Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
There was also the time when the MC had already told Miko about Suzu staying at his apartment but later worried about telling Miko that exact same thing.
He told Miko that Suzu was staying in his apartment.
Later he worried about telling Miko that Suzu permanently is living in his apartment.

The former sparked "Oh he is a nice guy" while he feared the latter would lead to jealousy.

He also still has too many times where he "Doesn't know why he did/feel/say/think this or that." Even if it has gone down by a bit.
Like the time when he "Didn't know why he felt like kissing her," and I'm just sitting here thinking 'dude, you have a beautiful girl on your lap with her face close to yours while you're looking into each other's eyes. I would have revoked your straight male card if you didn't at least THINK about kissing her.'
That is called subconsciousness.

At that point specifically MC did actually not want to kiss her as he consciously made the assessment that she should not feel indebted to him and was fearful that she would come to the conclusion that sex was demanded from her.

I'm glad you got over your initial "meh" phase and came around to liking one of the best games I played in a while if not ever.

Jul 24, 2020
He told Miko that Suzu was staying in his apartment.
Later he worried about telling Miko that Suzu permanently is living in his apartment.

The former sparked "Oh he is a nice guy" while he feared the latter would lead to jealousy.

That is called subconsciousness.

At that point specifically MC did actually not want to kiss her as he consciously made the assessment that she should not feel indebted to him and was fearful that she would come to the conclusion that sex was demanded from her.

I'm glad you got over your initial "meh" phase and came around to liking one of the best games I played in a while if not ever.
I'll concede your first point, but I don't agree with the second one.

I mean, I get why the MC would hesitate, but there's a difference between not wanting to make her think she needs to do those things and not wanting to kiss her.

Wanting to kiss someone in that situation is more instinct then anything else. You can then still decide whether kissing her is a good idea or not, but having the desire to do so is just human nature.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Wanting to kiss someone in that situation is more instinct then anything else. You can then still decide whether kissing her is a good idea or not, but having the desire to do so is just human nature.
He without a doubt instinctively wanted to kiss her, but made the conscious decision not to.
Since he usually is relatively good at giving the consciousness priority over his subconsciousness (police training i.e. the one where you don't hit the rapist in the face multiple times and only arrest him) he did not know what compelled him to do so regardless.

Jul 24, 2020
He without a doubt instinctively wanted to kiss her, but made the conscious decision not to.
Since he usually is relatively good at giving the consciousness priority over his subconsciousness (police training i.e. the one where you don't hit the rapist in the face multiple times and only arrest him) he did not know what compelled him to do so regardless.
Giving the conscious priority over the subconscious just means you can control yourself; it doesn't mean you don't still get the urge. Maybe very intense obedience training might get rid of basic human nature, but simple police training will only give you more control over yourself, not remove what makes you human.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Giving the conscious priority over the subconscious just means you can control yourself; it doesn't mean you don't still get the urge. Maybe very intense obedience training might get rid of basic human nature, but simple police training will only give you more control over yourself, not remove what makes you human.
The only way to "get rid of it" is brain surgery.
Suppressing the subconscious feelings completely and 100% of the time simply is not possible without a lobotomy.
The MC "simply" is a logical man who #1 is trained and #2 is educated since childhood to be "in control".
That is why he was confused that he "lost control" in these situations and could not come up with logical explanations.
It was like he got the urge to do those actions by a highly empowered subconscious feeling.
And that likely is because he apparently is not fully human and at least part myth.

Jul 24, 2020
The only way to "get rid of it" is brain surgery.
Suppressing the subconscious feelings completely and 100% of the time simply is not possible without a lobotomy.
The MC "simply" is a logical man who #1 is trained and #2 is educated since childhood to be "in control".
That is why he was confused that he "lost control" in these situations and could not come up with logical explanations.
It was like he got the urge to do those actions by a highly empowered subconscious feeling.
And that likely is because he apparently is not fully human and at least part myth.

That's my point, though, he didn't "lose control." He had the urge to kiss her but didn't; that's the definition of staying in control. Sure, they ended up kissing, but that was initiated by her, not him.
His surprise about wanting to kiss her was before the actual kiss, anyway. Even if I did agree he lost control, it hadn't happened yet when he had the urge, so the only thing to be surprised about was getting the urge in the first place.
I'm saying that he shouldn't have been surprised about getting the urge because that's human.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I'm saying that he shouldn't have been surprised about getting the urge because that's human.
Would not, could not, should not but did anyways.

He objectively should not have been surprised but since he was "in control" and that urge was manageable for him he was surprised that he failed to do it and was not sure why that happened.

It is highly likely that since he apparently is not fully human these urges (amongst others to drink vampire blood) is stronger than the human urges he is familiar with.

Jul 24, 2020
He objectively should not have been surprised but since he was "in control" and that urge was manageable for him he was surprised that he failed to do it and was not sure why that happened.
Failed to do what exactly? Because I feel like you're still talking about acting on the urge and not just having the urge.

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
I also felt he dropped the mother topic with Uraha too quickly. I mean, my mother is alive and well, but when a 500-year-old vampire tells me they "heard about her," I'd like some more information than that, let alone if she were dead.
It does feel, at this point, that there are a lot of things like that in the game. Part of why I liked this most recent update is that instead of starting a bunch of new events and scenes, it actually focused more on tying off some older threads and events so they had some closure before moving on with other bits.

That said, such closure came with teasing a bunch of future additional characters which... is kinda terrifying to imagine keeping track of all of them.

It does feel like the MC at some point needs to just go, get a coffee somewhere on his own, and just make a list of the things he knows, the things he still needs answers too, exactly how many promised dates he currently has lined up, which of his girls know he is dating which other girls (I picture a big murder-board style chart for that with photos and color-coded bits of yarn indicating who knows he is making out with whom), or else he is going to just have a mental breakdown from juggling this all in his head at this point.

