gliderh

Jul 30, 2017
Yep, i would guess it's easier to work on tho.
If i remember right the last one was one twine/sugarcube, whitch are basically the easiest to code for. my 11year old cousin has made some games(they are not good games). it was dumb to switch to rpgmaker for this game, especially because this game doesn't even use any of the fetures that make rpgmaker good in the first place.

ZilBorb

Jul 5, 2019
The dev probably heard this a thousand times by now, but yeah, the rpgm version feels generic and clunky. The old html version was charming in a way, but that's just my opinion. Is there a reason why this has to be ported to rpgm?

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
This is how I imagine my character to end up, if its possible.
I’m sure we’ll get there eventually.

The TFG tags for this include pregnancy, is there any pregnant content actually in game?
As RhapsodicHotShot said, there is currently only one scene, located in the slime home area in the first dungeon.

If i remember right the last one was one twine/sugarcube, whitch are basically the easiest to code for. my 11year old cousin has made some games(they are not good games). it was dumb to switch to rpgmaker for this game, especially because this game doesn't even use any of the fetures that make rpgmaker good in the first place.
Sugarcube is by no means hard to use, but the small errors of mistyping a variable and such were very annoying, and the game got so large that if I wanted to continue using Twine’s interface, I had to compile the game together between multiple Twine projects. There are ways around this, but they all add an extra level of inconvenience, and in the end I felt RPG Maker would be both easier to use and more open in terms of what I could do with it. What are the features of RPG Maker that you think are good that I am not using? Maybe I could add them to the game to improve it.

The dev probably heard this a thousand times by now, but yeah, the rpgm version feels generic and clunky. The old html version was charming in a way, but that's just my opinion. Is there a reason why this has to be ported to rpgm?
There were many little things that made me want to switch to RPG Maker. The main two it came down to was Twine being a bitch coding wise, and Twine limiting what I could do from a gameplay perspective. Twine/Sugarcube is a very good starting place for making a game, because it is quite easy to understand how <<set $intro = 1>> works, even if you don’t know anything about coding. But it was not made for larger or complex projects, at least not for someone with my level of coding knowledge. Having to compile the project together before I could test it with the amount of errors, I tended to make was a huge waste of time and incredibly frustrating, but were completely fixed by using RPG Maker. You can’t misspell a variable in RPG Maker, because you just select it from the list of already established variables. I didn’t have to spend time adding in a mechanic to tell if someone is stunned, and ensure they don’t attack because of that, because in RPG Maker that’s built into the turn-based combat system that the game is built around. There are a lot of other small things that were just much easier to deal with in RPG Maker, and I enjoy developing in it so much more.

In terms of gameplay, RPG Maker obviously adds in a controllable player, instead of just clicking to move rooms in Twine. This adds tons of different gameplay mechanics I can make use of. False walls and hidden passages, timed hypnosis traps of varying color, enemies springing from bushes to ambush you, things like that. And while you could do hidden passages to a degree in Twine, I don’t see how the other two could be done well in Twine. As I mentioned before, combat is also much easier to work with, because basically any mechanic I want to add is either built into the game or available via a plugin. The only thing I recall having a real issue adding was the tempest spell, and that was still easier to do in RPG Maker than it was in Twine.

intpov90

Aug 27, 2019
Hey sorry if this has been asked before but where did you get the cg images from? Or if you made them, what program/models did you use? They're amazing 3d models.

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Hey sorry if this has been asked before but where did you get the cg images from? Or if you made them, what program/models did you use? They're amazing 3d models.
The 3d images of characters was commissioned, the artist goes by Ztrunkinvan. They were made in Daz3D. Glad to hear you like them!

balitz Method

Jan 30, 2018
What are the features of RPG Maker that you think are good that I am not using? Maybe I could add them to the game to improve it.
What people are generally getting at is that it still feels like a ported text game because when you jump to an engine that has a much more present visual element like RPG Maker you need to lean into it more.

It's just a bunch of little things - rooms need stuff in them, towns need NPCs in them, dungeons are claustrophobic straight line walks that rely on text for all the atmosphere (text that often doesn't match with the visuals). RPG Maker content also has to be more back-forth-dialogue driven; some of the newer content is but a lot of the older stuff is still laden with scene-setting exposition that you would now want to show instead of tell. Like in the very first scene, for example, letting the player walk around a blacksmith's shop, pick a weapon to try, and then showing the PC fail spectacularly on a training dummy and is the way you'd expect that to play out in RPG Maker. Meeting Beatrice is the same way: visually nothing is happening. In an RPG Maker scene you'd want to see something like Beatrice dragging the PC into the changing room, then an outfit change, then a ! appearing over the PC's head - that sort of flow. Converting the game so that it feels like it's meant to be an RPG Maker game involves rethinking how each scene plays out. Some things that you'd want to yadda yadda over in text need to play out as a real exchange in RPG Maker and some things you'd need to describe in a text game aren't needed and should be shown through the visual elements of RPG Maker.

