Amahl Farouk

May 13, 2018
EDA would be classified as a private school. Corporal punishment is allowed at private schools in 48 out of 50 states only banned in 2. I personally atteneded one such private school about 20 years ago.
Well there you go, I can't be much more wrong than that can I :) I was in the UK system when it was banned (1986)

SinAppeal

Wings of Silicon
Game Developer
Apr 1, 2020
The past few days I was very busy and only now have the time to write to you in detail!
I am overwhelmed by the number of your comments and the mostly positive feedback :love: !
This makes me really proud and shows that we are on the right track.
There are a few things I would like to mention:

1) FanArt
As you have already seen in the game (and as Frank mentioned) there is a button FanArt in the GUI. I am looking forward to your creations. The best ones will be shown in Day 2.

I am very excited to see what you will create.
You can post it here in the forum or in the Discord. ;)

2) Discord Server

You are all welcome to join our Discord server. If you have suggestions to improve the experience on our server, you can always write me.

The Discord server should become the living room of Damaged Goods, where we can all chat quickly and easily. I will also keep you updated on the Discord server with the latest updates about the game development. Frank will do his job here, if you don't have Discord. So we have a good compromise and you won't miss anything.

Suggestions for improvement

a) Choices

There were some comments about the choices. We can assure that our intention is of course a bit ambitious. But both Frank and I are able to code the whole project.

And we are making more and more progress, so you don't have to worry that we will burn out. Of course it's a bit more complicated with the many strings of storylines. But I think that's what makes Damaged Goods special. We're not going to get bogged down and give you long-term and regular updates. Solid planning is important for that. That came a bit too short in the last weeks. You have to understand that Frank and I have very different approaches. Frank is the free spirit who needs his space for his creativity. Deadlines and clear plans are not his thing. But he is incredibly good at improvising.

I, on the other hand, am very happy with plans, milestones, courses of action, deadlines, etc. Of course, this is sometimes like fire and water. But we complement each other very well. Nevertheless, there is still a lot of potential for improvement in the gaming process. I think the mantra: "The journey is the destination" applies here completely.

b) BGM

Furthermore, you had reported about the BGM.
Completely correct, a wrong song in a scene can take away all the tension. We try to avoid that as much as possible. As my partner has already written, we are still at the very beginning of the game development. Good soundtracks cost a lot of money. That's why we initially used free songs.
As soon as the game is breakeven, new and more beautiful music will be implemented.
If the BGM bothers you, you can always turn off the music in the options.

c) Game size

Some have criticized that Day1 is simply too big with 1 GB. You are right about that. Especially when we consider that the game will get many large updates.
In this case a good and high compression is important.

Frank and I are not really professionals in this field yet. But for Day 2 we guarantee you a good compression.

d) Writing efficiency

One of the biggest and most important points so far:

I truly think your feedback is good and appropriate.

This is where I see the biggest need for action, just like you.

The previous steps that Frank presented are outdated and will be revised.

So that we don't have unnecessary redundancies and the processes mesh.

"In fact, if you want to make this more efficient for your small team, you should have completed the script, right down to dialogue, and go over it with your visual director before he goes to visualization. Ideally, you approve a storyboard from him (assuming you make the final call) before he does scene-building. "

This is a wonderful advice. As you have guessed correctly, we had numerous renders that could not be used due to the workflow so far.

We will change that in the future.

In the future, the script will be completely worked out by Frank and me. As soon as the content is written and I can guarantee the realization, the visualization process will start and I will do my unique Art.

e) Content aspects:

In terms of content, you guys thought the game was good so far. We're really happy about that.

There are some aspects you noticed:

These are Covid-Coomer19, Vegan, Peta.

Frank has answered this well and in detail.

He wanted these aspects (Vegan and Peta) because they fit well with Rose's character.

Covid19 was my idea. Frank then designed Coomer, which I liked as an extension.

f)Your wishes

more female students
more foot fetish

I will keep these in mind for Day 2.;)
I hope I could summarize everything well. If something is still missing, please feel free to write.

Last but not least:
I would like to know from you, from whom you want to see more in Day2.:D

For this we also make a poll :)

that was a lot...

Stay healthy.

XoXo
SinAppeal

cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Everyone has lines they won't cross and content that disgusts them and I think I found mine.

That was totally unacceptable and I can't believe I witnessed something so utterly vile.......

Eating cereal with a fork?

