zh

Oct 17, 2017
Hi !
I just tried this game, and this happened just before Day 5 :
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/day5.rpy", line 61, in script
jump day5wakeup
ScriptError: could not find label 'day5wakeupFilter'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/day5.rpy", line 61, in script
jump day5wakeup
File "D:\games\CultureShock-10-pc\CultureShock-1.0-pc\CultureShock-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "D:\games\CultureShock-10-pc\CultureShock-1.0-pc\CultureShock-1.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'day5wakeupFilter'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Culture Shock 1.0
Sun Oct 13 12:22:07 2019
So... I can't even begin day 5, unfortunatly.

Chrathrard

Nov 20, 2018
So... I can't even begin day 5, unfortunatly.
Our hero posted just a bit above you.
For those with the error day5wakeupFilter; try this (not really experienced with the platform, but it went on so /care)

Open day5.rpy and add the following line at #237.
Code:
label day5wakeupFilter:
Save and go on..

It would look like this:
Code:
label day5wakeup:
label day5wakeupFilter:
scene day5mwakeup1
mc "([m]'s making breakfast.)"
mc "(She really goes above and beyond for us.)"
mc "(It's her first day of work and she woke up early to make us breakfast before she leaves.)"
scene day5mwakeup2
mc "(She hasn't noticed me yet.)"
mc "(Let me give her a surprise.)"
scene day5mwakeup3
Oh, and, I guess, your first opportunity to investigate Delmar results in a crash to main menu because that part was changed.

Last edited:
Reactions: najm and zh

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Hi!

And the haters ball gets kicked again! King of Lust and his crew should disregard the posts of most NTR haters. It is obvious that they do criticise something they either did not play or willingly disregard the story parts they do not like.

The new update (bugs left aside for a moment) is really good. Great renders, story stuff for all paths and improving dialogue. Looking forward to "Culture Shock 2"!

P.S. During the new full playthrough I started with the new update, I remembered a bit counterintuitive choice regarding the Aunt. When we are in her sports car after asking her about one teacher and her work, you can either gain Like or Confidence points.
Considering the Aunt´s r
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, it would be a bit more intuitive that the MC gets his blowjob for choosing the Like point as a reward.
But I only got it with choosing the confidence points, without the like points mattering much. In this case I would argue that the aunt would/should reward him for liking him and following her lead even on the alpha route. The confidence boost does not work right here, because it is the aunt who initiates the blowjob. And I think she would do it more for a nephew she likes and can guide slowly onto her line of thought.

Naturally it can be that it is a result of some earlier choices regarding the aunt too.

Reactions: Drag.Knight

DarkSithLord47

Mar 10, 2019
okay so after reading the comments i decided to skip this update (might check it after 3-4 chapters not updates ) cause it obvious that nothing significant is gonna happen on the alpha route any time soon i mean with the family members not side chicks content,for me the real action is with mom and sis since this is supposed to be an incest game.Guess the alpha route is more ''real'' then i thought it was at first...

Reactions: Appu and lint77

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
In the NTR route nothing happened...
It was to be expected.After all they probably will try to make one update mostly NTR,then one Alpha.
For those with the error day5wakeupFilter; try this (not really experienced with the platform, but it went on so /care)

Open day5.rpy and add the following line at #237.
Code:
label day5wakeupFilter:
Save and go on..

It would look like this:
Code:
label day5wakeup:
label day5wakeupFilter:
scene day5mwakeup1
mc "([m]'s making breakfast.)"
mc "(She really goes above and beyond for us.)"
mc "(It's her first day of work and she woke up early to make us breakfast before she leaves.)"
scene day5mwakeup2
mc "(She hasn't noticed me yet.)"
mc "(Let me give her a surprise.)"
scene day5mwakeup3
OK.Is realy devs don't play their games?I can understand they are missing some errors in Unity games like SU,but in Ren'Py you can use CTRL to skip and check if something is broken.

the66

beware, the germans are cumming
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jan 27, 2017
just fyi, none of the orig. scripts of v1.0 nor v0.95 contain a label day5wakeupFilter or a jump to/call of this label. so don't blame the dev.

Reactions: Twelvemonkey

TiffanyMonroe

Forum Fanatic
May 29, 2018
What do you guys think about developers trying to cater to both Alpha/Harem crowd, and NTR crowd? Should they try to cater to both or choose one or the other?
Alpha/harem > Everything.
Mikey Mike I'll tell you this. King of Lust has a vision for the game and wants to get it done. With his current team, he's got a damn good chance of getting the game he wanted to make. This is his baby, his game, his voice. He shouldn't change it for anyone. Not for any soul. He should stick to his vision and remain true. He'll profit. And let me tell you, 7 of the top 25 Adult games on Patreon according to graphtreon feature NTR content with swinging, cuckoldry, cheating and NTR. So your claim is completely false.

I may sound like a broken record..
- There are THOUSANDS of Developers and many are on here.
- Hundreds of them contain ntr and its related fetishes.
We can agree the above 2 are facts.

Now, how many have changed course because of NTR concerns/crybabies?
3 that I know of. Out of HUNDREDS. Many devs have made it optional or added a warning.
But the ones who changed to kill their original vision?? They aren't being developed anymore. They're dead. Gone, abandoned, dust.

Those games that don't change course survive. Those that do die. So if you are crying about NTR and begging the dev to remove it completely, you are flirting with killing the game for good. Why may or may not be your goal.

