bigAl11

Jan 12, 2021
i just had permablackscreen after starting the game, even reinstalled rpgmaker vx ace, does anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Is there going to be any new versions of the game here?
The latest public version is updated here, generally every month when the TfGamesSite link is also updated, though I forgot about updating it for a while last time.
Wait the game has no cgs?
No, the game has cgs, but there are many scenes without cgs. There's cgs for around 25 scenes, but there are a lot of scenes in the game right now.
ok so is this game 3dcg or 2dcg?
2dcg. 3dcg was an optional image pack, which would replace 2d images with 3d ones, but it was discontinued. It is probably going to be continued in the somewhat near future.
i just had permablackscreen after starting the game, even reinstalled rpgmaker vx ace, does anyone have the same problem and/or a solution?
Well, the first thing to note is that this game runs on RPG Maker MV, so you don't have to install an rtp at all actually. Additionally, what operating system do you use? If it's on a Mac, you could try moving the game to your applications folder and/or giving the game folder read/write permissions. If it's not a Mac or those two ideas don't help, let me know.

Reactions: Real1855

bigAl11

Jan 12, 2021
Well, the first thing to note is that this game runs on RPG Maker MV, so you don't have to install an rtp at all actually. Additionally, what operating system do you use? If it's on a Mac, you could try moving the game to your applications folder and/or giving the game folder read/write permissions. If it's not a Mac or those two ideas don't help, let me know.
it's running on win10, 21H2

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
it's running on win10, 21H2
A few basic things to test for a windows issue is to move the game folder temporarily to your desktop to see if it's a filepath issue, or run the game as admin. If that doesn't work, I have a few more questions. Does the black screen start after you launch the game, or after selecting to start a new game? And when the screen goes black is there any audio? If it's after starting the new game, can you press Z a few times and see if you hear any noise? Thanks for letting me know about this.
mega link?
Not sure why they didn't do a mega link on the page this time, here is the mega download link with all game versions and patches. Be sure to just download the version for your operating system.

Reactions: zeingrimm2012

bigAl11

Jan 12, 2021
A few basic things to test for a windows issue is to move the game folder temporarily to your desktop to see if it's a filepath issue, or run the game as admin. If that doesn't work, I have a few more questions. Does the black screen start after you launch the game, or after selecting to start a new game? And when the screen goes black is there any audio? If it's after starting the new game, can you press Z a few times and see if you hear any noise? Thanks for letting me know about this
nope, none of the aforementioned methods ended up working, neither running as admin, running on an acc with admin rights from the get go, or moving the folder to a different hard drive or the desktop before starting the game did anything. There is no audio, the issue starts as soon as I boot up the game, pressing Z did not help(didnt expect it to, the game didnt start after all), the last version I remember running was probably 0.28.

Thank you for your engagement though, it is unexpected and thoroughly appreciated.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
nope, none of the aforementioned methods ended up working, neither running as admin, running on an acc with admin rights from the get go, or moving the folder to a different hard drive or the desktop before starting the game did anything. There is no audio, the issue starts as soon as I boot up the game, pressing Z did not help(didnt expect it to, the game didnt start after all), the last version I remember running was probably 0.28.

Thank you for your engagement though, it is unexpected and thoroughly appreciated.
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, but you are saying you were able to run the game back on version 0.28? That's very strange, as I don't think I've changed anything since then that would cause this kind of issue. If you still want to try a few more things, you could download version 0.28 from this mega link again and test if it still works for you. (You could also test a few versions back with the links on the TfGamesSite page) If version 0.28 works but 0.30 doesn't, I can see what plugins have been added since then, as one of those would likely be the problem. One other potential workaround would be the web version, which hasn't been uploaded on here for some reason. This runs through your browser, but has the drawback of not working with some plugins, so it won't show your paperdoll face during dialogue in-game. Here's the web version for 0.30.

bigAl11

Jan 12, 2021
Sorry it took me so long to get back to you on this, but you are saying you were able to run the game back on version 0.28? That's very strange, as I don't think I've changed anything since then that would cause this kind of issue. If you still want to try a few more things, you could download version 0.28 from this mega link again and test if it still works for you. Mega (You could also test a few versions back with the links on the TfGamesSite page) If version 0.28 works but 0.30 doesn't, I can see what plugins have been added since then, as one of those would likely be the problem. One other potential workaround would be the web version, which hasn't been uploaded on here for some reason. This runs through your browser, but has the drawback of not working with some plugins, so it won't show your paperdoll face during dialogue in-game. Here's the web version for 0.30. Mega
Well, I've redownloaded the new version from gofile instead of racaty, and that worked after some time. Thank you for your engagement though, it was really nice to see.

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
why isnt 0.31 uploaded here?
What swpkmn said, basically. 0.31 will be publicly released in four days though, so I'll be uploading it on here around that time. I usually wait a few days to see if there's any major bugs that need patching before asking for the OP to update this page, so you can check the TfGamesSite page for the game to find it slightly earlier.

Reactions: Arhiippa Pylkkönen

Karl Speidel

Sep 20, 2021
What swpkmn said, basically. 0.31 will be publicly released in four days though, so I'll be uploading it on here around that time. I usually wait a few days to see if there's any major bugs that need patching before asking for the OP to update this page, so you can check the TfGamesSite page for the game to find it slightly earlier.
Thx for replying and not being an captain obvious about it.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I literally just opened the game today. Help. View attachment 1896580
What operating system are you using? These bugs tend to occur on Macs, so I will give you the general troubleshooting for a Mac, but if you are using another operating system let me know. For a Mac, it's usually a permissions issue, so the two solutions are to either move the game folder into your "applications" folder and then run it, or assign read/write permissions to the game folder manually, this link should help.

Reactions: dimaxxxbeq
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes