Mr Technician

Apr 30, 2018
I like the port to RPGM. But have also discovered some "bugs" in RPGM Windows version 10.3:
1. After fight with an Ogre and revisiting the Plains - cannot cross the river/water again, or go back to Elmgar - using Debugger works fine however
2. Got stuck in the Infinite Black Screen (as in pictures below in the spoiler) - after choosing to visit Elf Village, Debugger doesn't work at this point
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: StickyIckyCiC

Elijah Hu

Feb 8, 2018
Bro what's your point with that way of asking things and that random unrelated game ?
I MEAN He must fix the bugs and shrink the size of the avatar of anime edition of the game while refering the other english and japanese rpg maker mv hentai games for updating to newer release.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I like the port to RPGM. But have also discovered some "bugs" in RPGM Windows version 10.3:
1. After fight with an Ogre and revisiting the Plains - cannot cross the river/water again, or go back to Elmgar - using Debugger works fine however
2. Got stuck in the Infinite Black Screen (as in pictures below in the spoiler) - after choosing to visit Elf Village, Debugger doesn't work at this point
Thanks for reporting these, I had been trying to fix the second bug for a while, and I finally figured out the issue, so that should be fixed if you apply patch 0.10.4. For the first issue, there isn’t a reason to go back to the plains at the moment, but I forgot to disable returning there, so that should also be fixed with the new patch. Glad to hear you enjoy the port as well.
Bro what's your point with that way of asking things and that random unrelated game ?
I’m glad I’m not the only one confused here, I have to assume English isn’t their native language, but I really don’t understand what they are trying to say here.
I MEAN He must fix the bugs and shrink the size of the avatar of anime edition of the game while refering the other english and japanese rpg maker mv hentai games for updating to newer release.
But why do you want me to shrink the size of the avatar in the anime edition? Can you provide a picture or explain what the issue is with its current size? I don’t understand. I also have no idea what you mean about updating releases, especially since the game you linked isn’t an RPG Maker game at all, it was made in Unity.

Reactions: Mr Technician

Stompai

Oct 7, 2017
Alright, I get that you want him to shrink the size of anime avatar, for whatever reason. Sadly you're not his boss as far as I know, so english native or not, that's not how you ask things.
Same for the bugs, might have been better to first report the bugs you found instead of just asking to FIX THEM.
And finally, I'm sorry but I'm still not able to understand what you mean by "refering" or that random game link you posted. Is there any relationbetween the two game that even the dev is not aware of ?

Elijah Hu

Feb 8, 2018
StickyIckyCiC would you please shrink the avatar of the character in the game and put it in the dialogue window while refering the english rpg maker game and japanese rpg maker game translated to english below.

1591923209312.png

1591925273200.png

1591923307859.png

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
StickyIckyCiC would you please shrink the avatar of the character in the game and put it in the dialogue window while refering the english rpg maker game and japanese rpg maker game translated to english below.
Okay, so you want the avatars for all characters to appear in a smaller box within the text window, and for the characters face to be smaller. Well, I don't really think that looks particularly better than how characters face images currently look, so I probably won't be doing that. If you also wanted full sized bust images of characters to display on the side of the screen, I could probably do that with the characters who currently have artwork, though I'd planned to just have their full pictures come up during sex scenes.

Capt_WOOD

Apr 24, 2020
I'm using the Mac version and have noticed that the save function seems not to work. Does anyone know of a fix?

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
I'm using the Mac version and have noticed that the save function seems not to work. Does anyone know of a fix?
I've found this as a possible fix.
" ...In case anyone was wondering, what I ended up doing was looking at the filepath given in the error, manually creating the "Save" folder where it should have been, then manually editing the permissions for that folder (requires administrator credentials) so that anyone had read/write/edit permissions for it. It seems that as a .exe program with an unknown publisher, the game was not being given permission to write new files in any location by default. I'm not primarily a Mac user and I did this a month ago so I don't remember the exact steps, but I figured I should come back here since it's unlikely I'm the only one who had this issue. "
There should already be a save folder in your game folder, as I made one to set the default settings and avoid the game blasting it's intro theme through your computer. If the above fixes it, could you also try deleting the save folder and then re-running the game? Since it appears to be a permissions issue relating to the Mac OS, it could be that me making the save folder instead of the game making it automatically is causing an issue. Please let me know if that works, I might need to avoid creating the save file for the Mac version of the game going forward, but there's also a plugin I could try that might fix it. Here is the filepath for where the save folder is for me, not sure if that displays the same way on a Mac but it should give you an idea of where it is. \Output-Mac\CiC 0.10 Anime\Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw

Elijah Hu

Feb 8, 2018
StickyIckyCiC would you mind telling me why do no not you just update the whole game instead of giving version patches?

StickyIckyCiC must i ask why do no not you just update the whole game instead of giving version patches?
StickyIckyCiC I super suggest you update the whole game instead of giving version patches.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
StickyIckyCiC would you mind telling me why do no not you just update the whole game instead of giving version patches?

