PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Public release is in a month, but it never lasts that long here. Normally it leaks after around 3 weeks, but last time it only took a week, so make of that what you will.
Keep up the good work and the great story telling!

I am going thru Alison withdrawal - Help!! :(

I need the date night/strategy meeting with Alison on Saturday night...

(BTW - when you tell us your target was 800 renders for rev 0.8 and you take another week past your initial ETA, giving us almost 200 renders more than planned - I call that a Win for lovers of this story!)

Cheers!! :coffee:

mordred93

Jul 21, 2017
Public release is in a month, but it never lasts that long here. Normally it leaks after around 3 weeks, but last time it only took a week, so make of that what you will.
Sorry (wo)man - I am a pirate - Ill wait for the free version. Just know I am waiting with anticipation as this is one of my favorites. Also know - that I subscribe, for a month of a semi-high tier, when the games are finished if I really liked them :) That becomes my payment. Just like buying a game for the Xbox .. one time purchase. I don't do subscriptions (for anything).

HiHaHo

Jan 2, 2023
Sorry (wo)man - I am a pirate - Ill wait for the free version. Just know I am waiting with anticipation as this is one of my favorites. Also know - that I subscribe, for a month of a semi-high tier, when the games are finished if I really liked them :) That becomes my payment. Just like buying a game for the Xbox .. one time purchase. I don't do subscriptions (for anything).
yeah itch.io helps whit that mindset ,i don't know if cosy cafe is on there though

Jul 19, 2021
i do not have much of a choice, wether i want to or not in terms of using patreon or subscribestar, so ill just wait however long it takes whenever were able to play the new updates for the game.

Reactions: Netao_Da_Caxixola

lokoki1

Apr 10, 2022
Does anyone know what programs, besides Renpy, are used to make this kind of game?
RenPy("game engine") ,Modded HoneySelect2(renders), Blender(if you need some asset to use in HS2, that you can't get on the internet. like your 3d logo in game, specific item or something else), some devs use Photoshop to enchance/edit renders in some way(i don't think CosyCreator is using any post-editing).

NiacTD

Dec 24, 2023
RenPy("game engine") ,Modded HoneySelect2(renders), Blender(if you need some asset to use in HS2, that you can't get on the internet. like your 3d logo in game, specific item or something else), some devs use Photoshop to enchance/edit renders in some way(i don't think CosyCreator is using any post-editing).
CosyCreator recently announced that they are using LightRoom to edit renders on the 0.8 update. It's a subtle difference, but noticeable when pointed out.

Reactions: Cosy Creator

serLuc

Feb 10, 2023
I know Renpy and Photoshop, and I've started learning Blender, but I've never touched HS.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
I know Renpy and Photoshop, and I've started learning Blender, but I've never touched HS.
You should give HS2 a try, the modded version is just massive when it comes down to assets, also i really like the character creator. Makes things a lot easier due to you not being forced to make every character from scratch like in f.e. Blender, that will take a lot more time and is also a lot harder to learn. Alternatively a lot of creators are using Daz3D and some even Unreal Engine, but its up to you which graphic style is the most appealing to you.

serLuc

Feb 10, 2023
You should give HS2 a try, the modded version is just massive when it comes down to assets, also i really like the character creator.
Does that mean you can also create environments and objects in HS? I was under the impression that HS is just a character creator.

ScyTheFox

Apr 8, 2021
Does that mean you can also create environments and objects in HS? I was under the impression that HS is just a character creator.
You cannot create objects and environment in HS2 as far as im concerned, the assets are pure for body creation and fashion like clothing and attachments and stuff. But theres another title from the same creator called "AI Shoujo" where you got a lot of environment and object assets to hand, but limited to game area, like sandbox. Maybe there is a possible full space creation but i dont really remebmer that. Otherwise Daz3D and Unreal Engine cound provide you environmet creation pretty easily. UE5 ist even free and there are free assets on the marketplace every month and a lot free stuff fulltime. Never looked too deep into Daz3D, but from what ive seen it could get really expencive there with all these assets on their marketplace. I would recommand to take a closer look to all three of them. If you really want to develope a VN yourself this is a very important decision. There are ups and downs to all of the options available, just take your time and decide at best will of your own preferences.
Edit: Also i totally forgot to mention OpenArtAI, there are 3 different AIs which can generate images, handled by promps as an input to create such images. Its legal to use these images for contribution matters, even if you have not created them by yourself. These are pretty damn good today and can be used for background.

Last edited:
Reactions: serLuc
Dec 29, 2023
We need an avenger!
A rich kind hearted avenger.
Guess who wanna be an avenger, obviously YOU!!!
Then, what are you waiting for share the link now!!!
Fuck!!!! You ruined my notes, I just preparing for my tests, i just take a little break with a cup of coffee, I literally burst into laughter, I spilled my coffee on my notes but thank god I already have pdf of my notes.
But seriously i wasn't expecting something like that.:FacePalm:

4.70 star(s) 157 Votes