DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I'm totally with you. Non-NTR fans don't like seeing their girls with others - and maybe the NTR fans don't appreciate how much it bothers people who are sensitive to that when they talk about it.

But I don't believe that only non-NTR fans immerse themselves in the characters. NTR fans immerse too. I care about Sunny on both paths and if Marcus treats her badly on beta path I'm going to want to burn his house down with him and his damn car in it.
Uhm, you know when a player like Marcus would be dating my sister and turn my sis if had one into his sex addict and having his harem of whores hanging around him, I would suspect I would already be wanting to talk with him with a baseball bat. I know I might be bit of an asshole and should let my sister handle it herself or make her own choices, but I really would have to hold myself back in such a case. :p Now that would be different if he dropped his harem and such. Like I said I immerse in a game so have the same feelings when it happens to someone in a game that is portrayed as my sis. :p

Reactions: Mayonesa and D Dog

harsha_26

Jun 1, 2020
I think dev should give a poll to non-ntr fans on how should MC humiliate marcus in Alpha Path. I will vote for "Mc fucking sophia, while marcus is watching, but unable to get his dick hard because of over drug use, and sophia humiliating him by calling "Beta cuck". And he should drink mc's cum after the sex session.

See, how extreme my kinks are? But I'm not a ntr fan. Also these types of above scenarios never happen in alpha route. Because it is fucking boring romance route.

MrDL

Nov 11, 2017
Like I said what feels like a year ago and again a couple months ago, the "Alpha" route should be renamed because it's misleading and to me it's seemed like there was a clear there was a change in direction that happened with that route when the game got redone and simplified to where there's effectively a hard split between two routes.

OK, I have no issue with people who don't like the game, for whatever reason. But storyline shouldn't be an issue, because the main plot has only been touched on thus far. It has focused more on the day to day of the MC; when his mom's boss becomes more involved, then we will get the main plot. Why did his aunt insist the family move out there? Who exactly is Weiku, how does he relate to Liza, and what does he want? You can point out that it is taking a while to uncover the plot, but there has been plenty of action.

Using Acting Lessons and Being a DIK as examples of great storytelling is problematic. First, I will admit that Acting Lessons was my favorite story in a game . . . until the ending. The characters, especially the two female leads and the friend, were very well-written and enjoyable. Just the story of a guy rebounding after a horrible betrayal was compelling. Then, the dev introduces the murderous stalker. Ugh. That was bad enough, then he
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Being a DIK takes its name too literally, and makes every character a complete jackhole. Were I the MC, a hell of lot more dudes than just the whiny-ass roommate would get their asses beat. I quit at the fraternity pledge testing to break into the other frat. The game was a series of characters screwing over the MC, while the MC is damn near Rain Man in his acquiescence to the abuse.

I watched as many people exploded over Acting Lessons. It is still a great work, but it has its flaws. Being a DIK is a slog through a sewer of shitty characters. @kingoflust is doing a great job, and he does engage with fans. I would give it time (especially if you are not ponying up any dough) and see what happens.
It's less the MC being the stereotypical "alpha" bullshit but more the MC being assertive and confident that was hinted at before the changes instead of the boringly vanilla "nice guy" the MC has been made instead. There's no rivalry between the MC and Marcus, friendly (the "Diplomat") or otherwise despite that kind of seemingly being the direction it was leading to, the reaction to that scene that got removed/altered with the MC meeting Tracy's boss/Weiku at their home while Marcus is upstairs with Sunny and being unable to do anything about either because KoL forgot to add the ability to cockblock both of them damaged whatever direction was intended, at least it seems that way to me and instead there's now a hard split with no crossover or ability to change, the stats are pretty much meaningless.

The love, corruption, slut and I could've sworn there use to be another but maybe I just suggested "domination", could've lead to event triggers for scenes but it seems like that all got dropped which I can understand since variables such as that would make things possibly more complicated but after two years Culture Shock, again in my opinion, has been scaled back from its original potential and expectations should've been reigned like, in a year ago.

Last edited:

Doctorshemp

May 3, 2020
Like I said what feels like a year ago and again a couple months ago, the "Alpha" route should be renamed because it's misleading and to me it's seemed like there was a clear there was a change in direction that happened with that route when the game got redone and simplified to where there's effectively a hard split between two routes.