Fucking madness.
Mine is heretics that put milk in cereal. The milk should be in the glass.

Reactions: yihman1

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
Everyone has lines they won't cross and content that disgusts them and I think I found mine.

That was totally unacceptable and I can't believe I witnessed something so utterly vile.......

Eating cereal with a fork?

Fucking madness.
I remember this one all too well. Chris put a fork in there on accident. Neither of us noticed the error for about a month. I was the one that noticed it. I was going to have him render it over again. He wasn't having the best day though he had a stressful day at work RL or something that's not important, but anyways I didn't feel like bugging him about it since he wasn't having the best day. So I think to myself I'll just photoshop that fork into a spoon. How hard can that be?

2 hours later... Got it looking almost like a spoon yes yes! Why is it a squared spoon though It's looking more like a shovel than a spoon... The cheerios around it don't look weird anymore!

1 hour later... You know what? Why am I still editing this 1 image!? I am going to bed and we will just make it one of her quirks! yes that's it I'll just make her more quirky!

And that is why Rose eats cereal with a fork.

Reactions: Avaron1974

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
I was a bit put off at first. I will admit.

When I play female protag games I do like to self insert and make choices I would make. I assume guys do the same with male protag games, bit of playing the role. I was thrown off when it started me with a guy I was about to marry and being a vegan.

I am a carnivorous lesbian. I mean, I don't go around eating other lesbians .... well, technically I do but not in the Silence of the Lambs way.

I got to the choice in bed and noticed just in time we have full control over her sexuality and how she proceeds.

Awesome job guys.

I've played a couple of games that claim to have lesbian paths but gave us a straight girl and then months upon months of updates with her wringing her hands in a moral dilemma over kissing another girl while still thinking about how hot all the guys are around her. That's really off putting. I don't mind devs not adding routes i'll enjoy, not all games are for everyone, but if they are going to add lesbian routes then I just wish they would stop making it so awkward.

I digress....

I love how it was done here. Mulls things over then gets the option to come out to her friends without months of will she/won't she nonsense. I loved it.

I also love how the domme/vanilla stuff was worked in. The shower scene in the gym building up on that choice with 1 option being vanilla, 1 being domme and the other playing on the straight path.

Really good job giving players control over that.

I also like how the transexual stuff is done. Players that opt out of that don't miss out, that character still exists but made full female.

I can overlook the vegan stuff, the rest was enjoyable.

I'll even overlook her eating cereal with a fork.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
I was a bit put off at first. I will admit.

When I play female protag games I do like to self insert and make choices I would make. I assume guys do the same with male protag games, bit of playing the role. I was thrown off when it started me with a guy I was about to marry and being a vegan.

I am a carnivorous lesbian. I mean, I don't go around eating other lesbians .... well, technically I do but not in the Silence of the Lambs way.

I got to the choice in bed and noticed just in time we have full control over her sexuality and how she proceeds.

Awesome job guys.

I've played a couple of games that claim to have lesbian paths but gave us a straight girl and then months upon months of updates with her wringing her hands in a moral dilemma over kissing another girl while still thinking about how hot all the guys are around her. That's really off putting. I don't mind devs not adding routes i'll enjoy, not all games are for everyone, but if they are going to add lesbian routes then I just wish they would stop making it so awkward.

I digress....

I love how it was done here. Mulls things over then gets the option to come out to her friends without months of will she/won't she nonsense. I loved it.

I also love how the domme/vanilla stuff was worked in. The shower scene in the gym building up on that choice with 1 option being vanilla, 1 being domme and the other playing on the straight path.

Really good job giving players control over that.

I also like how the transexual stuff is done. Players that opt out of that don't miss out, that character still exists but made full female.

I can overlook the vegan stuff, the rest was enjoyable.

I'll even overlook her eating cereal with a fork.
That's what we are shooting for. To allow the players to customize their own experience is important to us. Borrowed the idea of having a trans girl with a female version alternative from the game WVM.

yihman1

Knockout Master
May 11, 2017
This internal discord link in the game was not functioning as intenteded. That has been patched in to work properly. No new content.

PC:

Mac:

Burn85

May 25, 2018
I liked the game very much. Great is that you don't need to make a whore out of the heroine. Fine art. Excellent dialogues.
There is no way to support on Patreon. Sell the game on Steam, I will definitely buy it!
I'm already looking forward to continuing.

4.30 star(s) 31 Votes