The takeaway? Devs should listen to their heart, not "internet warriors". With that said, from the beginning, I've had a feeling of confidence in King of Lust pulling this off and getting a few dollars in his pocket.
I like how you're unabashed in your biases. I can really appreciate that don't give a fuck attitude lol

gigan

Engaged Member
Modder
Nov 7, 2017
hey guys,
sorry for the day5wakeupFilter bug.I have create maybe arround 1 -2 weeks ago the patch complete new with a other method. The older method has a limit that i can only change around 700 text lines.And with that i didn´t have that.If i understand that right.The problem was that i didn´t have time to test this complete from new if there is a bug or not.Anyway i hope that i fixed this now.I have updated the incest patch with the fix.Please download that and give me feedback if there is more mistakes

Last edited:

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Boring, endless NTR debate is boring.

Dev finally made a non-ntr centric update in which something actually happened, so you gotta be positive about that, if you don't like NTR, not continue to complain about it.

Quality-wise I have to say, both sex-scenes didn't exactly introduce raging boners into my system, fe. the blow-job from auntie was much hotter imo. They both had a bit of a feeling of "okay, now that's done with," if you get my drift.
That being said, the one with Karla was a lot better
Apart from the sex scenes, the update seemed a bit light on content for about 2 months and fe. I thought that at the final scene on the beach, it would have been a good idea to have the MC hug the Stepmom, after their talk, we are after all trying to seduce her, so that a bit of physical contact, after getting closer to her again, would have make sense.

What felt a bit like being hit over the head with a blunt message was how the MC and I think even one of the girls kept on mentioning how the MC building confidence finally paid off and that it takes time.
Way to give us critics of the slow pace alpha route a real subtle hint. ;)
We get it king-of-lust, your MC can't go from beta to alpha in a day, you have mentioned that one before.

If I had to rate the update I'd give it around a 6 out of 10, if I had to rate the sex scenes the first one would get maybe a 4 out of 10, the second one maybe a 6-7 out of 10.
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad that there's finally progress on the alpha route, but the writing on the sex scenes felt a lot weaker than the usual writing in this game does, in the sense that I felt fe. the bj from auntie was hot and the interactions with Karla before the update were hot, while the actual sex fell a bit flat.

As for that unholy ntr-non ntr debate, can't you guys give it a rest finally?
It's absolutely obvious that the dev wants to do both, that means if you want it to go either only NTR or no-NTR at all that's never gonna happen, so either and I want to say this as direct as possible, shut up and leave the game for good, because it's never gonna be the game you want OR accept it and have fun.
No, that's not me telling you not to share your opinion, but maybe stop running against a wall like Don Quixote on crack, which only leads to endless arguments in this thread and to frustration on the devs part.

PrimeX

I will impreggy your mommy
Donor
May 21, 2019
I don't like ntr, generally. But have played some games before that's supposed to be ntr but I kinda enjoyed. I might too with this one, or not. So can someone please tell me how exactly is this ntr? Wanna know if this is some hardcore shit or something I can tolerate. Thanks.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
I don't like ntr, generally. But have played some games before that's supposed to be ntr but I kinda enjoyed. I might too with this one, or not. So can someone please tell me how exactly is this ntr? Wanna know if this is some hardcore shit or something I can tolerate. Thanks.
The game has three main paths. One is total alpha male with no or only token optional NTR (e.g. Lucas can still happen on alpha, if you deliberately chose to do so. else it does not at all).
Second is NTR in two variants, depending on your choices. One is the happy voyeur, who likes that his girls become cock-happy sluts (and still gets some for himself), the other is unhappy total beta. There is the possibility of a happy total beta, but very hard to get that path going, needs specific choices along the way. NTR is not my main interest, so outside the happy voyeur, I vastly prefer the Diplo routes or the Alpha.
Third we got the "diplomat" routes, where you pick out 1-3 girls you like (for more use alpha route, even 3 is hard on diplo) and pursue only them, the MC does not care at all if the others go NTR or not. One example would be pursuing Mom, Sis and Karla, choosing decisions which bring you closer to them, no matter how it impacts e.g. the Aunt or Sophie.
Important to remember CS 1.0 is just a waypoint of the total game and all paths are still on the middle of the road.

Last edited:

PrimeX

I will impreggy your mommy
Donor
May 21, 2019
The game has three main paths. One is total alpha male with no or only token optional NTR (e.g. Lucas can still happen on alpha, if you deliberately chose to do so. else it does not at all).
Second is NTR in two variants, depending on your choices. One is the happy voyeur, who likes that his girls become cock-happy sluts (and still gets some for himself), the other is unhappy total beta. There is the possibility of a happy total beta, but very hard to get that path going, needs specific choices along the way. NTR is not my main interest, so outside the happy voyeur, I vastly prefer the Diplo routes or the Alpha.
Third we got the "diplomat" routes, where you pick out 1-3 girls you like (for more use alpha route, even 3 is hard on diplo) and pursue only them, the MC does not care at all if the others go NTR or not. One example would be pursuing Mom, Sis and Karla, choosing decisions which bring you closer to them, no matter how it impacts e.g. the Aunt or Sophie.
Important to remember CS 1.0 is just a waypoint of the total game and all paths are still on the middle of the road.
So the ntr is optional then? And I can just choose the alpha route? Also how exactly do you choose a route? Am I gonna be given a chance to choose at the beginning of the game about which route I want to pursue like in Parental Love or it's completely up to me to figure out which of the dialogue choices corresponds to the route I'm going for?

lint77

Nov 18, 2017
So the ntr is optional then? And I can just choose the alpha route? Also how exactly do you choose a route? Am I gonna be given a chance to choose at the beginning of the game about which route I want to pursue like in Parental Love or it's completely up to me to figure out which of the dialogue choices corresponds to the route I'm going for?
NTR depends on dialogue options, For Alpha you will want to go will the dialogue that gives +Confidence

Reactions: PrimeX
3.30 star(s) 81 Votes