It's less the MC being the stereotypical "alpha" bullshit but more the MC being assertive and confident that was hinted at before the changes instead of the boringly vanilla "nice guy" the MC has been made instead. There's no rivalry between the MC and Marcus, friendly (the "Diplomat") or otherwise despite that kind of seemingly being the direction it was leading to, the reaction to that scene that got removed/altered with the MC meeting Tracy's boss/Weiku at their home while Marcus is upstairs with Sunny and being unable to do anything about either because KoL forgot to add the ability to cockblock both of them damaged whatever direction was intended, at least it seems that way to me and instead there's now a hard split with no crossover or ability to change, the stats are pretty much meaningless.

The love, corruption, slut and I could've sworn there use to be another but maybe I just suggested "domination", could've lead to event triggers for scenes but it seems like that all got dropped which I can understand since variables such as that would make things possibly more complicated but after two years Culture Shock, again in my opinion, has been scaled back from its original potential and expectations should've been reigned like, in a year ago.

Is that the reason Sunny always blows Marcus at the beach? I tried my hardest to get her as tame as it could be on the beta route until this point and wondered why i can't get the outcome where she just wanks him.

Mayonesa

Apr 2, 2020
Does anyone know what kind of content will come in the next update? (More amount of NTR or NON-NTR)

Knowing the dev of the game, there will be lots of NTR, with threesomes, foursomes or even an orgy and meanwhile the non-NTR path will be lucky if we get a kiss or a HJ, but nothing with the main girls because that's not "realistic", but they will we fucked again in this update in the NTR path because that path doesn't need realism.

And let's not forget that in the non-NTR path we will have to choose to do a thing or other (like the dev forced on us this last updates), aka missing content, while if you play the NTR path you will have all the content without needing to choose.

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
at least it seems that way to me and instead there's now a hard split with no crossover or ability to change, the stats are pretty much meaningless.
That is not correct. The stats still have relevance! Maybe not quite as much as before, but they still have impact. If you are on alpha or a diplomat run with Tracy you can see this clearly. For instance, when the MC goes shopping with Tracy late in the current build, if you peek on her changeing and have under 25 love points, Tracy will give you a tonguelashing. If you have 25 or more love points, Tracy still catches you, but is ok with you getting an eyeful.
And on diplomat runs in general you can see the stats at work quite well. I have runs with both alpha and beta stuff in the same run, depending on which girls I focus my attention. You need to finetune your point allocations on diplo runs and some of the tipping points are NOT directly obvious.

DarkKaiba666

Oct 26, 2017
you can see the current status for the next update on the patreon page.

Next update status of chapter 2 v0.5
Rendering 50%
Writing 60%
Coding 00%
That's great? Well it would have been nice for real communication at least on patreon man.

Does that sound wrong of me to ask? If one looks at the trend, the update will take another month or two to come out.

Not saying I don't love the game but....I believe many people have expressed frustration with the pace at the very least. They are at their goal and claimed to work on it part-time as a real job...but as you can see..

EDIT: The reason I say this is I'd love to give them more support on Patreon but it's impossible to trust the development atm. The longer between releases the more likely of the developer to change director, staff to switch projects, work on an additional project, ect.

Reactions: acondo

King of Lust

Game Developer
May 10, 2017
That's great? Well it would have been nice for real communication at least on patreon man.

Does that sound wrong of me to ask? If one looks at the trend, the update will take another month or two to come out.

Not saying I don't love the game but....I believe many people have expressed frustration with the pace at the very least. They are at their goal and claimed to work on it part-time as a real job...but as you can see..

EDIT: The reason I say this is I'd love to give them more support on Patreon but it's impossible to trust the development atm. The longer between releases the more likely of the developer to change director, staff to switch projects, work on an additional project, ect.
It has been 2 years since my game is out and only had 1 writer changed 4 members recruited. So your that point on me does not make any sense. And about the longer release thing my every update consist of more than 500+ renders and 7+ animations. Making them takes loads of time. I am not like other big famous developer who will just make 100+ render and release update in every 15 to 20 days. They use 15 to 20 lines of dialogues in 1 img which makes and feels there update bigger. But in my game I try to make maximum img to show different visuals in most of dialogues. So this explains why we take more time.
And about your communication things come on how can you say that what communication are you expecting there is status bar in the page. And I am always free to reply anyone who wants to talk with me about the game here in f9 or in patreon.
At the end I can only say to you that please don't degrade this game or provoke other by putting meaningless and fake allegation. This really hurts the reputation and when new peoples reads this type of posts then they don't even try the game.

3.30 star(s) 81 Votes