4.60 star(s) 19 Votes

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Hello, again!

Besides developing for Chapter 3, I had my chance to learn some more stuff in Blender too - and honestly? It's been a blast. Here's a little something for everyone - the resolution is 1440p, the native resolution is 16K and it's available to patrons. Did some dumb ass experiment and it took 16 hours to render.

I called this piece Morning Light. :ROFLMAO:

KatBathv3_1440.png

Here's a taste of how detailed the 16K can be:

1685821184073.png

Cheers, everyone, and see you next time!

Yours sincerely, DiPeppo

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Hello, again!

Besides developing for Chapter 3, I had my chance to learn some more stuff in Blender too - and honestly? It's been a blast. Here's a little something for everyone - the resolution is 1440p, the native resolution is 16K and it's available to patrons. Did some dumb ass experiment and it took 16 hours to render.

I called this piece Morning Light. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 2672778

Here's a taste of how detailed the 16K can be:

View attachment 2672781

Cheers, everyone, and see you next time!

Yours sincerely, DiPeppo
This is honestly some impressive progress in the span of a year, and I'm beyond excited to see just how far you'll take the visual quality and FX down the road!

Keep up the fantastic work! <3

• Red Heart
Reactions: DiPeppo

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
This is honestly some impressive progress in the span of a year, and I'm beyond excited to see just how far you'll take the visual quality and FX down the road!

Keep up the fantastic work! <3
Thank you as always, Slick, and you are just in time for the new Blender render too! I forgot to share this earlier.

Cheers!
Meredith_Pool.png

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
So what is that future incest tag for? Some 11th hour reveal? An M. Night Shyamalan plot twist? Nanomachines...son?

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
So what is that future incest tag for? Some 11th hour reveal? An M. Night Shyamalan plot twist? Nanomachines...son?
Good question! I will answer below, but it will include spoilers. Only proceed if you are ready!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Sorry for the long ass message, but I hope that helps. If you have any further questions, I would be more than happy to answer ya. Enjoy the rest of your day/night!

Last edited:

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
I reckon everyone deserves to know what's happening, so here's what I put up on Patreon (available for public also):

Hello there.

I don't really know how to start this post, so I will just say it frankly. I decided to make this post public, so everyone would be aware of the situation. This diary post will be heavier on the personal side than the updates side - so you do not have to read this. If you are interested in reading only in the Cyberheart updates, then please skip the next three paragraphs and move onto the fourth.

The past two weeks have been somewhat up and down for me for family reasons. As you already knew, my grandfather was a big reason why I went back home after a few years of not visiting him - as I mentioned, due to my visa, then COVID, then schools, etc. I also mentioned that I was glad that I made it for the trip, that it was a memorable trip, and that I wouldn't have any regrets after the trip because I already visited him, spent time with him and everyone in my family. "What will happen, will happen.", I said.

Well, I uh, I kinda lied. I do regret of not spending time with him more, though I am aware that no amount of time would never be enough. My grandfather has weakened tremendously compared to a month ago when I visited him - more tired, harder to walk around, that kind of stuff. I knew that it would be a miracle right out of the gate with what we were told when he started treatment, but he said to me: "Some battles are worth losing, should it happen,"

Frankly, I already knew how losing a close family member would feel like - in my case, my own father, a few years back in an accident. I thought I would get...used to it by now? It's inevitable anyway. But yeah, death never feels easy as a topic to talk or even think about, especially when it might be knocking on your family's door. Not jinxing myself yet - but I'm just in that phase of preparing myself mentally; which I thought I am already prepared, but turns out, I am not.

Anyway, as I said in our Discord, I would say the progress is okay-ish. We are done with the basketball sequence, and I'm currently working on the rest of the scenes. I have commissioned folks to import some maps from Unreal Engine and DAZ to HS2 to fasten the process - and the maps look pretty nice with some testing already. You have seen my collab post so there's that too. I am still trying my best to make end of July the deadline for the rendering phase, so end of July to mid of August would be for adding in the choice, adding in music, cleaning up, debugging.

