l590268

Jun 27, 2018
Went from one of the best artstyle in erogames to something that seems like ai shit.....
stuff like this is why there should be an archive of old versions for games, like i'm not expecting old versions to constantly be reuploaded but at least leave the old links there instead of scrubbing them when a new version is out

Warawau

Feb 17, 2019
wait! what?! why? is this real?! i missed a couple of patches.
what the fuck was wrong with the original art? key word being *original*. now it looks generic as shit.
did he say why was he doing a rework?
As other have stated, there is the possibility that Milda is using AI and doing some editing to not make it look so AI.
Of course we can't be completely sure about that.

There was nothing wrong with the old style so it begs the question as to why he would change it.

SirLanceInRot

May 5, 2023
Went from one of the best artstyle in erogames to something that seems like ai shit.....
it looks ok, not horrible really.
But his previous artstyle is superiour in every way possible
This game has a meh game loop, horrible progression system(sometimes you really don't know how to progress, even with smartphone), time mechanic is a waste of your time(no pun intended), each day you have 24 possible time slots when something could happen and sometimes you need to stand in one place and skip day hour by hour to progress, because usually milda doesn't specify wich hour some particular event could happen(I would just cut that hour system to 4 time slots:morning/day/evening/night), oh and dialogues are not that good either.

So what was so good about that game? That's right - character designs, animations and artstyle.
With that old artstyle gone - character designs are not that hot either, whoops
and if they're not as hot, what's the point in animated scenes? They're only so good as charaters, and character look bland now.
That game has lost me

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
here a small image of the girls that could be said before and after View attachment 2847361
Oh no, no no no. This loses all it's charm. It's insanely worse.

And I JUST deleted my 2.8 version like a dummy because I downloaded the 2.8.1 version and emptied the bin. I was too confident and too used to this game not having issues in transition. Now not only the latest version doesn't want to start at all, but it has those awful art reworks?!

Man this is disheartening as hell! Does anyone still have the 2.8 version? Or can confirm if those arts are already in the 2.8.1 version and if not, if there is anything I can try to boot it up. I see the processes starting but nothing happens after that.

Man, this is awful lol. What a mess...:(

DoofusMan

Jun 25, 2019
Daily Lives of My Countryside [v0.2.8] [Milda Sento]

COMPRESSED WINDOWS

SIZE ~ 280 MB

- WORKUPLOAD - PIXELDRAIN -

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Omg great, this still shows as 2.8 version! Sadly it's the compressed version but I guess it's hopefully compressed in a manner where I won't notice too much degradation in the art? ^^" Better than being stuck with the new art for now if those are already in the 2.8.1)

Please either don't update those yet or keep a backup of 2.8 for those that want to play everything that had been done up to that point with the amazing original art! éwè

EDIT:

WAIT I JUST REALIZED 2.8 ALREADY HAD THE CHANGED ART! THAT'S WHY LAST TIME I PLAYED AFTER A LONG WHILE IT FELT LIKE SOMETHING WAS OFF BUT I COULDN'T PUT MY FINGER ON IT!

Oh man this suuuucks. So that means we need a backup of wtv latest version there was before the art change, which now seemingly seems to be wtv was the most recent one before 2.8?

If anyone has that and could upload it it'd be amazing! Thanks! <3

EDIT #2:

For anyone that had the same issue as me starting version 2.8.1. Weirdly enough the .exe was named "game.exe" instead of "nw.exe" like it was before. Out of curiosity I simply changed the name of the .exe file from "game.exe" to "nw.exe" like it was before in the previous version and suddenly it started working after that.

Might as well play the latest version if I am to be stuck with the poopy new art style. (Poopy in comparison imho anyway that's for sure.)

Also, if anyone has a copy of the most recent version with the previous style...couldn't we simply transplant the files of those arts into the new versions each time there's one so that at least we keep the art style we like for every asset that had one in the game? And just have to suffer the new style through the new content instead?

Last edited:

starlord99

Nov 16, 2017
here a small image of the girls that could be said before and after View attachment 2847361
Not trying to stir up any drama but I genuinely don't understand why people call this a downgrade. Believe me or not, but I'm also an artist and I can honestly say that objectively the first 2 models are nothing but improvements. The single actual difference is in the nose which is now rounded instead of pointy... but again it's not "worse", just different.

As far as the third model is concerned, I personally dislike the new model and feel like the old one had more personality but this is purely subjective. Like the new model or not, the shading is better :-?

4.10 star(s) 160 Votes