Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
EDIT: After verifying a comment from MemesAreLife it turns out that a right mouse click will skip the animations so consider this complaint dropped. It didn't occur to me to try due to right clicking messing up the textbox in normal play so it is good to know.
You don't have to right mouse click. You can use space bar or esc. button to skip animations. Very nice feedback, it helps.

Reactions: Seamonkey

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
Hey Maelion - thanks again for taking the time to share your work here!

I've previously played/reviewed v .2, and my thoughts on that release are here. I've had a chance to play through v .3 as well, and wanted to offer some feedback.

First off - the reactivity and scope of the game continue to be very impressive. Even as the amount of content has grown, the sense that both big and small choices actually matter to the characters is still there. The overall quality of the game is high, and considering that this is a solo effort, that's a real achievement.

Rather than repeat myself from earlier (and most of my thoughts on v .2 still hold here), I'm going to mostly focus on the major new aspect introduced in this update - the "free roam" mode.

Free Roam

This was largely an excellent expansion of the gameplay. However, it did accentuate some downsides to the existing systems, and exposed some new writing/characterization troubles. Details below:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Additional thoughts

I'll finish off by addressing one ongoing writing/world building issue that has been nagging me from the beginning of this game - the lack of variety in the personalities of the NPCs.

Thanks for reading, and thanks again for sharing your game!

Last edited:

elistraee

Feb 25, 2017
nice!
compared to chronicles of lerida, renders improved alot!
aline is cuter than lerida and second characters are also very hot!

Naitogādian

Staying Mysterious
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
Cyberslayers v0.3a Compressed.
Win: - -

Original Size: 4.92 GB
Compressed Size: 966 MB

*This unofficial version is not released by the developer, it may break the game.

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
loshad
An interesting analysis that I had already read in April and that highlights areas where I need to improve.

The characters around Aline are somewhat similar but not all. Doctor Lucius is different from Raph for example but it is true that Ben looks like Fred.
I hope to bring in different traits when the bonds are stronger.
I'm also thinking of adding more contrasting male characters, but consider that a possible route requires real work over time.

The free roam shortcuts will come but the project is still too young to see the practical possibilities. It's a bit of a slog but should improve once the routines are well in place. There is still the night phase and so I prefer to avoid touching the deep mechanics so as not to sabotage the variables.

Finally, corruption can have several levels for Aline depending on who she has a relationship with. She can be very naughty "in spite of herself" with strangers and prudish with Raph at the same time or Fred...etc.
The difficulty is to harmonize a global corruption, it would be necessary to have a universal gauge but it is complex and I did not think the system sticks to it.
In fact the gym scene happens a bit by accident, Aline is not corrupted, she is trapped in a situation from which she cannot escape and she takes a liking to it. She doesn't really change, she is forced to.
On the other approaches, Aline keeps the same attitude according to the skills and the links.
Only the "trap" situations reveal her traits in a somewhat brutal way.

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
I just cannot seem to find certain perks to unlock, like superjump or play doll? Other than that my only other gripe are missions that are introduced but when you try to start they state they are not available until next version (which is when by the way?). I'm a huge fan of Urotsukidoji and Mad Bull 34, so I like the cop/monster combination.

jems242

Dec 9, 2020
Hope the game has more side mission and free roaming, like the game a lot so far and glad it lets you know you're about to start a new part of the story because it's like 30 minutes of content without any saves, not bad but I'd rather have a bit of freedom during those missions to explore etc.
Also love the sexy pose stuff and it's great that npcs can/do react to it sometimes, clothing changes would be neat too, and sexier clothing worn in public or something when she builds a meter to be more daring

Jun 20, 2017
Running into download issue. Says title is corrupted. will edit with proof shortly
[Edit]
1630459751174.png
Gives me this every time i open the file. This is thru Nopy and Anonfile.

loshad

Jun 25, 2020
An interesting analysis that I had already read in April and that highlights areas where I need to improve.
Maelion

Thanks for engaging with my post(s) and I'm glad you found the analysis interesting!

Before I respond in more detail, let me say again up top that I think your game is one of the more impressive efforts in the genre. My posts/reviews tend to spend more text on the "suggested improvements" - but that's only because I feel I need to justify and explain the reasons for why I think an element or feature could use some tweaking. On balance, the game is already very strong, and has excellent potential for the future.

With that in mind, detailed response behind spoiler, to spare those scrolling through:

Thanks again for reading, and I look forward to your future releases!

Yellow Pheaver

Jan 20, 2019
so i cant go anywhere once i unlock free roam is there something im missing?
skill play doll 1 im not seeing it, how do i unlock it?

Last edited:

Maelion

Game Developer
Sep 10, 2017
loshad I see what you mean. I'm thinking of a better way to make the player understand Aline is coming from another sector (Alpha) where there's no mutant and no ugly guys at all. I have something in mind for that. It will be shown in the future.
Aline didn't spent 18 years with ugly boys, she's just discovering the world by moving to sector B.

Patsy221

Feb 10, 2018
even though i have barrier of deviance unlocked, i cannot unlock barrier of indecency and sex doll, can anyone tell me why?
2021-09-01_171621.png 2021-09-01_171525.png 2021-09-01_171512.png

Patsy221

Feb 10, 2018
Probably because there is no content locked behind theses traits yet
if I remember correctly, I unlocked them in previous update, I have no way of proving that because my hdd crashed a month ago and my stupid ass didn't keep the backup of all the save data in cloud.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
I just cannot seem to find certain perks to unlock, like superjump or play doll? Other than that my only other gripe are missions that are introduced but when you try to start they state they are not available until next version (which is when by the way?). I'm a huge fan of Urotsukidoji and Mad Bull 34, so I like the cop/monster combination.
There are traits and powers off the screen when you go to the upgrade screens. Arrow keys and enter are more reliable ways of moving around that screen than the mouse is. Go to the Phantasm screen, move to physical header, press enter, then down arrow to find the superjump perk.

Reactions: Seamonkey

HeroHate

Oct 10, 2019
There are traits and powers off the screen when you go to the upgrade screens. Arrow keys and enter are more reliable ways of moving around that screen than the mouse is. Go to the Phantasm screen, move to physical header, press enter, then down arrow to find the superjump perk.
Will have to check again, I thought I went through them all. Still cannot find "PLAY DOLL I". Found it, thanks, wasn't responding for me before??

Last edited:

prostetnik

Jun 21, 2019
Hi, I like this update a lot!

I have one tiny question, is there only the one slayermission with Kasbah, or am I just to stupid to find them?

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
Hi, I like this update a lot!

I have one tiny question, is there only the one slayermission with Kasbah, or am I just to stupid to find them?
I believe there is only the one. Trying to go to the Slayer HQ to start a mission just results in the message that it will appear in a future edition.

4.60 star(s) 73 Votes