dosent have some mental break down when he sees li and has an internal monologue about boobs . no li who sell their bodies. have u thought about opening a school for devs on how to make a good harem game. ps am now a patreon :)
While I will not disagree that the game is good, I will say that it is not black magic. The issue is lots of devs follow foreign (to me, being an American) Hentai and other personality archetypes. Dead parents, being sent away/separated from family, girls falling into bed after a little attention, missing fathers, etc. While technically the last one happens in American culture (over 50% of kids are born to single mothers), it is dis-proportionally represented in games on this site.

Like you said, having a MC that isn't a push over, but knows their limitations (he knows how to cook, knows how to fight, knows when/how to ask for help, and knows a little psychology). The girls are understanding what a real person is as an adult, not a kid in school (like all the others they are used to). It is part of the reason it is popular, since it is unique.

Last edited:

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
I do like the story so far but the Dom stuff is not for me. To me it is out of character. Hopefully not all the girls will be into dom stuff. It doesn't fit the story being told. I'll finish the current content or try to too give it a chance.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
I do like the story so far but the Dom stuff is not for me. To me it is out of character. Hopefully not all the girls will be into dom stuff. It doesn't fit the story being told. I'll finish the current content or try to too give it a chance.
:unsure: mind explaining how the dominate natured mc doesn't fit the story?

ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
:unsure: mind explaining how the dominate natured mc doesn't fit the story?
Sure soon as you explain why a guy would go dom on a shy girl that lived with an abusive mother. Most couple would start out normal sex first then move into bolder kinks. JS Besides i didn't say out of character for him. I would say for the Li and the story itself actually.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Sure soon as you explain why a guy would go dom on a shy girl that lived with an abusive mother. Most couple would start out normal sex first then move into bolder kinks. JS Besides i didn't say out of character for him. I would say for the Li and the story itself actually.
There's nothing about respectful D/s (dominance/submission) interactions that is out of character for the story or the girls, IMO. The MC isn't being abusive, and he clearly cares about his girls. That's all it takes to start a respectful relationship.

That said, if you don't like the D/s angle of the early relationships like Lucy, you may want to decide if you're enjoying the story enough to keep going... Since there are at least some D/s elements to the MC's relationships with each of the girls, though they manifest in different ways with different girls.

(As a note, you talk about "going dom" as an escalation of a relationship, but that doesn't really reflect either the reality of D/s relationships or the situation presented in the game. The MC is who he says he is, and acts like he says and shows he's going to act. It's all out in the open, and if any of the characters didn't like it, they really are free to not associate with him. Any consequences they may face for not interacting with him are generally of their own making, or of their families' making, and not really issues he's responsible for.)

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Your problem is that the MC and the girls are created to fit that kind of relationship, it's a game with a clear objective and unlike many other games here the dev hasn't lied once about they direction he wants to take.

4.70 star(s) 163 Votes