• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Maybe the other male characters get to conquer 1 specific girl depending on if the MC wants that to happen, but the truth is that right now I would say that most of the girls are disputed between the MC and Marcus. Marcus was created with the intention of being the main rival of the game? Or was there an intention that there were several rivals without any main rival?
Marcus seems to be the main challenge. The bartender has likely tagged the aunt and now the mom (if you let him), but I don't see his crossover appeal. Marcus has access to all college personnel, the MCs family, and his own family (Sophia included). He is central, much like the MC. I can't believe that would be a coincidence.

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
Marcus seems to be the main challenge. The bartender has likely tagged the aunt and now the mom (if you let him), but I don't see his crossover appeal. Marcus has access to all college personnel, the MCs family, and his own family (Sophia included). He is central, much like the MC. I can't believe that would be a coincidence.
no doubt Marcus seems the main rival, in general all the male characters seem to have a chance to get some girl, except the redhead John (at the moment I do not feel any kind of rivalry towards him)

Reactions: mickster101

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Id have to agree Marcus does seem to be the main challlenge however a rival as good as long as he is beatable which he is since you can avoid him having his way with the mother and sister

U

User_17502

Maybe the other male characters get to conquer 1 specific girl depending on if the MC wants that to happen, but the truth is that right now I would say that most of the girls are disputed between the MC and Marcus. Marcus was created with the intention of being the main rival of the game? Or was there an intention that there were several rivals without any main rival?
no doubt Marcus seems the main rival, in general all the male characters seem to have a chance to get some girl, except the redhead John (at the moment I do not feel any kind of rivalry towards him)
Id have to agree Marcus does seem to be the main challlenge however a rival as good as long as he is beatable which he is since you can avoid him having his way with the mother and sister
Marcus will be a constant rival in the game but each girl will have their own proclivities so they will not all fall for Marcus. There will be multiple rivals throughout the game and at least one for each romantic interest.

That being said Marcus will have a continuous presence within most areas of influence for the MC. Whether that is a good or bad thing will depend on the players actions.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Marcus will be a constant rival in the game but each girl will have their own proclivities so they will not all fall for Marcus. There will be multiple rivals throughout the game and at least one for each romantic interest.

That being said Marcus will have a continuous presence within most areas of influence for the MC. Whether that is a good or bad thing will depend on the players actions.
That might be a good thing he can distract the other rivals while the player focuses on the ones he wants in my case its the just the sister so far though that might change

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017

That would be much more realistic, but I always like the magic of one dude getting them all (or the vast majority), be it the MC or another alpha (based on my actions). It doesn't have to be girlfriend route, just if the MC is not alpha, then the MC catches that one guy nailing each chick at least once.

Shirafune

Jun 6, 2017

Tbh, imo the best course of action would be to let Marcus remain a threat to every girl he has contact with that MC knows (just harder for him to get the ones that are less interested in him), whilst adding other rivals that have higher chances from start like you did wht Lucas who got into Tracy's pants on first date (also i didn't think she'd be this slutty xD). Somehow I'm also happy that it seems that we won't see any of Lucas x Tracy cause as Aunt said he only does it once if I recall. On the other hand Marcus was clearly interested in Tracy. Can't also wait until we see aftermath of Coffee Shop Girl x Marcus, if we ever do

Twelvemonkey

Oct 12, 2018
Marcus is not a real threat. He may be a cocky narcissist bastard but still have some respect for the MC. If MC said stop, then he will stop. What I want is a rival who can't be stop once he's unleashed.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Tbh, imo the best course of action would be to let Marcus remain a threat to every girl he has contact with that MC knows (just harder for him to get the ones that are less interested in him), whilst adding other rivals that have higher chances from start like you did wht Lucas who got into Tracy's pants on first date (also i didn't think she'd be this slutty xD). Somehow I'm also happy that it seems that we won't see any of Lucas x Tracy cause as Aunt said he only does it once if I recall. On the other hand Marcus was clearly interested in Tracy. Can't also wait until we see aftermath of Coffee Shop Girl x Marcus, if we ever do
Tracy is the sister right i must have missed that scene granted i was playing trying to keep the sister for myself the other girlsdidn't have much intrest though that might change

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Tracy is the sister right i must have missed that scene granted i was playing trying to keep the sister for myself the other girlsdidn't have much intrest though that might change
No, Tracy is the Mom, Sunny is the sistet. You got them crossed, so Sunny is still save in your game (for now at least).

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
No, Tracy is the Mom, Sunny is the sistet. You got them crossed, so Sunny is still save in your game (for now at least).
Oh that's good id hate to have to share the sis though i might want to keep both the mother and sister to my self im sure there is plenty of other girls for marcus and others

Jan 24, 2018
Even though if Marcus gets the majority of the women please make it realistic at least. Not because "Woah he has a really huge godzilla dick, he should definitely fuck me." but more about how he takes the manly initiative role, how he is able to connect more efficiently with people etc. Because there is a line where after the antagonist starts to build his harem it might suddenly turn into a 13 year old's sexual fantasy. Culture Shock has that potential to be the unique game where you can get both the netorare and the netori experience at the same game depending on your actions.

mickster101

Aug 14, 2017
Even though if Marcus gets the majority of the women please make it realistic at least. Not because "Woah he has a really huge godzilla dick, he should definitely fuck me." but more about how he takes the manly initiative role, how he is able to connect more efficiently with people etc. Because there is a line where after the antagonist starts to build his harem it might suddenly turn into a 13 year old's sexual fantasy. Culture Shock has that potential to be the unique game where you can get both the netorare and the netori experience at the same game depending on your actions.
Yep, a more realistic approach is so much more satisfying. Cannot stand meet and f#$k games, where women are always snail-trailing around, just waiting for that donkey-dicked dude to show up and pound them to oblivion. As I said earlier, Marcus has a great deal of history with many of the women, so he could have early on encounters that have no effect on the MC if on the alpha route; MC just takes over from there. This allows sex that is possible early in the game, while the MC is finding his footing.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Yep, a more realistic approach is so much more satisfying. Cannot stand meet and f#$k games, where women are always snail-trailing around, just waiting for that donkey-dicked dude to show up and pound them to oblivion. As I said earlier, Marcus has a great deal of history with many of the women, so he could have early on encounters that have no effect on the MC if on the alpha route; MC just takes over from there. This allows sex that is possible early in the game, while the MC is finding his footing.
Id have to agree though i wish the stats made a little more sense yes the corruption stat is really sex explanitory however the slut and love stats have confused me if i go high love do i still get to bang the mom and sister or is that on just slut stat

3.30 star(s) 79 Votes