iamtheman000

Mar 6, 2018
Haven't played the new update but I'm certainly looking forward to it. Hoping there's at least a bugfix though before I to go play it.

ScornedBeef

May 30, 2022
Yo anyone know, how do you meet Connor? I remember it being at the restaurant but i've done that a thousand times and nothing. Was it changed?

Nameless420

Aug 30, 2018
briansarmiento nailian klaustidus0

Just deleted 2 lines. Not a fix, but it lets you play the game without Xavier from that point on. No clue what passage is supposed to be instead of xavier51 and don't feel like bothering to look for it right now. Should be save compatible...

Zuul

Dec 2, 2016
Kinda assumed that would happen. Usually when you do an overhaul of your system in these games content ends up getting removed or reworked.
This "overhaul" has been over a year of minor rewrites (ironically making the writing worse), significant content removal, and barely any backend changes. It's all just an excuse to recycle the removed content later and handwave why each update has progressively less content added than the last.

iamtheman000

Mar 6, 2018
This "overhaul" has been over a year of minor rewrites (ironically making the writing worse), significant content removal, and barely any backend changes. It's all just an excuse to recycle the removed content later and handwave why each update has progressively less content added than the last.
I'm just gonna be straight up.....it's a free game. If you're paying for it I understand but it's free. Even then when you give Shax your money it's just to show support. No benefits. Just don't pay the dude.

Candy1970

Jan 14, 2018
Maybe i am confused of not finding it but can't really see what is new in this update.....rich road still does not advance ....you can't do the bimbo upgrades .....I see some things broken or missing..... like the brother content is just meeting him in the shower ....and it seems like a lot more is missing or changed than was there before.....along with the xavier 51 error that locks the whole damn game up

Niloc

Sep 23, 2016
Caleb and Xavier seem to be the only new things (along with some damien updates that were clearly forgotten and broke that whole route). This game is the only game where I feel like it loses about as much as it gains each update. And it never seems to update the paths that seem to imply they will be updated (like bimbo, mom background, rich road etc).

Reactions: jojogeo

iamtheman000

Mar 6, 2018
Being free doesn't mean it's immune to criticism or somehow not milking supporters.
Oh I agree. Criticism is valid no matter what. I just think it's weird when people say he's "milking" his Patreon supporters when in reality.....is he really? You don't get any benefits or rewards for doing so. The Patreon posts are free for everyone to see. If you're paying you're doing so just to show your own personal support.

Dyemeter

Sep 17, 2019
Being free doesn't mean it's immune to criticism or somehow not milking supporters.
You're right about criticism but I think you're wrong about the milking the supports part..

A lot of projects like that work with either small teams or they're solo projects. As iamtheman000 said, backers usually know what they're signing for. I've backed project that wouldn't release in periods of 6 months but kept paying either way. Even when these creators were having tough patches and admitted not working on said project for some weeks sometimes.

Backers pay because they enjoy the created content and want to see more, best way of doing that is supporting the artists developping the games you like.

Reactions: awa999999 and Niloc
4.30 star(s) 45 Votes