ThaDude1977

Jul 5, 2022
Your problem is that the MC and the girls are created to fit that kind of relationship, it's a game with a clear objective and unlike many other games here the dev hasn't lied once about they direction he wants to take.
Fair enough. But every Li in the game being into that certain fetish in some shape and form is like having all Li's turn Lesbian/Bi in a Harem to justify it being a Harem. It doesn't make sense.

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Sure soon as you explain why a guy would go dom on a shy girl that lived with an abusive mother. Most couple would start out normal sex first then move into bolder kinks. JS Besides i didn't say out of character for him. I would say for the Li and the story itself actually.
well i did ask how you think it doesn't fit the story, so yeah anyway

it think that cosy did a job writing it in general
the MC was actually hesitant being more dominate whit her and this is properly conveyed in the story

i think that biggest difference is that the MC just has a dominant way off show love and the reflects into their interactions sexual and otherwise
opposed to her mother who did it for well probably resenting her daughter because she probably reminded her off her own failed marriage/relationship, lashing out at her for thriffle things

anyway not liking dominate nature or light bondage and sm stuff is fine but then this avn might not be for you

|XenoN|

May 6, 2023
Fair enough. But every Li in the game being into that certain fetish in some shape and form is like having all Li's turn Lesbian/Bi in a Harem to justify it being a Harem. It doesn't make sense.
I don't think you have anything to worry about...coz i don't really think dev gonna corrupt Lucy too much and for Victoria...she's into that shit and for the rest we'll know as the story unfold...as for me i totally liked the MC's Personality..he knows what he wants..he's not abusive nor a simp...he's caring and dominant in bed just how i like my MC.

Reactions: Juerhullycin

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
I mean, D/s is a major focus of the game, at least regarding the MC's relationships with girls, so there's no reason that it wouldn't make sense. Also, that you think it doesn't make sense does not make it not make sense. But generally speaking, the fact that you're calling it "that certain fetish" shows that you're still siloing it separately into a single "thing" that you don't really get. There's a ton of variation and nuance even entirely within D/s, not taking into account the wider range of BDSM and BDSM-adjacent interests... And that's not to mention the dominance/submission elements present in almost every single successful relationship. If it's not for you, that's totally fine, but that might similarly encourage you to look elsewhere if you have zero interest in D/s given that it's one of the game's main foci.

D/s is a much more common kink than most people think it is, but most people don't advertise it because of how many people are just plain bad at being doms/dommes. Being an actual dom involves a lot more than just telling girls what to do and spanking or choking them, and the dom needs to be aware of and keep track of a lot more aspects of the situation than their sub does. There are also significantly more girls who are quite enthusiastically open to being the submissive partner in a D/s relationship with a respectful and caring dom than common assumptions suggest.

And lastly but most importantly, since you brought up Lucy and her mother: Dominance is not the same as abuse, and has nothing to do with it. Abuse is abuse. A sub trusts their dom to be honest, caring, protective, and attentive; to push them to their boundaries and not break their limits without consent; to ensure they enjoy the experience and all it entails; and to absolutely ensure their safety while under the dom's power. Without trust and consent, it's just someone hurting another person against their will, which is, generally speaking, either assault or abuse. Speaking from direct experience, for some people with abuse-related trauma, a healthy and loving D/s relationship can be a powerful factor in their recovery and future mental health.

oste22

May 31, 2017
Wow what a great game, I’m so happy i waited enough for the content to pile up until now to play it. I really liked the maledom stuff especialy with Victoria, and I hope it will get more and more kinky as the time goes. Good luck dev !

