quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I'll repeat the sentiment I read others share in this thread: I played the original HTML version a while ago and decided to give it another shot after the most recent update, only to find out that the game is being converted to RPGMaker in a shitty way and that the HTML version available now requires some work to run, as opposed to usual "extract and run" that other HTML games, and this one in the past, usually require.

I considered playing the RPGMaker version, but it's not good. Slides have too much text, rooms are huge and empty, things that should be happening in the game (with the characters moving around and doing stuff) happen in the description only. I'll see if I can get the HTML to work but I hope the Dev will improve that in future updates.

Edit: I can't get it to run lol
plsmakehtmlagain.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Skylark97

descil

Oct 21, 2019
Slides have too much text, rooms are huge and empty, things that should be happening in the game (with the characters moving around and doing stuff) happen in the description only.
I agree with this sentiment, but I was going to wait until I got the newest version and the town was finished before bothering to criticize anything. Pick up, for example, the esteemed and venerable ntrpg (the only other rpgmaker game I've played; just using it as a point of comparison); the developer fills rooms with stuff and puts little sparkles besides objects to indicate that you can interact with them, and then when you do it gives you a description. When you enter the witch's shop in CiC you're given a massive blurb of text and then you wander into the back door and find that the game has been sequence-broken and you're in the clothing store. The player also seems to move twice as far as he ought to for every movement input given.
The writing itself is good but you need to present it better, cut out the excess, maybe play some other rpgmaker games for comparison, and then focus on making the environments presentable.

Skylark97

Dec 11, 2018
Can't get it to run either. Decided to give the RPGmaker version another chance but for some reason the game wasn't generating save folder so couldn't use old saves.

Oh and game spawns you inside a wall when you use Beatrice's changing room and steal from her.

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I agree with this sentiment, but I was going to wait until I got the newest version and the town was finished before bothering to criticize anything. Pick up, for example, the esteemed and venerable ntrpg (the only other rpgmaker game I've played; just using it as a point of comparison); the developer fills rooms with stuff and puts little sparkles besides objects to indicate that you can interact with them, and then when you do it gives you a description. When you enter the witch's shop in CiC you're given a massive blurb of text and then you wander into the back door and find that the game has been sequence-broken and you're in the clothing store. The player also seems to move twice as far as he ought to for every movement input given.
The writing itself is good but you need to present it better, cut out the excess, maybe play some other rpgmaker games for comparison, and then focus on making the environments presentable.
RPGMaker is not bad in of itself, and two perfect examples are Lona RPG and Nymphomania Priestess. The rooms are well done, there are no huge, empty places, the decorations are incredible, and the scenes are amazing, with characters moving around and reacting and special effects whenever needed. Doing that takes a lot of work, though, and redoing a game to reach those standards would take even more. I feel like this is not the kind of game for that level of depth. I would prefer if it stayed lighter, with the same level of content as the older versions had.

Reactions: descil

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I'll repeat the sentiment I read others share in this thread: I played the original HTML version a while ago and decided to give it another shot after the most recent update, only to find out that the game is being converted to RPGMaker in a shitty way and that the HTML version available now requires some work to run, as opposed to usual "extract and run" that other HTML games, and this one in the past, usually require.

I considered playing the RPGMaker version, but it's not good. Slides have too much text, rooms are huge and empty, things that should be happening in the game (with the characters moving around and doing stuff) happen in the description only. I'll see if I can get the HTML to work but I hope the Dev will improve that in future updates.

Edit: I can't get it to run lol
The html5 version is just the way the game is ran through a browser, it's still RPG Maker MV, as I'm not working with Twine any longer. I've been calling it the web version now because it was a bit confusing. Here's a link for the fix to that bug, though I don't know if you still want it knowing it's still RPG Maker.

The issue with textboxes being split up into multiple smaller boxes for larger paragraphs of text is something I’m fixing now. The intro of the game has it where the text box resizes itself to fit entire paragraphs, to give you an idea of how it will look.

Due to how long it took to move everything over to RPG Maker, I decided to leave things somewhat barebones for the sake of time, and have been going back and touching up on things while also adding new content. I’ve just finished adding back all of the old content from the Twine version of the game, so I am now going back and touching up the initial content so it’s as good as the newly added content in the game. The new section of the second dungeon with the boss has exactly what you are talking about with objects around the room you can interact with.

I’m surprised nobody noticed or reported that bug with the door until now. I was just testing things and accidentally left that in, so thanks for letting me know about it.

I’m not sure what you mean about the movement though, auto run is enabled by default, so maybe turning that off would help, but I’m able to move one square at a time as normal.

Can't get it to run either. Decided to give the RPGmaker version another chance but for some reason the game wasn't generating save folder so couldn't use old saves.

Oh and game spawns you inside a wall when you use Beatrice's changing room and steal from her.
I’m not sure what version you are running so I can’t say what the issue with the save folder is. If you are running the hmtl5/web version, then the saves will be stored with your browser. If you are using another version please let me know what it is so I can try to figure out what is causing this problem.

The bug where you get stuck in the wall has been fixed, when downloading the game please apply the latest patch to it, currently 0.12.9. (Currently the download on here has all of the patches up to 0.12.9, but there’s no point to that because you can just apply the latest one, I’ll message the op about that, but I just wanted to let you know you don’t need to patch the game 9 times in a row.)