Maybe that is the goal though, a mental collapse so he has a reason to visit the therapist character teased in the most recent update.

Reactions: OhGodNotAgain

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I imagine that is the reason why MC repeatedly contemplated and forgot to start a calendar/to do list.
He constantly is getting distracted by another girl or problem which he gives priority and shoving his own needs and questions aside "to be a hero".
At times at very short notice, like the drinking/fucking with the cougar puma.

Pretty much every day is filled with 4 dates (usually training and 3 events mostly involving one of the girls) he actually has no time to sit back and think, because he neglects that.

I believe once he has helping devices like a car (which buying he contemplated 3 times IIRC) the number of daily requirements is going to increase and not decrease.

The unanswered questions problem likely is going to get worse before it gets better ...

Reactions: Dwarin
Aug 22, 2017
I first started playing this game in v27, so this update was my first update only play. Are all updates this small? I feel like nothing happened. The MC finally figured out he could use the pill to sleep with vamps, but that was just a tease for a future update. We learned how bad things were inside the kitty house, but we already expected that to be bad and...everything else was just teases for other content.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I first started playing this game in v27, so this update was my first update only play. Are all updates this small? I feel like nothing happened. The MC finally figured out he could use the pill to sleep with vamps, but that was just a tease for a future update. We learned how bad things were inside the kitty house, but we already expected that to be bad and...everything else was just teases for other content.
Changelog:
v0.28.1:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The dreaded "small updates" of only 13k words and 231 images.

Either you are "complaining" that a good update is over so soon or you are a (cave) troll.
I'm somewhat leaning towards the later ...

Aug 22, 2017
I just didn't feel like a lot was truly explained. The big cliffhanger from the end of v27 is still a pretty big cliffhanger. The principal danced around what it all meant for a while and then left. All we learned was that you're now betrothed. How/why that is possible, the principal clearly knows, but for the sake of dragging things out, it wasn't explained. And beyond that I didn't feel like we really made any progress with any of the girls. All we got to learn more about was what Claws found after you left the kitty house.

I'm not saying this is a bad update. I'm just curious about how updates progress the story. Is it better to wait for 3-4 updates at a time so you actually see progress, or is this update somewhat of a fluke and they usually do further the story more significantly?

Reactions: crustlord12

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I just didn't feel like a lot was truly explained. The big cliffhanger from the end of v27 is still a pretty big cliffhanger. The principal danced around what it all meant for a while and then left. All we learned was that you're now betrothed. How/why that is possible, the principal clearly knows, but for the sake of dragging things out, it wasn't explained. And beyond that I didn't feel like we really made any progress with any of the girls. All we got to learn more about was what Claws found after you left the kitty house.

I'm not saying this is a bad update. I'm just curious about how updates progress the story. Is it better to wait for 3-4 updates at a time so you actually see progress, or is this update somewhat of a fluke and they usually do further the story more significantly?
With one outlier in version 27 whose update was nearly the double the usual size and which you played all updates prior fell into the range of 10 to 17k words with 200 to 250 images.
Meaning this update is slap bang the average size.

Whether you want to play the updates as soon as they come out or you wait until you have multiple updates to play is completely your own decision.

Reactions: tacosnap123

estrada777

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Mar 22, 2020
Updated Android port. Nothing too fancy but let me know if you have any issues.

Version: 0.28.1 + Gallery Unlock

Appreciate my porting? Leave a Tip! You're supporting my efforts, paying for storage, and encouraging more ports!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ OR or even MEGA

This unofficial port/version is not released by the developer, download at your own risk.

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

Mega

PLEASE don't reply, or @ me, or DM me for updates. I always update my ports, YES I ALREADY KNOW ABOUT THE UPDATE.

1.16 GB

Come find me on Discord:
Updated my android port.

Dwarin

Jul 3, 2018
This was a typically sized update but also wasn't a typical update in that instead of starting a bunch of events or scenes it was really about wrapping up several previous scenes and adding tiny bits of story closure and future setup:

What makes it feel different isn't the size as much as that these were "drama" and not "melodrama" in that they moved the plot along, did the heavy lifting in setting up characters and themes to come, but didn't do so with violence, sex, or explosions which is kind of what we all expect from these games usually in terms of updates.

Reactions: darksouldrinker
Aug 22, 2017
This was a typically sized update but also wasn't a typical update in that instead of starting a bunch of events or scenes it was really about wrapping up several previous scenes and adding tiny bits of story closure and future setup:

What makes it feel different isn't the size as much as that these were "drama" and not "melodrama" in that they moved the plot along, did the heavy lifting in setting up characters and themes to come, but didn't do so with violence, sex, or explosions which is kind of what we all expect from these games usually in terms of updates.
I think that's what felt weird to me. I got to the end and went, "wait that's it?" Despite there being resolution on a couple plot lines it felt like it left a lot of stuff just hanging.

Reactions: crustlord12

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
I think that's what felt weird to me. I got to the end and went, "wait that's it?" Despite there being resolution on a couple plot lines it felt like it left a lot of stuff just hanging.
Plus it hat most likely to do with the fact that because of the cliffhanger yellers the dev got pissy and did what they SAID they wanted.
Basically to show those ... people what they were asking for.

On discord he got both applause and hate for that move.
Mostly applause.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
I've made some signatures of Crimson High's girls. Feel free to use them!

More will come over the next couple days probably.

Don't forget to link them to this thread. :Kappa::illuminati:

Cheers!
Will there be any gifs for the girls made? I know you can't link them to the thread, but I like showing all (or most) of the games I'm playing, especially if they're great like this one is.

4.40 star(s) 89 Votes