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
And lastly but most importantly, since you brought up Lucy and her mother: Dominance is not the same as abuse, and has nothing to do with it. Abuse is abuse. A sub trusts their dom to be honest, caring, protective, and attentive; to push them to their boundaries and not break their limits without consent; to ensure they enjoy the experience and all it entails; and to absolutely ensure their safety while under the dom's power. Without trust and consent, it's just someone hurting another person against their will, which is, generally speaking, either assault or abuse. Speaking from direct experience, for some people with abuse-related trauma, a healthy and loving D/s relationship can be a powerful factor in their recovery and future mental health.
I was going to bring this up but glad I read down the thread to see you point this out. I second the thought about Lucy's mother was abusive, not dominant. The MC has not abused Lucy, yes he is the strong one, but has gone at her speed the whole time. D/S is all about consent, communication, and expectation. Abuse does not have consent.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
Your lesbian example is perfect actually - you wouldn't complain about all the LIs being lesbians in a lesbian game, would you? Well this is a maledom game (maledom and bdsm don't have to be limited to that one kinky LI that pops up in every harem) so if you don't like maledom, it may just not be for you.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
One of the things I really enjoy about Cosy Cafe is that the MC is about as healthy and non-abusive a male dom character as I have seen written in any AVN.

His focus is Not banging as many women as he can while he is in school.

His focus is to become a great chef and honor his grandfather's legacy.

He's learned that he cannot do this alone and he has invited a number of women into his orbit/circle where he shares his dream with, and extends his protection to, those women who have decided to become a part of his circle.

He is a protector who genuinely cares about his women, and he tries to make sure that he is giving to each of the women in a way that works for the MC and that woman.

He has groped Victoria's tits Hard but he is careful and respectful of Sarah's body insecurities (very small breasts) and has never been rough handed with Sarah's tits.

He understands that Victoria and Sarah are different women, and he is respectful of each within the boundaries of the relationship he is building.

He is actively working on discovering What each of his women like in terms of their sexual preferences and he is patiently building his relationships and the trust so critical for good relationships to flourish.

Finally - a 'bad' male dom character would not have turned down Catherine when she offered her virginity to him even though she Really dislikes him.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Some people, like Catherine, equate submission with humiliation.

She views losing her virginity to the MC as part of the 'price' she must pay to honor her family and secure his alliance.

The MC treated Lucy's and Victoria's first times as something special - not a price to be paid by a woman who cares nothing for him.

The MC is Not about humiliating his women but rather, he is about healthy submissive relationships with each of his women.

Catherine will have to grow beyond the current limitations of her upbringing if she is to have any hope of being invited into the MC's circle.

I think the only truly Adult member (by this - someone who's already out of school and is actually working for a living) of the founding families who has any real understanding of the MC is Alison, the headmistress of his school.

While Alison may have been disowned by her father for her refusal to marry Brian, she was still raised as a first-born daughter and has all the knowledge of that upbringing.

She may well become a significant influence in helping Catherine understand what a first-born daughter of a founding family can do to achieve her goals/dreams since Alison is Also a first-born daughter of a founding family.

The initial strategy session with Alison and the MC on the upcoming Saturday night will give us that first 'outside of school' opportunity for Alison and the MC to really build on their relationship. It may also show Hannah and Catherine a different side of the MC and Alison with some quasi 'date' moments that will help both to consider changing their perspective of the MC.

While I am looking forward to the next rev of Cosy Cafe - I have to admit that I am even more enthusiastic for the Alison 'date' and the impact it will have on not just the MC and Alison, but also on the other women in the MC's life/orbit.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Last edited:

spyfoxjm

Nov 1, 2018
Hey, I'm new here. I just downloaded this game and did a full playthrough from start to the end of version 7 over a couple of days, and I have to say that the story is amazing.
I came expecting cafe hijinx, and stumbled across an amazing story.

I wish I had money to spare right now, because this project actually seems like it's worth supporting.
I guess I'll have to be content lurking in the background.

It's honestly rare that I become so personally invested in the characters of a story.
I'm really enjoying the parts with Sarah, and I can't help but worry about Akatsuki.

I'm looking for to the next version of the game.
I can't wait to find out what happens next, but unfortunately I have no choice but to wait.

