Darkhan3D

3D Artist
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2020
I also don't understand all the sandbox dread, since the DEV said it won't have grind.

To me, everything looks fine, except for a couple of flattened tags. Type, footjob if is optional is quiet. Lesbianism, blackmail, and group sex depending on how it is implemented can also be cool, especially if that group sex is MFF.

But what really scares me here is this prostitution TAG. How will this be implemented here, will it once again be like in DIK, where college students will be whoring themselves in the bathrooms? Is it avoidable? I hope Sco Darkhan can clarify without spoiling what's to come. I do not like to get into relationships with prostitutes not, that's kind of another tag that also hate in games. Then I would be grateful for a response from the DEV.

In addition, good luck DEV, the Game looks very interesting.
First of all thanks for your comment.

It scares me too, that people are biased towards the game before chapter 1 is even released.
I definitely have sensible ideas in mind for game and it won't change my mind no matter what people say. But that doesn't mean everyone who plays the game can sit back and see the same story.

Although the choices are not as effective in the prologue version, there will be such important choices in future versions. Also, you can be absolutely sure that you WONT be playing the whole game with only 3-4 girl characters around you at college.

I played a lot of games just like you. I'm trying to make it as good game as I can. Otherwise, I am also a 3D designer and I have fun making it. I just wanted to make a game with the story in my mind. But this sandbox topic... maybe they're right. It might be a better idea not to do sandox.

May 30, 2020
If you want to create a sandbox game - please don't do but if you insist - be careful that the brightness is correct. Renders seems so great...but i can just guess because its so fucking dark i cant see. But so far i dont see any reason why sandbox would be an addition rather than pain in the ass

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Best of luck dude...

First of all thanks for your comment.

It scares me too, that people are biased towards the game before chapter 1 is even released.
I definitely have sensible ideas in mind for game and it won't change my mind no matter what people say. But that doesn't mean everyone who plays the game can sit back and see the same story.

Although the choices are not as effective in the prologue version, there will be such important choices in future versions. Also, you can be absolutely sure that you WONT be playing the whole game with only 3-4 girl characters around you at college.

I played a lot of games just like you. I'm trying to make it as good game as I can. Otherwise, I am also a 3D designer and I have fun making it. I just wanted to make a game with the story in my mind. But this sandbox topic... maybe they're right. It might be a better idea not to do sandox.

Nov 29, 2020
Why is everyone praising renders so much? Room is so dark that it is impossible to see anything, characters look very similar, just different hairstyles and lipstick..

I understand that its too early to judge the game, since only the prologue has been released, but...
The story does not look interesting, just another college game, unnecessary sandbox in the prologue (a waste of time as for me). I think that the prologue is needed to introduce us to the characters, to tell the beginning of the story, to make us interested in the game.

Anyway good luck to dev, see you in a few episodes

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Genuine question, why do people dislike sandbox games so?
I usually prefer sandbox to vn style for daz3d stuff as long as :
- it has enough sexiness to make it interesting when you go around the city (lots of gratuitous voyeur shots, etc)
- it's not super obscure to know what to do next
- it's not too grindy

Last edited:
Reactions: ann87ra

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
Why is everyone praising renders so much? Room is so dark that it is impossible to see anything, characters look very similar, just different hairstyles and lipstick..
I like them, except for the too full/voluptuous mouths. It doesn't look good.

This one in particular :
dvfvd.jpg

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
they are not bad at all, they are just all the same..
I think it looks weird, something less prominent that would gave them less of a perpetual Joker smile, kinda, would have been better, but to each their own.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Promising start if we forget sandbox/click-to-find-something elements that force to do something instead of keeping the storyline going and weird English. I wish you'll find someone that can properly translate your original text into proper English. Both sandboxes made me annoyed because I couldn't leave the room or the gas station without click all "obligatory" spots. The room tour could be handled with a bunch of memories with "choices" to pick up cash or the book. Before leaving Linda called mother mom so you need to do more work to conceal possible incest from Patreon eyes. Also, the render of MC's journal had "my sister" in it very clearly. ;) The gas station sandbox was almost beyond annoying because first I wanted to pass both Valeria and Linda scenes. Then it was weird that MC didn't say anything to mom that Linda wasn't in the car because he just talked to her and the backseat was empty. I didn't like the choice that I couldn't see toilets in the right automatically because usually toilets are marked very clearly in most gas stations around world. If I really needed to pee like MC declared to his mom, I wouldn't want to spend any time talking to anyone before going to the toilet. Not to mention two people plus listening an argument first.

I wish you think very hard if a sandbox element is really needed before using time to implement them because you can do lots of continued storytelling instead of forcing the player to click too many times on arrows that don't provide any other that a new render of a toilet. The one path sandbox element is a type of a sandbox that I really dislike. "Go to pee and buy water" -> minimum of five clicks to active the ONLY available scene -> got water but didn't pee so I have to go outside -> three clicks to Valeria to the ONLY real scene -> then back to girl to ask the location of toilets (instead of following the couple?) and about six correct clicks later the voyeur scene -> then clickety click to mom or Linda if you noticed her sitting outside -> and after Linda scene useless clicks back to mom.

That could have done much better with simple storytelling. Maybe something like this: First going inside to look for toilets and pee. (Maybe the sex scene could happen then and player should choose to watch it or just pee. Then pay the water bottle (water bottles were also by the toilet entry) at the cash register. Chat a while and leave the station. As MC exited the building Valeria could talk with him. And after talking to Valeria MC might see Linda sitting. Or he could see Linda walking to the bench while he was talking to Val. Then the Linda scene and finally leaving the gas station. See, no need to one path sandboxes here. :)

Most characters appeared to be really weird to me but maybe it was because of broken English.

PS. GUI tweeks are nice but some choices about them aren't as usable as Renpy's default functionality. For example, I use lots of save slots for every choice and I rely on the screenshot that Renpy saves with the actual save so normally I could see the highlighted choice. But those (only) 5 portraits slots seem to show only the center of the screen so no path info for me. Also, it's slow to switch from save to load screen via the "settings main menu".

Walnutt

Jan 14, 2021
Sco Darkhan You may want to consider making the highlights a lot brighter or a different color. The dark purple highlight kinda blends in with how dark the room is. It took me an annoying few minutes to see the photobook under the bed when looking around your room. Just an idea to make the sandbox a bit more tolerable ^^

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
I did not get to play, because of the planned tag prostitution, which is something I do not like, depending on how it is implemented, so ask the DEV if possible clarified about it, as will be implemented here. If it's going to be things like we're going to have to post our girls, see we're going to get involved with some prostitute, or just a way to post obsessive content for some updates, and it will be avoidable and not involve any LI. If it's the last way I mentioned, I'll be able to play, if not I'd rather avoid it right away.

So I didn't play it, but I had seen that DEV had said it wouldn't be a grind fest. But from what you and the guy above mentioned, it sounds like it sucks. The minigames by themselves are already a form of grind. So it's another red flag.
I understand what your saying about NTR I know it's just a game, but just like me and you and other players that dislike it we see it as reality and wouldn't want that to happens to us however lets say the people that love NTR what would they say if it actually happened to them IRL they would sing a different tune and yes I might get facepalmed for this comment, but hey just saying it how it is lol.

Reactions: JC07

JC07

Jun 14, 2020
I understand what your saying about NTR I know it's just a game, but just like me and you and other players that dislike it we see it as reality and wouldn't want that to happens to us however lets say the people that love NTR what would they say if it actually happened to them IRL they would sing a different tune and yes I might get facepalmed for this comment, but hey just saying it how it is lol.
Hahaha...For a second I was a blue screen here, wondering where I had spoken from NTR. I saw that it was from the other comment.

But what I want to say is, I respect the choice of each one, be gay, trans, cuckhorn, and anything that is different from my tastes, but respecting does not mean that I agree with them or understand why they prefer it.

In case I prefer VN to the sandbox, but if it is a game that I like the proposed thematica I will play without the slightest problem, since the game is still concentrating in history and not on the sandbox itself (the Grindfest and minijogos). Pq for me what matters is the story and second the fetishe approached for this story.

Johnny Bravo.

May 26, 2017
Hahaha...For a second I was a blue screen here, wondering where I had spoken from NTR. I saw that it was from the other comment.

But what I want to say is, I respect the choice of each one, be gay, trans, cuckhorn, and anything that is different from my tastes, but respecting does not mean that I agree with them or understand why they prefer it.

In case I prefer VN to the sandbox, but if it is a game that I like the proposed thematica I will play without the slightest problem, since the game is still concentrating in history and not on the sandbox itself (the Grindfest and minijogos). Pq for me what matters is the story and second the fetishe approached for this story.
You're never alone when it comes to that kind of discussion my friend and yes as do I respect other people decision about there kinks just wish they respect ours as well about certain tags, but whatever as for sandbox games I really don't mind, but I do prefer VN better. (y)

Reactions: JC07

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Everyone is talking about the sandbox aspect and dark renders, for me, the dialogue makes or breaks a game.
Especially in a game at this level of quality, this is not a cash grab
this game has a lot of thought into the look/atmosphere, the GUI is top-notch, IMO = potential
I guess it's hard to get a good translation/proofreader in this type of media.
I wish Sco Darkhan
Much success

P.S. I usually go in and rewrite the dialogue, because if the renders look good the story should be good too. or at least understandable :giggle:

Reactions: swammy and Skeltom

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Everyone is talking about the sandbox aspect and dark renders, for me, the dialogue makes or breaks a game.
Especially in a game at this level of quality, this is not a cash grab
this game has a lot of thought into the look/atmosphere, the GUI is top-notch, IMO = potential
I guess it's hard to get a good translation/proofreader in this type of media.
I wish Sco Darkhan
Much success

P.S. I usually go in and rewrite the dialogue, because if the renders look good the story should be good too. or at least understandable :giggle:
I do the same thing myself if I really like the premise and renders. The writing has to be somewhat understandable though and I have a particularly hard time understanding this one. I commented about the English earlier today. I have seen worse attempts but it really isn't good.

I don't know how hard it is to find a proof reader or a translator but I cant help but think it would be much better if it were written in their primary language. Sure I couldn't play it but that's not the point. If your target audience are English or Americans you need to at least have a basic understanding of the language.

I assume the Devs do this because the fan base is apparently higher than there home country but wanting to do something and actually being able to do it are two very different thing. I don't want that to come across as overly harsh but it is something to consider. The Dev clearly has potential when it comes to rendering but that's only a part of a VN, a much smaller part than the writing in my opinion.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
The Dev clearly has potential when it comes to rendering but that's only a part of a VN, a much smaller part than the writing in my opinion.
I completely agree, Skeltom. I remember hearing "this book" has been translated into 50 different languages, and I go yeah big deal, now I understand the difficulty. I have heard that the American language is one of the harder ones to learn, so translating from Russian, Japanese, etc. to English must be daunting. plus writing anything like a script or story makes it personal to you, it might be difficult to have someone change it.
Some of the dialogue I see here, I can't even get close to translating :confused:

Example: (sister talking to brother) (typical pervy brother looking at sister in her underwear) :sneaky:

lin "You better get out of my room [name]!"
lin "We don't want to look like this right?" :unsure:

Reactions: Skeltom