Just sharing some personal notes not because I need some sympathy, but this is solely for the folks to know what's happening. I want to be fully transparent and not dodgy about stuff. I am sorry if this post brought your mood down, for projecting this to be faster than what it is right now, and sorry in advance if I appear to be grumpier, not as active, or slower than I should be in the updates process. I am still doing my best to escape what's clouding my thoughts now, you know, keep the coast clear of any stupid thoughts that won't lead to anywhere. I will do anything in my ability to bring Chapter 3 to life soon.

Till next time.

- Yours sincerely, DiPeppo

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I reckon everyone deserves to know what's happening, so here's what I put up on Patreon (available for public also):
There is another dev I've been supporting who apologized for slow progress on updates. He's a developer from Ukraine, and was apologizing for a situation that was out of his control preventing progress for something he took on as a passion project. What I said to him is what I'm going to say to you as well:

"Your personal life and health ALWAYS comes first. You should never have to justify stepping away from a project if it's due to something personal, nor should you feel obligated to explain it in detail if you don't wish to.

(This next paragraph was written because I'm a Patreon supporter, but the message remains true in this case as well)
I'll continue supporting the project unconditionally. Once your situation improves and you're in a stable place, then I'll resume basing my contribution on the quality of your work. Until then stay safe and take care of yourself as best you can."

I hope the road to healing is a gentle one for you. When the time comes that you feel ready to continue working on your project full-time we'll be here eagerly waiting for what's to come. Until then, I wish you all the best and hope things get better soon /:)

• Sad

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
There is another dev I've been supporting who apologized for slow progress on updates. He's a developer from Ukraine, and was apologizing for a situation that was out of his control preventing progress for something he took on as a passion project. What I said to him is what I'm going to say to you as well:

"Your personal life and health ALWAYS comes first. You should never have to justify stepping away from a project if it's due to something personal, nor should you feel obligated to explain it in detail if you don't wish to.

(This next paragraph was written because I'm a Patreon supporter, but the message remains true in this case as well)
I'll continue supporting the project unconditionally. Once your situation improves and you're in a stable place, then I'll resume basing my contribution on the quality of your work. Until then stay safe and take care of yourself as best you can."

I hope the road to healing is a gentle one for you. When the time comes that you feel ready to continue working on your project full-time we'll be here eagerly waiting for what's to come. Until then, I wish you all the best and hope things get better soon /:)
Thank you for your kind words, slick. It's just a matter of time for me before I can move on - so don't worry, one way or another, I will be able to do so.

I will still work on the update though - that was a heads up just in case I am not able to stick with my words or not as active. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: slick97

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
So uh, Imma try to cheer up the thread a bit by showing an animation I did just yesterday (for a close friend's birthday, who was among the folks who helped me when I started developing).

And this is for everyone who wonders how the future animation will look like - so imagine something like this, but (hopefully) a bit better.

Stay safe, folks!

View attachment Meredithbeach.mp4

DiPeppo

Developer of Cyberheart
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2022
Played it once, but now can't launch it without errors... Help ? :)

View attachment 2775165
Huh, interesting...I've never seen this error before. I will look into this and get back to you soon. Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: Hol up, I gotta ask - I assume you played Chapter 1, and is now trying to play 0.2? Meaning that you never played 0.2? Because 0.2 requires a new playthrough! The old 0.1 save won't work with 0.2.

Last edited:

Zigzou

Jun 9, 2023
Huh, interesting...I've never seen this error before. I will look into this and get back to you soon. Thanks for letting me know!

Edit: Hol up, I gotta ask - I assume you played Chapter 1, and is now trying to play 0.2? Meaning that you never played 0.2? Because 0.2 requires a new playthrough! The old 0.1 save won't work with 0.2.
Only played on the 0.2

• Wow
4.60 star(s) 19 Votes