Shadinx2

Apr 19, 2020
Goddamn mega and their download quota. It says that those 4.92 giga are above the quota. Can someone post an alternative link?

terirheken

Jan 7, 2019
Goddamn mega and their download quota. It says that those 4.92 giga are above the quota. Can someone post an alternative link?
If you have dynamic IP use Chrome browser, DL until it's at the limit. reconnect your router/modem to ISP in order to obtain new IP. Now you can resume.
Works only in chrome for me, not FF. Haven't tested any other browser yet.
Alternatively use nopy link.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Okay been playing the new version. Overall this has represented a decent chunk of new content for the game. But I feel there are a few things that are worthy of particular notice.
The game is continuing its trend of trying to address and notice previous decisions and having characters react accordingly. This is something praiseworthy for any game trying to be part of the RPG genre in general. However this is something ambitious to achieve in a game like this which is not strictly linear as keeping track and ensuring that events are only referenced when appropriate and making sure that any relevant issues are commented on will become increasingly convoluted as the game progresses. One instance where this is already visible is the masturbation scene regarding the subway mutant. If you masturbate to him prior to the event where you patrol the subway station Aline still gives dialogue as though she met him there and experienced that event already (when I encountered the bug I initially thought I had misremembered the scene where he harasses her right at the game start only to find the correct context when patrolling the subway later.)
The game is going along strong in regards to new additions to animations with the quality remaining consistent with the work found earlier in the game. However as the game cycle begins to settle in with free roam I do think it would be beneficial if recurrent animations encountered through the day to day such as when exercising at the police station could have there animations skipped either through a mouse click or an option at the start of the event as having to wait for the full animation to play each time is tiresome.
EDIT: After verifying a comment from MemesAreLife it turns out that a right mouse click will skip the animations so consider this complaint dropped. It didn't occur to me to try due to right clicking messing up the textbox in normal play so it is good to know.

One thing I find unambiguously praiseworthy is that throughout the content released so far there has been a visible and consistent effort to acknowledge and make relevant the upgrades that have been purchased with any thing from minor flavour changes all the way up to entirely new options opening up depending on what upgrades you have acquired. This if applied consistently will be a great boon in the game going forward to make players choices in upgrades feel like they matter.
The new story portions remain solid if unexceptional writing, the main thing to say is the writing is consistently better than what was seen in Chronicles of Leridia at similar stages of development so it shows Maelion has improved as a writer through time and experience and hopefully continues to do so.

On the whole a very good update. A lot of content to chew through especially if you want to see the story and scene variations based on previous choices.

Last edited:

Aiden

Oct 1, 2016
Okay been playing the new version. Overall this has represented a decent chunk of new content for the game. But I feel there are a few things that are worthy of particular notice.
The game is continuing its trend of trying to address and notice previous decisions and having characters react accordingly. This is something praiseworthy for any game trying to be part of the RPG genre in general. However this is something ambitious to achieve in a game like this which is not strictly linear as keeping track and ensuring that events are only referenced when appropriate and making sure that any relevant issues are commented on will become increasingly convoluted as the game progresses. One instance where this is already visible is the masturbation scene regarding the subway mutant. If you masturbate to him prior to the event where you patrol the subway station Aline still gives dialogue as though she met him there and experienced that event already (when I encountered the bug I initially thought I had misremembered the scene where he harasses her right at the game start only to find the correct context when patrolling the subway later.)
The game is going along strong in regards to new additions to animations with the quality remaining consistent with the work found earlier in the game. However as the game cycle begins to settle in with free roam I do think it would be beneficial if recurrent animations encountered through the day to day such as when exercising at the police station could have there animations skipped either through a mouse click or an option at the start of the event as having to wait for the full animation to play each time is tiresome.
One thing I find unambiguously praiseworthy is that throughout the content released so far there has been a visible and consistent effort to acknowledge and make relevant the upgrades that have been purchased with any thing from minor flavour changes all the way up to entirely new options opening up depending on what upgrades you have acquired. This if applied consistently will be a great boon in the game going forward to make players choices in upgrades feel like they matter.
The new story portions remain solid if unexceptional writing, the main thing to say is the writing is consistently better than what was seen in Chronicles of Leridia at similar stages of development so it shows Maelion has improved as a writer through time and experience and hopefully continues to do so.

On the whole a very good update. A lot of content to chew through especially if you want to see the story and scene variations based on previous choices.
Thank you for this, theres no spoil and i'm more hype than ever to play it :)

MemesAreLife

Feb 23, 2018

You can skip the animated scenes via right click, if text repeats then right click again

Reactions: Seamonkey

ThisIsMe88

May 12, 2018
Good game, but why RPGmaker ?

RPGmaker explains the bad performance drops even on a good computer and also the interface issues (freezing animations, right-click, etc.). Choosing Ren'Py or something similar (because let's be honest, this is a VN, not a RPG) would make the game much more enjoyable to everyone.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Good game, but why RPGmaker ?

RPGmaker explains the bad performance drops even on a good computer and also the interface issues (freezing animations, right-click, etc.). Choosing Ren'Py or something similar (because let's be honest, this is a VN, not a RPG) would make the game much more enjoyable to everyone.
When describing the game in the past such as on there patreon Maelion has described the game as a hybrid of rpg and VN so it is entirely possible that some of there ambitions of the project in regards to the rpg part that are more easily fulfilled with the RPGmaker engine.
That aside there is also the fact that there previous project was an RPGmaker one so transitioning to a different engine would mean abandoning anything they learnt about working with RPGmaker and starting afresh which is no small ask and at this point also mean working on porting several hours worth of gameplay so even if something like Ren'Py was just objectively better in development terms there would still be the question of if it was worth the effort porting everything over.

RestIn

Aug 15, 2017
When describing the game in the past such as on there patreon Maelion has described the game as a hybrid of rpg and VN so it is entirely possible that some of there ambitions of the project in regards to the rpg part that are more easily fulfilled with the RPGmaker engine.
That aside there is also the fact that there previous project was an RPGmaker one so transitioning to a different engine would mean abandoning anything they learnt about working with RPGmaker and starting afresh which is no small ask and at this point also mean working on porting several hours worth of gameplay so even if something like Ren'Py was just objectively better in development terms there would still be the question of if it was worth the effort porting everything over.
+ Python is not for everyone to say at least. I’m really interested how many developers on this site actually enjoy creating games with Python. I wouldn’t be suprised if majority of them not exactly fans.

shadow415

Oct 14, 2019
Is there anything in it that justifies the 5 GB download size or is it just horribly unoptimized and uncompressed ?

MemesAreLife

Feb 23, 2018
Is there anything in it that justifies the 5 GB download size or is it just horribly unoptimized and uncompressed ?
there's quite a bit of new stuff that's been added and new scenes, i think it's the animated scenes that make up most of the size. So i think it's safe to say that the animated scenes and a bit of optimization is the current lead to large file size.

Reactions: shadow415

aaronleach

Sep 15, 2017
I hope he keeps the no game over thing the whole game like he said in this update. Like if the end result of a battle would be them been taken back to the rift to be sax slaves have a legendary Slayer save them after a while and he could use the legendary Slayer as a way to have a crossover with Chronicles of Leridia by have the legendary Slayer be a reincarnated Sylia who can't remember her past life and have it where we try to get her to remember her past life but have that be like at the end of the game as a side quest.

naglover

Aug 15, 2016
Are there any interactions with Charlotte in the gym this update? I've done the police missions, but nothing changed.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes