Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
The way I see it, the problem lies with the amount of resources that the creator has

If you can only create a limited amount of content in each update you will inevitably have to choose what you are going to give priority, of course the creator will use most of the resources in the content that he likes, leaving everything else in the background, this it's neither good nor bad it's just the way it is

and that was visible in this game, until this update came out an inequality in the content of the routes was clear, but now they are even and hardly anyone could deny it, I think the game is in a good place now ,it only remains to see what will happen next

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
7 of the top 25 Adult games on Patreon according to graphtreon feature NTR content with swinging, cuckoldry, cheating and NTR.
So, if that's the case, most successful games don't feature NTR.
The problem with NTR is that it's mutually excludent with the straight man who likes harem route (majority). Since it's roleplay, first person games, a common man doesn't to roleplay a cuck who wants to see a lot of man fucking women. The regular Joe wants to see and fuck a lot of women as the MC.
For example, by watching a movie, there's no role play, it's a third person view. It's the same reason why most people don't like exclusive female MC for roleplaying.
It's natural for devs to want to cater to everybody in order to maximize earnings, but some features, like cuckoldry, are too incompatible with mainstream.
There are a lot of cuckold games exclusive games for that audience, but the mix with harem story turns out to be detrimental for the progression of the game at least, like what's happening with this game.
Sure, the game won't die, since it's optional what you play or not, but it'll be a long wait for the content everybody wants.

Appu

May 22, 2018
Here's my compressed version.

Culture Shock [v1.0] [King of lust] - Original Size: 1.11 GB

Download Win (471 MB): - -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thank you for your service

Reactions: playb0y44

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Back on topic, folks. Back on topic. Notice how I said more than once that this game has a general vision? I did discuss that King of Lust has ideas of what he wants and that the game is being developed how he wants. The point is, even games with NTR content succeed and that I have confidence his team can pull it off and get a few dollars. So I pointed how how I know that it can be done.
This is talking about the game and pointing HOW I know there's a way. I know there's a will and I don't think you guys want to break a dev's will to continue. That won't end the NTR games. There will always be another one waiting. It's a game of whack-a-mole and you will never get them all. But trying to either break a game or force it to your fetishes seems very, very selfish when there's literally thousands of other games available. There's thousands of vanilla games for you. If you don't like this particular fetish, just move on to the thousands and thousands of other games out there.

Let a man live his own life. And make his own game.

Paprika

Aug 14, 2017
Where it all began has only one optional NTR character that i know of, the slutty girlfriend, main story is alpha fun. The dev tries to give some variation without alienating most of the people.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I completely agree with you. There has been great success with dev's who haven't quit on their vision and went through with both route's. I'm wondering, do you consider Babysitter to be a game that has done well on both route's?. I played it and i really felt that they did a good job to.
I haven't played it.

It's one that's on my to play list but i've not got round to it yet.

From what i've heard it does manage both quite well.

K47

Jun 19, 2018
In addition and agreement to what Avaron1974 and some others said:

Making up interesting stories, writing etc are not exactly like plugging in different number to a simple equation for different (predictable) outputs. The humans who are making the stuff have their strengths and weaknesses, they maybe able to write a very good story about one situation but not another. So skills, experience, interest etc of the developer / artist are also important factors which most of the audience / players usually do not consider when making suggestion about things (in my limited experience), and naively acting on all the feedback seems like a recipe for a lot of bad emotions for a lot of humans.

byran47

Jun 8, 2017
These are the most unbelievably inconsistent characters I have ever experienced in a long time. Its almost like a parody at times. And there is just so much damn talking in between the sex content (atleast in the Alpha route) that its hard to even want to continue after a certain point.

Last edited:
Reactions: joe316
Jan 24, 2018
If I was a developer I would create the majority backbones of the game's story before starting development. That would solve all the NTR vs alpha route debate since then you'd be able to make sure that plot was evenly distributed in the beginning. But unfortunately indie adult video game developers who go to kickstart route does not have that luxury because during that pre-development phase you are still burning money. But maybe the second and further games can be developed with this mindset and would be much more productive in my opinion.

rciik

Jun 5, 2017
For those with the error day5wakeupFilter; try this (not really experienced with the platform, but it went on so /care)

Open day5.rpy and add the following line at #237.
Code:
label day5wakeupFilter:
Save and go on..

It would look like this:
Code:
label day5wakeup:
label day5wakeupFilter:
scene day5mwakeup1
mc "([m]'s making breakfast.)"
mc "(She really goes above and beyond for us.)"
mc "(It's her first day of work and she woke up early to make us breakfast before she leaves.)"
scene day5mwakeup2
mc "(She hasn't noticed me yet.)"
mc "(Let me give her a surprise.)"
scene day5mwakeup3

Exiler

May 7, 2018
Is there a sex scene between your step mom or your step sister yet? No matter what choices I make I haven't seen any sex scene with them? Or am i doing something wrong?

KyoriKusagami

Nov 10, 2017
:FacePalm: Wow! Are the complaints still going? I think the sentence "You can't please everyone." is strong here.

Independent the comment from the haters, the update was really great for me.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

King of Lust, you don't listen to the comments from the haters because you can't please everyone, I think you already noticed that. You keep your original idea and you do your game the way you love, it's easier to work that way, you're doing a good job(for me, at least).

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes