Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
This game has probably turned into one of my favourites on this site, I like the main girls a lot, and the developmend looks fast enough, is the game going to be finished soon? (soon meaning this year xD) since it's close to 1.0, or will it go to 0.10 etc, just wanted to know, since if it's going to be finished this year, I'd rather wait and play it again when it's finished, instead of playing each update.
It'll go 0.10, 0.11 etc. No chance of it finishing this year.

DBAV

Jul 22, 2017
Why do people still think that versions like 0.9 mean that something is almost finished or 90% complete. Software versions are not a new thing and are everywhere.
Because there is not standardized measurement and every dev uses whatever numbering they please, people tend to assume the easy way of 0.1=10%, 0.9=90%.

Reactions: Hanny2000

Draugo

Jul 12, 2022
But that's the thing, software versions are not a "measurement" and I don't know when they actually have been. I can't remember the last time when 0.9 meant almost finished.

Also there are versioning systems that are actually defacto standards but that's not something I expect most people to understand. I just don't get where this notion of 0.5 means it's half done comes from since nothing in the last two decades has worked like that.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
It'll go 0.10, 0.11 etc. No chance of it finishing this year.
I'm looking forward to years of more Cosy Case time with the lovely ladies!

We have the pretty organic growth of a harem (something not often seen in AVNs), an interesting story with twists and turns, and a legitimate reason to wed multiple women from the different families as part of building an alliance of houses.

If this story was writ on a much larger scale, we would be behind the game of thrones in Europe, binding multiple countries to an alliance.

Honestly - this is more personal fun as I will play Victoria 3 when I want the grand strategy game.

I'm looking forward not just to the growth of the MC's relationship with Lucy, Victoria & Sarah but also to Allison's help protecting the MC from family politics and bringing in Allison, Hannah and Catherine to the MC's orbit and harem.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
yeah not everyone understands software lingo
This kind of versioning is everywhere. Just look at the version of your Android or IOS apps in the store and you'll see that you simply missed it, but this information was there all the time ^^

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
yes but knowing which language is used can lead to confusion:
example : 1+1=?

most people would say 2 but i can mean 10 and still be right and anyone thinking 2 would be wrong because off his/her own misconception or my own miscommunication

Hanny2000

Jun 16, 2020
Because there is not standardized measurement and every dev uses whatever numbering they please, people tend to assume the easy way of 0.1=10%, 0.9=90%.
Well, that kinda makes sense.
However, it's not always like that.
The game could go beyond that.
Like 1.0 for season one, 2.0 for season two, and so on.
Hope you enjoy the game, cheer. :coffee:

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
Why do people still think that versions like 0.9 mean that something is almost finished or 90% complete. Software versions are not a new thing and are everywhere.
Because that's standarized versioning, as a dev myself, that's how it works on the companies I worked in, doesn't mean you have to follow it, but it's "good practice".

Not to say they did anything bad for not following that, but it's also normal that people that know how versioning works and are new to using this forum would think that a 0.9 is close to complete, at the end of the day tho, it's their game, and they can versionate it however they like, I just wanted to ask to be sure, and I've also seen a few devs in this site use the versioning as 0.9 being almost finished.

Bedead

Jan 4, 2018
Because that's standarized versioning, as a dev myself, that's how it works on the companies I worked in, doesn't mean you have to follow it, but it's "good practice".

Not to say they did anything bad for not following that, but it's also normal that people that know how versioning works and are new to using this forum would think that a 0.9 is close to complete, at the end of the day tho, it's their game, and they can versionate it however they like, I just wanted to ask to be sure, and I've also seen a few devs in this site use the versioning as 0.9 being almost finished.
There is no such thing as standardized versioning. There are types of version sequencing but there is no one collective standard. You should know this as a dev.

Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Donor
Respected User
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016

Summary
MAJOR version when you make incompatible API changes
MINOR version when you add functionality in a backward compatible manner
PATCH version when you make backward compatible bug fixes
Additional labels for pre-release and build metadata are available as extensions to the MAJOR.MINOR.PATCH format.

Blah Blah Blah

Version 1.0.0 defines the public API - which does not necessarily mean final or complete.
Just stable.

So 0.9.0.0 could go to 0.10.00 etc.

It really means nothing - just a new version or addition.

Husmi

Dec 8, 2021
There is no such thing as standardized versioning. There are types of version sequencing but there is no one collective standard. You should know this as a dev.
Then the people that I learned from and the companies I've been in just did it like that, never really cared about reading about it to know more, so I just understood it as being an standardized thing, since I've been in 4 companies that did it like that, and never went past 0.9, maybe just a coincidence, or maybe it's something they do here where I live, at the end of the day, it only matters that the dev understands his own versioning and doesn't change it, so people can at least know when something new is out.

Ty all for the reply tho, I'm not stupid enough to don't understand I was wrong on this one, so at least now I understand that better.

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Semantic versioning (the type I use) is very common, and as far as I'm aware I'm doing it correctly. For more info:
You are doing it correctly for what you are doing. Major_Release.Minor_Release.Patch is just fine and most people can follow it. v0.7.1, I know exactly where you are at in the grand scheme of things.

Another alternative is lots of companies do build numbers (major_version.build_number). Like Microsoft Windows 11 23H2 is Windows 11.22631, Windows 10 22H2 is 10.19045 It is an alternative, but that is if you have lots of builds.

Some people attribute dates to build numbers. I had a company which the software was CI/CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Development), and the build name was 2024.0125.34 ... the 34th build on January 25th, 2024. That also works.

Most developers don't do % finished unless they have a 100% plan and know they can stick to it. Games like Alexandra and Ravenous which their rev number = % complete are rather rare. Ravenous = 0.92 on the latest release, meaning it is 92% complete. Okay if you know that and can guarantee it. Alexandra got to 0.99 and had to do many versions of 0.99 to get all the content done (0.99r1, 0.99r2, 0.99r3, then V1.00 and a couple post patches should memory serve). It just backs you into a corner as a dev.

The choice all depends on you as the developer, and remain consistent throughout the project, then people can follow. I have not seen that you have deviated (following since first release), so no worries. Then again - I have spent 35 years in IT and know how software development works.

Reactions: Cosy Creator

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Then the people that I learned from and the companies I've been in just did it like that, never really cared about reading about it to know more, so I just understood it as being an standardized thing, since I've been in 4 companies that did it like that, and never went past 0.9, maybe just a coincidence, or maybe it's something they do here where I live, at the end of the day, it only matters that the dev understands his own versioning and doesn't change it, so people can at least know when something new is out.

Ty all for the reply tho, I'm not stupid enough to don't understand I was wrong on this one, so at least now I understand that better.
It probably is a coincidence. Usually software is built, tested, then rebuilt after errors and QA are addressed, and that is a release. Since it takes a while to do development and testing, having more than 10 builds a year in a traditional development shop (non-agile/scrum) is rare. If you are building an app from scratch, you might, but once has hit major release, you are just updating functionality. Lower build counts attribute to that.

But then again - it all depends on the development managers standard is for picking their methodology. As long as everyone can follow it - no worries what it is.

DECYPHER

Apr 26, 2017
I downloaded this game offhandedly (soft spot for Honey Select) and was genuinely surprised by how good this game is. Like, this game is on par with Harem Hotel. Cosy Creator, you have an actual gem on your hands with this one. Insanely captivating writing, each girl feels well-written, the handling of kinks is done really well (love the slow descent with the casual nudity, keep it up), all mixed with really unique and gorgeous renders. Always nice to get an MC that isn't just a placeholder for the player, but is someone you're genuinely rooting for.

I cannot wait to see where you take this game.

4.70 star(s) 163 Votes