Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Okay...one more question. Apparently there is some mountain where you can go get some materials. I know the red portal takes you to the maze, but can someone tell me where do I need to go to get to that mountain?
There is a sign near where you first enter the skycity. It has the word tickets written above it :) Using that you can do expeditions to the surface. You have to do a few things in the city before it's activated tho.

Sarukami

Jan 22, 2018
There is a sign near where you first enter the skycity. It has the word tickets written above it :) Using that you can do expeditions to the surface. You have to do a few things in the city before it's activated tho.
Oh, that explains it. Still getting the hang of the game. But so far it is quite interesting and fun to play.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Seems okay so far, but ... why is the game struggling soooo badly with capitalization and the (apparently?!) fiendishly complex concept of "a full stop ends a sentence and a comma doesn't"? I'd understand having some trouble proofreading inside of RPGMaker, but that doesn't seem to be the issue. Instead it's just Randomly a capital letter Somewhere, sometimes you get run-on sentences like this one, why?! ... not talking about a misplaced comma splice somewhere, just really the fundamental concept of what a comma and full stop is ....

I guess I should have known from the description, but ... I mean. It's nothing difficult so who expects that to be an issue throughout the entire game, for every dialogue?! ^^;;;
Yeah I tend to struggle with where to place commas in general. Punctuation and grammar isn't really my strong suit. I'm dyslexic and that seems to manifest as trouble with these kind of things. I try and make sure that at the very least the sentence structure and the intent of the punctuation is clear. Even if it isn't always correct. I'll try and do better :) I can often do better when i really focus but when I creatively write it tends to be a stream of consciousness thing. Like I'm imagining the characters talking in my head and that has a tendency to bleed into the punctuation in odd ways. I've tried to town down my use of ellipses but I'll also try and do better with this. But it's a bit hard to proofread sometimes when it looks right to me y'know? Also rpgmaker doesn't make it easy XD

Last edited:
Reactions: PyoT

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
Trying to "Talk" to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, if she's working in the windows, slows the game down so much it doesn't trigger any scene. Dunno if it should at this point, but trying a few times it's just not happening for me (buying sex works fine ^^; ).

e: Also, dunno if this is just me, but is there a point to doing longer expeditions? Feels like you just get punished with potential Game Overs ...

Last edited:

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Trying to "Talk" to
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, if she's working in the windows, slows the game down so much it doesn't trigger any scene. Dunno if it should at this point, but trying a few times it's just not happening for me (buying sex works fine ^^; ).

e: Also, dunno if this is just me, but is there a point to doing longer expeditions? Feels like you just get punished with potential Game Overs ...
I'll take a look at that Gabriella Issue.

Longer expeditions have stronger enemies that are worth more xp and drop better items. And when the permit system comes into play next update and you can start to fill out the zones it will be required to access the later nodes so you can build there. Also there are some quests or scenes that just require you to get to those later nodes. Spamming short explorations at first is certainly safe. But longer runs will give more progress. But beyond the occasions where you are required to do larger runs then simply spamming short runs to be 'safe' is an entirely legitimate tactic and not an approach I wanted to actively discourage. How you approach this system is up to you. Also you may not have noticed but you get x2 and x3 the items, kulta and influence from medium and long expeditions respectively. So you still get about the same results from the business side of things per node explored.

If you are arguing that longer expeditions aren't rewarding enough then all I can say is feedback received :) I'll take another look at the balance. Longer runs should be more dangerous and riskier. But also more rewarding. If they don't feel that way then that's a problem I'll need to address.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I'll probably write some more detailed impressions once I get to the end of the current content but right now, yes, it feels like longer expeditions need a little more balancing. Without giving things too much thought I'd consider the following:
- do away with Game Over. You just are send back to base, there's some message about how your party had to retreat, you lose some money for extraction/whatever. That way, the main negative of potentially unluckily running into a boss fight when your team is half dead or otherwise not prepared isn't so big (I don't know how you're doing scene triggers so that might be fussy though). Given that the game otherwise doesn't seem to do fail states it feels like it'd be inline with its design (to me anyway).
- give a bit of a bonus to resource gain. Like instead of 1 normal run = 2 small runs have it be 1 normal run = ~2,5-3 small runs. Just that little bit extra. Tougher enemies and such can be as much a penalty as a reward, but more resources are definitely a reward. The occasional failure isn't so bad when it's compensated for by extra gains.
- possibly some sort of "bail out" item you can buy and use to escape (outside of battle). That mitigates some danger in exchange for money/resources though you'd still need to be careful not to let yourself get murdered (or to accidentally commit suicide via the escape mechanic which would be totally stupid and absolutely definitely is not something I ever did).

Well, who knows. Might just be me being crap at the game ;)

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
It's all valid suggestions. I'll see how it shakes out. Certain problems will naturally ease as the game progresses. Particularly getting access to more solid mana potions. Right now the conversion of plant resources to hp/mp is very inefficient. Which though cool rp wise is somewhat counter intuitive. I've been thinking of adding a new category of consumables to cover the early game. a bit better.

I've got 3 ideas I'm tossing back and forth between.

1. Allow the player to condense demonic energy to make essence crystals that can heal hp/mp/tp.

2. Make some cooking events and add drops to mobs to create buff food. I also thought this could be cute as it could involve the MC recruiting his harem as taste testers. And could lead to some cute scenes.

3. Allow the player to distill potions. By sacrificing X of a lower tier potion you coudl get the higher tier. Which would allow you to create more effective potions via mass production. Which will become a lot more viable in the next patch.

Allowing the player to manage his resources more effecively should allow them to challenge stronger enemies with less risks. But I'll also look at buffing the rewards a bit. That being said once you fill up an exploration zones construction sites that's gonna be a LOT of resources regardless.

Reactions: SpecterX

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
how do i use city permits and level 2 resource buildings??
City permits are used in city exploration zones. Right now the only one is the Maze Alleys.

Level 2 resource buildings take a permit and are constructed in level 2 zones. Right now only surface level 2 is available and it's in the Khiveras Caverns.

cavebear

Mar 5, 2019
City permits are used in city exploration zones. Right now the only one is the Maze Alleys.

Level 2 resource buildings take a permit and are constructed in level 2 zones. Right now only surface level 2 is available and it's in the Khiveras Caverns.
thanks for the quick responce.

SpecterX

Apr 29, 2020
The stuff with Laverna might not be triggering because you haven't trained with Absinthe yet. You need 120 Absinthe affection to see the pre scene for this. And 150 affection to unlock the full training sequence.
I have the same problem, I can't find the templar you're supposed to interrogate.
Also talking to Laverna show "you don't really have too much to talk about" and I have 120 Affection for Absinthe.

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
I have the same problem, I can't find the templar you're supposed to interrogate.
Also talking to Laverna show "you don't really have too much to talk about" and I have 120 Affection for Absinthe.
The scene with laverna should trigger automatically if you have done absinthe's training sequence. Please send me your save so I can verify if this is a bug or just in need of more signposting.

PyoT

Sep 3, 2020
I had some issue with this too, if I recall correctly. The solution was redownloading the full game; it somehow worked then (don't remember whether I previously had a patched version or what).

Other than that I think everything worked smoothly for me. I did had some glitches here or there with sprits not disappearing or whatever, but nothing that didn't resolve itself quickly.

Overall this game was a pretty great find. Interesting setting, actual story, decent characters, and some actual gameplay.

I do think combat and exploration can get a bit tedious and some additional encounter variation might help; also, while I do like the strong rock-paper-scissors sorta combat (over just having to grind levels) it's sometimes a bit annoying to having to remember what works where ^^; Maybe it'd make sense for Jet to have some "Scan" ability that displays vulnerabilities?

Also - been a long time since I did anything with RPGMaker - but it feels like some of the standard "Attack"s could be replaced by the default skill, so you don't need to go through the hoop of special attacks (ie the kunai throw).

Writing is okay except for the massive proofreading issue (as said before). Sometimes it's a bit too anime/litrpg to me, especially when the girls have some sort of problem and always-ready-to-have-an-instant-solution dude talks about it and then it's (more or less) solved ^^; But, eh, whatever. So long as it's not tooo overdone.

Some of the navigation/setup can be a bit clunky; like for example you got the Harem, but also the harem girls in a window outside, and then you also got that repeat menu thing ... it feels like all in one place would better. And just generally navigation and such ... well, it's a RPG Maker game.

I'm surprised by the amount of art in the game; that's quite impressive. And not just sprites and such, full cg, so to speak. Yes, pretty impressive. There's some bits where I felt some additional responsiveness would be nice - like the working girls more dressing up for that (okay, sometimes they are just nude, which I guess also works). But I understand that that'd just make even more work and complicate things, so eh.

But, yeah. Nice project and weird how little attention it seems to get here. dunno if it's the RPGMaker thing that makes people look elsewhere or what. Does deserve some more attention I think ;)

4.50 star(s) 4 Votes