StickyIckyCiC must i ask why do no not you just update the whole game instead of giving version patches?
StickyIckyCiC I super suggest you update the whole game instead of giving version patches.
Uploading 4gb of game files takes a long time, which is roughly how large all eight versions of the game is. Then players have to download the 500mb game folder as well, which probably isn't a big deal for the most part, but could be a problem for people with slow download speeds. Compare that to a 1.5mb patch, which takes me seconds to upload and takes players seconds to download. It's significantly easier than re-downloading the game, especially with this first version that has needed to be updated six times already, and still has bugs that need to be fixed. Also, applying the patch is as simple as replacing the data and js folders in the game with the ones from the patch folder. It has 1 step and takes seconds to do, and if you had to re-download the entire game, you would have to do the exact same thing by moving the old save folder into the new game folder anyways.

Reactions: Foreal
Apr 30, 2019
Got two bugs, can't save and when I try to exit the options menu it crashes. I tried the method suggested for the saves but every time I try to disable the "read only" it re-activates as soon after I hit APPLY and OK. A little help?

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
Got two bugs, can't save and when I try to exit the options menu it crashes. I tried the method suggested for the saves but every time I try to disable the "read only" it re-activates as soon after I hit APPLY and OK. A little help?
I'm assuming you are also running the game from a Mac here. From what I've seen, un-setting "read only" only changes the properties of the files within the save folder, not the folder itself. I'm not sure how it works on a Mac, but on windows there's a security section when viewing a folders properties, and that is where you would provide full permissions for that folder I believe.

I’ve found another potential fix you can try. Go into your "System Preferences > Security & Privacy" settings and in the "General" tab, there's an option to “Allow apps downloaded from:” and you’ll want to select “Anywhere.”

You could also try downloading the latest Mac version of NW.js from I’m not sure how to run it on Mac, but on Windows I just copied it into the game folder and replaced any similar files, then ran it from “nw.exe” and the game opened normally.

Also for the options menu crash, do you get an error message about a read-only file system? If so, that would point to a permissions issue again. Let me know if it gives you that error, and if any of these ideas fix it. There are some more complicated things I can try as well if these don’t work.

Reactions: LostNumberXIII
Apr 30, 2019
I'm assuming you are also running the game from a Mac here. From what I've seen, un-setting "read only" only changes the properties of the files within the save folder, not the folder itself. I'm not sure how it works on a Mac, but on windows there's a security section when viewing a folders properties, and that is where you would provide full permissions for that folder I believe.

I’ve found another potential fix you can try. Go into your "System Preferences > Security & Privacy" settings and in the "General" tab, there's an option to “Allow apps downloaded from:” and you’ll want to select “Anywhere.”

You could also try downloading the latest Mac version of NW.js from I’m not sure how to run it on Mac, but on Windows I just copied it into the game folder and replaced any similar files, then ran it from “nw.exe” and the game opened normally.

Also for the options menu crash, do you get an error message about a read-only file system? If so, that would point to a permissions issue again. Let me know if it gives you that error, and if any of these ideas fix it. There are some more complicated things I can try as well if these don’t work.
Shit, sorry I forgot to say I run Windows...10 I believe.
I tried changing the security settings but they would revert as well. I'm trying changing the settings directly on my C Drive... mmm. nope wont let me do it that way either. The hell?

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
View attachment 695573
Here's the error message. Also, still no luck with changing the settings.
I've found a similar error on another game, which implies you are getting this because you lack admin rights, is your account not an administrator on your computer? In any case, from what I've seen either running the game as an administrator or moving the game outside of your program files could fix this. If you move the game, I'd suggest moving it to the C drive, so the filepath would be "C:\CiC_Anime_WIN" ect. Let me know if that works, there might be other options to try as well if it doesn't.

Apr 30, 2019
I've found a similar error on another game, which implies you are getting this because you lack admin rights, is your account not an administrator on your computer? In any case, from what I've seen either running the game as an administrator or moving the game outside of your program files could fix this. If you move the game, I'd suggest moving it to the C drive, so the filepath would be "C:\CiC_Anime_WIN" ect. Let me know if that works, there might be other options to try as well if it doesn't.
As far as I know, I am considered the admin, but if you think I am not, can you tell me how to change that?
I tried moving the game to C: but it still didn't allow the change.
I really miss WinXP.

StickyIckyCiC

Donor
Game Developer
Oct 15, 2019
As far as I know, I am considered the admin, but if you think I am not, can you tell me how to change that?
I tried moving the game to C: but it still didn't allow the change.
I really miss WinXP.
I doubt I could explain any of this better than a guide could, so here's what I found.

Also, are you able to right click on "game.exe" and select run as administrator? I don't think you could do that if you weren't an admin, so that's worth a try first.

Apr 30, 2019
I doubt I could explain any of this better than a guide could, so here's what I found.

Also, are you able to right click on "game.exe" and select run as administrator? I don't think you could do that if you weren't an admin, so that's worth a try first.
Ok, it allowed me to run the game as admin, the options are working and when I hit new game it brought up the ability to change how your character looks, which it didn't before and... it is now allowing me to save the game. So I just had to run it as an admin for it to work right.
Thanks for all your help StickyIcky.

• Red Heart
4.00 star(s) 32 Votes