RPGMaker is not bad in of itself, and two perfect examples are Lona RPG and Nymphomania Priestess. The rooms are well done, there are no huge, empty places, the decorations are incredible, and the scenes are amazing, with characters moving around and reacting and special effects whenever needed. Doing that takes a lot of work, though, and redoing a game to reach those standards would take even more. I feel like this is not the kind of game for that level of depth. I would prefer if it stayed lighter, with the same level of content as the older versions had.
I’m not sure what you are getting at here. You’d prefer if the game stayed lighter, but dislike that the rooms are empty and how characters aren’t moving in events, so are you just restating that you think the game was better suited for Twine?

quiboune

Sep 2, 2018
I’m not sure what you are getting at here. You’d prefer if the game stayed lighter, but dislike that the rooms are empty and how characters aren’t moving in events, so are you just restating that you think the game was better suited for Twine?
I was reinforcing my opinion, yes. Making games with visuals requires that you align the described atmosphere with what is being shown(and that is a lot of work). The magic shop, for example, can't be described as being full of alien objects with a mysterious aura and giving off a cramped feeling when what I'm seeing is not that at all. Describing that in text is fine on whatever kind of game, but actually making the visuals gives it some degree of seriousness, I believe, and this is not the kind of thing that I expect from this game, as the whole thing works around this idea of a boy fooling magic into thinking he's capable of using it.

Reactions: Azerak

coretex

Jun 15, 2017
So having briefly checked out this version from the old twine one.. you seem to be able to do things out of order. In the last few posts.. looks like descil made a comment to this.. as a quick one liner, and it was kind of skipped over. So case in point.. you go to the magic shop.. and then can go right from there, into the clothing store where it talks about needing a bra and other things, when your character hasnt even transformed yet. I also dont see any details about personal stats for the character, but i guess that just has not yet been added into this version. So beyond the movement/stuck issues, are there triggers that will be set to avoid doing things in the wrong order or skipping entire pieces of content because you skipped going to a certain section first?

Geralt_of_Trivia

Jan 27, 2019
So having briefly checked out this version from the old twine one.. you seem to be able to do things out of order. In the last few posts.. looks like descil made a comment to this.. as a quick one liner, and it was kind of skipped over. So case in point.. you go to the magic shop.. and then can go right from there, into the clothing store where it talks about needing a bra and other things, when your character hasnt even transformed yet. I also dont see any details about personal stats for the character, but i guess that just has not yet been added into this version. So beyond the movement/stuck issues, are there triggers that will be set to avoid doing things in the wrong order or skipping entire pieces of content because you skipped going to a certain section first?
i imagine when the game actually gets a hub, atm dev seems to just be adding scenes and fix specifics for events before fleshing out how they are strung together

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
is there a way to visit the clothing store with a completely flat chest?
Growing the players butt either by being defeated by a lizardman a few times or buying a potion from Beatrice will also trigger the clothing store. The idea is that the player doesn't need to visit until either they need a bra or their pants rip and they have to replace them.
The door in the magic shop leading to the clothing store is a bug, which I'll upload a patch to fix shortly. Other than that, nothing should be out of order. There was a bug that made all choices available from the start of the game, but if you've applied patch 0.12.9 to your game then that should be fixed.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
You can only increase it's size once currently, up to seven inches total. I think the only reason it stops was because I wanted an even larger penis to result in scene variations, but I haven't really thought about it since nobody has mentioned it. Currently there are variations that usually depend on whether you are above 4 inches or not. You can shrink down to 3 inches, which is supposed to be locked behind completing some quests, but just checking I realized I didn't do that, so thanks for giving me a reason to check on that.
Hey if you havent though of a nice way to increase dick size, I though of one while playing the game.

Clearly Beatrice doesnt like that we increase the MC's penis size. So we can go on a quest to give her the material she need to make a potion that will increase it further but she is annoyed and says it will cost 100 gold. The MC here can disagree with her and tell her that she should stop controlling them. The MC likes to be feminine but at the same time, have a few extra inches in their package and basically they like to be a dickgirl. If the MC has good realations with Beatrice (they did alot of fun stuff together like going outside naked under the invisibilty spell) then Beatrice will accept this decision and may even start to like it later on.

Also, quick question: we dont need to aplly all the patches that are in the mega folder, right? Only the most recent version of the patch.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Hey if you havent though of a nice way to increase dick size, I though of one while playing the game.

Clearly Beatrice doesnt like that we increase the MC's penis size. So we can go on a quest to give her the material she need to make a potion that will increase it further but she is annoyed and says it will cost 100 gold. The MC here can disagree with her and tell her that she should stop controlling them. The MC likes to be feminine but at the same time, have a few extra inches in their package and basically they like to be a dickgirl. If the MC has good realations with Beatrice (they did alot of fun stuff together like going outside naked under the invisibilty spell) then Beatrice will accept this decision and may even start to like it later on.

Also, quick question: we dont need to aplly all the patches that are in the mega folder, right? Only the most recent version of the patch.
You are correct about the patches, only the newest needs to be applied. That is a possible idea for the potions. Beatrice raises the prices specifically for the player because she thinks a larger penis wouldn't suit them, after all.

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Beatrice raises the prices specifically for the player because she thinks a larger penis wouldn't suit them, after all.
Yeah thats what Im talking about. For example, I like to have my character have around 100 femininity and very low depraved score but at the same time I made them a dickgirl, with big penis, boobs and ass. Does a big dick impact magical power so much, for her to be so against it?

I'm beginning to think there is a story with beatrice that we dont know about.

Last edited:
Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Yeah thats what Im talking about. For example, I like to have my character have around 100 femininity and very low depraved score but at the same time I made them a dickgirl, with big penis, boobs and ass. Does a big dick impact magical power so much, for her to be so against it?

I'm beginning to think there is a story with beatrice that we dont know about.
A big dick doesn't impact things that much, I suspect Beatrice just thinks you would look better with a cuter cock, and inflates her prices to stop you from growing it.

4.00 star(s) 32 Votes