dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
I'm a little surprised at 1Thousand's number of patrons, 131 right now. I expected a higher number considering the success of Deliverance. To compare, by default I'll just use Lust & Passion as an example, who currently has 1,729 patreons(~13 times more). The system is broken, everywhere we look ;).
How do you mesure the success of deliverance?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
I'm a little surprised at 1Thousand's number of patrons, 131 right now. I expected a higher number considering the success of Deliverance. To compare, by default I'll just use Lust & Passion as an example, who currently has 1,729 patreons(~13 times more). The system is broken, everywhere we look ;).
has been broken since beginning, best scammers get 5 digit sum per month from patrons while other devs get much less.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
has been broken since beginning, best scammers get 5 digit sum per month from patrons while other devs get much less.
People spend their money where and how they please, likely where they preceive they get their value. You don't have to like it or agree with them but no reason for butt hurt.

The devs who earn less do so for a reason, either people don't enjoy what they do enough to pay them orvthe people paying them are not paying them enough, no mystery there.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
People spend their money where and how they please, likely where they preceive they get their value. You don't have to like it or agree with them but no reason for butt hurt.
not butthurt but if dev doesn't provide any actual content on game just some weird updates to keep patreon happy and getting 15k (or more) from gullible idiots every month while devs who actually provide good content get fraction or less of that.

Reactions: Turret and Aristos

Aristos

Forum Fanatic
Dec 28, 2017
The update is coming out in like 2 weeks the dev has a day job and has to balance work while making this. He's doing everything he can so you'll be able to play it ASAP if you want to support his Patreon it'll increase the chance of him working on it full time
He wasn't talking about 1Thousand. Read the conversation.

I wholeheartedley agree with cxx on that: if two devs actively work on their games but only one of them is successful, probably that one is doing things better than the other for whatever reason; however, if of two devs only one is really working while the other one is making the big bucks, it's the industry and the fanbase that have a serious problem.

Reactions: Turret
Nov 1, 2022
He wasn't talking about 1Thousand. Read the conversation.

I wholeheartedley agree with cxx on that: if two devs actively work on their games but only one of them is successful, probably that one is doing things better than the other for whatever reason; however, if of two devs only one is really working while the other one is making the big bucks, it's the industry and the fanbase that have a serious problem.
my bad

Reactions: Aristos

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
Lust & Passion at least have a product. Chris Roberts has been selling imaginary space ships for over 10 years and has made hundreds of millions of dollars.

bacienvu88

Aug 3, 2021
I was trying to keep it grounded to similar products, VN's in particular. On a grander scale things will undoubtedly look more slighted, thus my broken system comment.
My point was more that even successful VN:s don't make that much. It's not like making a VN is a get-rich-quick-scheme.

JustPeekin

Mar 21, 2020
Release dates.

Hi!
Dropping a quick but crucial dev update! Let's get to it!

Release schedule:
- 15.04 - $25+ Patrons - Gigachad, Aegis CEO, Agent Cock tiers.
- 20.04 - $10 Patrons - Brain tier.
- 25.04 - $5 Patrons - Thief tier.
- 30.04 - $1 Patrons - Muscles tier.

Changelog:
- 1320 renders,
- 57 animations showing only sexy time,
- 30+ new ambience and SFX tracks,
- 19 new music tracks
- new systems: Exploration Phase, job system, messaging system, characters bio,
- minor bug fixes (delete save prompt)
- minor UI improvements

Also, I'll post one more preview before the release!
Stay tuned!

Take care!

4.40 star(s) 35 Votes