"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Crimson High [v0.28.1] [Vertigo] crunched

Download PC(Win/Linux)/Mac/Update*:

- -
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
*v0.26.1/0.27.1 to v0.28.1

Last edited:

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Damn.. what a cliff hanger and she won't be back for 3 days.. ugh.. that means we may not get any answers for another few updates since we did not even get through a single day in this one.

okokok

Aug 19, 2016
At least not a cliffhanger ending mid-event, just a "on the way to do next big thing" ending where it feels like the author apparently decided to end this update early rather than on a cliffhanger in the middle of the next big plot sequence.
What a break with tradition. Almost disappointed

Jabberwock00

Mar 13, 2019
so for the future updates, the last choice...
accept the apology or tell you're single ? go single for me, we'll see later lol

spooge_nugget

May 7, 2017
This was a nothing update. It felt like it should have been part of another update and not an update in its own right, so I'd advise people to just skip this one.
It appears as though the next one should be better/more substantial though, given where this one ends.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Not exactly far into the story.
Miko has tried a nibble and I had the strong (supposedly psychopathic) urge to taste her blood.

Why do I get heavy Grimm vibes from this game?
Love it.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
So, what do you guys think
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why do I get heavy Grimm vibes from this game?
Love it.
Well, dev is German and the Grimm TV show is loosely based on Grimm brothers' fairy tales which were highly influental on the modern German language (that even undersells it tbh) and therefore the mind. Guess we've come full circle huh? But yeah the game draws inspiration from that show pretty hard.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Well, dev is German and the Grimm TV show is loosely based on Grimm brothers' fairy tales which were highly influental on the modern German language (that even undersells it tbh) and therefore the mind. Guess we've come full circle huh? But yeah the game draws inspiration from that show pretty hard.
Hmm.
Actually explains a lot.

And I do know the brothers grimm fairytales.
I read them countless times as a kid.

Heil Kräuter :sneaky:

How angry I got when in the series he butchered german names time and time again ...

peter1212

Oct 12, 2017
The 0.28.1 version for PC is unusable (at least for me). Windows says it contains a virus or unwanted software, and doesnt even let me unpack the zip.

Just tried the crunched version, that one did work.

Last edited:

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Hmm.
Actually explains a lot.

And I do know the brothers grimm fairytales.
I read them countless times as a kid.

Heil Kräuter :sneaky:

How angry I got when in the series he butchered german names time and time again ...
I really was underselling it. The whole topic on Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm is pretty interesting.

Acknowledging just their fairy tales collection (and thus, the basis of all romanticist, modern and postmodern western fantasy) should be classified as rude at best. Jacob's influence on Central-European Nationalism and the resulting formation of a unified German state shaped world history in a way that could not be understated.
There's an interesting book, I'd highly recommend if you are a history buff.
Shaped by their professional careers as civil servants, the brothers Grimm did not only want to remind German people of their stories and thereby strengthen national consciousness; they also thought that monarchs should appreciate and honor the cultural and ethnic character of the people. Equipped with detailed knowledge of Germanic grammar, law, myth, and stories, Jacob Grimm especially saw himself as a potential advisor to the rulers of his day. He felt that his expertise allowed him to disentangle peoples from one another, counsel rulers on the proper extent of their authority, and even adjudicate disputes over territories. The philologist could not offer the king any Machiavellian insights into how to acquire and maintain power or clarify the principles of justice in the manner of a philosopher. Yet the princes of the period, Jacob Grimm believed, would benefit greatly from philological input on where the true borders ran between peoples and lands. For him, legitimate government depended on a close cultural and linguistic fit between rulers and ruled, and the philologist was best suited to judge when this fit had been achieved.
Additionally, "Grimm's Dictionary" is often dubbed as Europe's biggest achievement in linguistics.
And not to mention that basically all modern philology is founded on or at the very least inspired by and even circling back to Sanskrit and Greek.

Sorry, I guess I've been drifting off a bit here lol. I just think that language helps form the character and demeanour of a people and all of that naturally trickles down to the creative output of a single smut avn developer. :BootyTime:

Reactions: bacienvu88

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I really was underselling it. The whole topic on Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm is pretty interesting.

Acknowledging just their fairy tales collection (and thus, the basis of all romanticist, modern and postmodern western fantasy) should be classified as rude at best. Jacob's influence on Central-European Nationalism and the resulting formation of a unified German state shaped world history in a way that could not be understated.

Additionally, "Grimm's Dictionary" is often dubbed as Europe's biggest achievement in linguistics.
And not to mention that basically all modern philology is founded on or at the very least inspired by and even circling back to Sanskrit and Greek.

Sorry, I guess I've been drifting off a bit here lol. I just think that language helps form the character and demeanour of a people and all of that naturally trickles down to the creative output of a single smut avn developer. :BootyTime:
Bin mir der Geschichte der Gebrüder Grimm und Allem was dazugehört wohl bewusst, Danke.
Meine Deutsch- und Geschichtslehrerin war so ziemlich besessen von ihnen. Sie hat anscheinend den Lehrplan ... gebeugt und hat die Werke mindestens als Beispiele eingebaut.

Back to topic.

Great game, good humor and nice art style.
I'm still far away from any climax in the story or the "end of version" waiting game but I seem to have found my new favorite game.

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022

Words are cool and stuff, mmmkay. If I didn't have to worry about feeding a family, I'd go back to school for Linguistics cause that shit is so fucking interesting.

aereton

Digital Hedonist Games
Game Developer
Mar 9, 2018
Great game, good humor and nice art style.
I'm still far away from any climax in the story or the "end of version" waiting game but I seem to have found my new favorite game.
Ofc not spoiling anything but the dev loves to foreshadow and hide insinuations in plain sight. Make sure not to tunnel vision only on dialogue & foreground characters, there's plenty happening in the backgrounds most of the time too, I'm sure you'll appreciate it even more. Sometimes I even notice new stuff in older content just by sheer luck or due to new insights on what is happening in the story from newer updates. It's really cool.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Ofc not spoiling anything but the dev loves to foreshadow and hide insinuations in plain sight. Make sure not to tunnel vision only on dialogue & foreground characters, there's plenty happening in the backgrounds most of the time too, I'm sure you'll appreciate it even more. Sometimes I even notice new stuff in older content just by sheer luck or due to new insights on what is happening in the story from newer updates. It's really cool.
Yes I already noticed that the "background scenery" is important.
My mind is ... not linear in many cases (#derumdieeckedenker) i.e. I am often not surprised by plot twists. So far the game is good "despite this" and is able to keep my attention.
That is one of the reasons I love this game :LOL:

4.40 star(s) 89 Votes