Unless someone has a time machine I could borrow? I wouldn't mind a quick trip to the future so I could binge read the rest of the story.

Anyway, great work so far. I really am looking forward to reading more.

Jimskeleton

Nov 9, 2020
Dev Log 26

Hey guys, it’s dev log time!

It’s been another busy couple of weeks, and I’ve made some great progress on 0.8 - I’ve completed 300 more renders (500 so far), finished one of the two animated scenes (15 videos), and created two of the three new locations that will feature in this update.

Beyond that, I’ve also been playing with some new editing software (Adobe Lightroom) that I plan on putting into effect for all of the renders in this update. I’ve only dabbled with it so far, so these are very much a work in progress, but this is roughly what I’m going for:

You may not notice much difference just looking at them in this post, but full screen I think the new ones really pop, and make the world look much more vibrant and alive.

Once I’ve got the hang of it, it should be relatively easy to batch edit all of the previous renders in the game, so this could potentially be an improvement across the board (although the improvement will be limited on the rough early renders from 0.1 and 0.2 - technology can only achieve so much!)

If you have any thoughts on the above, or if you know of some magic that can be performed using Lightroom that I’m missing, feel free to comment below or on discord!

Next, something that probably won’t be of interest to most of you, but I’ve had a few requests now for some higher patreon tiers, just to allow people to increase their level of support without further rewards. I've also had requests for a custom render tier, so, to that end, I’ve combined these and added two new expensive tiers. I want to make it clear though, even with rewards, nobody should feel obligated to join these tiers, they're purely for people that want to support the game to a ridiculously generous degree!

If you are interested in a custom render, be aware that it will come with some rules: First, it has to comply with the patreon terms of service. Second, I won't do anything with guys other than the MC (no netorare!), and finally, I won't do anything with the main LIs that goes beyond what you've seen already in game (meaning that you can't just commission me to see Sarah naked, you have to read the story to see that!). This last rule does not apply to side characters however, they're fair game!

Finally, this will probably be the last dev log of 0.8, since the release will be in two or three weeks (looking at either the 25th, or the third of next month), so until then, as always, thank you for all of your support!

- Cosy Creator

Wajou

Jul 14, 2018
Hype !

I love this game so I'm probably biased but feels like lightroom is both good and bad : I like how it looks in the environment but not on the character models, feels like it just darkens their skin tones and removes some of the simplistic charm of the game. Just my 2 cents.

I'll sub on patreon before the next update drops for sure.

Cheers !

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Cosy Creator

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
Full size versions of the lightroom renders for anyone interested.
Subtle, but there is that bit of added warmth, like going from a room with fluorescent or LED lights to incandescent, or into natural sunlight. If the light is too white, it just doesn't look quite right.

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023
The lightroom ones feels like you added pseudo-Subsurface Scattering which is nice, and makes the characters look more lifelike/warm with actual blood pumping inside them, if that makes sense.
So what you're saying is that this would be a bad method for making renders for a vampire VN?;)

• Haha
Reactions: Phase_01

bASKOU

Jan 29, 2019
Full size versions of the lightroom renders for anyone interested.
It makes thing most of the time pop more. But in the last render where we can see Sara, actually the green of grass and trees looks less good. Less green and more bland.

GIrls skin tone look really better after on the lightroom renders, wood as well.

Cosy Creator

Game Developer
Dec 11, 2022
It makes thing most of the time pop more. But in the last render where we can see Sara, actually the green of grass and trees looks less good. Less green and more bland.

GIrls skin tone look really better after on the lightroom renders, wood as well.
Yeah, the last one definitely needs some work (I think Sarah's face is a little too radiant as well, almost burnt out) - I think I might end up having two sets of processing, one for lighter images and another for darker ones. Since the reception has been generally positive wherever I've posted these, I'll spend some more time figuring out the software and coming up with a good method when I get to that point near the end of developing this update.

4.70 star(s) 163 Votes