Afterlife and Magical Camp are both examples (with the same subject matter) of how to do one of these even with limited access to assets. Seeing how they put their dungeons in particular together would give you a better idea of what people expect and engages them in this format.

Last edited:

RhapsodicHotShot

Oct 25, 2019
Afterlife and Magical Camp are both examples (with the same subject matter) of how to do one of these even with limited access to assets. Seeing how they put their dungeons in particular together would give you a better idea of what people expect and engages them in this format.
Ah yes magical camp, a game which has transformations for almost everything, but the futa tranformations fails. Fucking hate that.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
What people are generally getting at is that it still feels like a ported text game because when you jump to an engine that has a much more present visual element like RPG Maker you need to lean into it more.

It's just a bunch of little things - rooms need stuff in them, towns need NPCs in them, dungeons are claustrophobic straight line walks that rely on text for all the atmosphere (text that often doesn't match with the visuals). RPG Maker content also has to be more back-forth-dialogue driven; some of the newer content is but a lot of the older stuff is still laden with scene-setting exposition that you would now want to show instead of tell. Like in the very first scene, for example, letting the player walk around a blacksmith's shop, pick a weapon to try, and then showing the PC fail spectacularly on a training dummy and is the way you'd expect that to play out in RPG Maker. Meeting Beatrice is the same way: visually nothing is happening. In an RPG Maker scene you'd want to see something like Beatrice dragging the PC into the changing room, then an outfit change, then a ! appearing over the PC's head - that sort of flow. Converting the game so that it feels like it's meant to be an RPG Maker game involves rethinking how each scene plays out. Some things that you'd want to yadda yadda over in text need to play out as a real exchange in RPG Maker and some things you'd need to describe in a text game aren't needed and should be shown through the visual elements of RPG Maker.

These are really good ideas, thank you for the feedback. I had already planned to go back and touch up some of the older content, but I wouldn’t have thought to make things like the intro more interactive like you suggest, but that seems like a really good idea to do. The conversion of the old dungeons is for sure kind of janky right now, even while I was making them I thought it was awkward to have text pop up every few seconds to tell you more about the dungeon, so I’ll go back and take a look at those as well, maybe simplify some of the exposition since it’s not needed all that much anymore.

I like the game, still dont know what RGPM stands for tho...
RPGM Stands for Role Playing Game Maker, which is the software the game is made with.

Is a full MtF in the plans for the future?
I don’t plan to do a permanent full tf for the game, but I do want to have a temporary tf at some point. One idea was to have a dungeon where your gender is swapped while you are in there and exploring.

Um. How the heck do I get out of the Elven Village???
You should be able to just walk to the bottom of the map to leave, if that doesn’t give you a prompt to exit then you may need to apply the latest patch to the game.

Belgaesh

Apr 6, 2019
I don’t plan to do a permanent full tf for the game, but I do want to have a temporary tf at some point. One idea was to have a dungeon where your gender is swapped while you are in there and exploring.
That's really a great shame, I thought that it maybe would be possible to do that in the future as a way to up your feminity and became a real sorceress. I will keep an eye out in the game, but if there aren't plans for mtf which is my favorite TF, I'm sad to say that I've lost interest. Anyway, your game is really well written, I haven't played it since sugarcube, but the scenes are hot.

Thanks for answering StickyIckyCiC!

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

Antosha

Feb 28, 2018
You should be able to just walk to the bottom of the map to leave, if that doesn’t give you a prompt to exit then you may need to apply the latest patch to the game.
Nope. I walk to the bottom of the screen... and nothing happens. (That's how I expected it to work — that I'd hit the bottom edge of the village and get a prompt.)

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Nope. I walk to the bottom of the screen... and nothing happens. (That's how I expected it to work — that I'd hit the bottom edge of the village and get a prompt.)
When you downloaded the latest version, did you also download and apply the latest patch as well? Because I patch out bugs as soon as I hear about them, I do a lot of patching, so instead of re-deploying and uploading everything 10 times I just upload a small patch with the bugfixes. If you apply the latest patch the issue with the Elven Village should be fixed, I forgot to set up the exit in the initial release.

Reactions: Antosha

descil

Oct 21, 2019
The Alraune milking scene doesn't seem to permanently increase your breast size by any amount.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Great game, would be better with CG scenes of the humiliations and transformations
I am getting artwork done of sex scenes now, I had to switch artists so I spent a bit more time looking this time. Not sure if the actual transformations themselves will get scenes soon, that is tricky with a customizable player, because their appearance can be drastically different based on player choices.

The Alraune milking scene doesn't seem to permanently increase your breast size by any amount.
It isn’t supposed to. After the scene, it says “Thankfully, it seems the swelling in your breasts was just due to the milk stored in them, as they are back down to their normal size now.”

Reactions: Outword
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes