Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Seewolf

Feb 27, 2019
I'm not trying to stop people from cheating, but I'm not going to provide tech support for cheating, either.

[...]

I know for a fact that you can fool with max hit points and hit points (.maxhp and hp) and not have a problem, because I regularly set those to 500 when I'm just trying to get to a part of the code to test. I don't see the point in doing this in game, but to each their own.
Well the point in cheating is, it saves a lot of time as casual gamer. I don't go for op girls and never change the stats like hp, that would be silly and game-breaking, to end up with an invulnerable group of adventurers. But it takes litterally ages to get 16 different classes of girls into your roster with adequate traits. Since it's completely random what kind of class you meet during game for hire, it might happen, that you'll finally get access to a missing class in your roster, but she has got really bad traits or stats. That is so annoying! So cheating via console saves time and prevents having to do the same and the same again with often undesireable results. I don't want to finally encounter f.e. a Ninja, but she is dim, weak and whatnot...

TheCrimsonRevenger

Jul 13, 2017
the point of cheating is some of us work 8-9 hours a day, plus a hour or more of travel time to and from work, plus social and familial obligations and the occasional trek to the local watering hole in hopes of finding a....watered hole...to take back home with you.

In other words, our time is little and precious, and we don't necessarily care to spend it grinding when we'd rather get to the good shit :)

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
...well the "Grind" in this game is pretty much non existent... you can complete the game with 4 girls and by visiting every location once you are strong enough to defeat all bosses... the after game mission may require some recruiting by visiting different locations or waiting time... also to buy fertility potions and sire children... but I wouldn't call that grind

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
the point of cheating is some of us work 8-9 hours a day, plus a hour or more of travel time to and from work, plus social and familial obligations and the occasional trek to the local watering hole in hopes of finding a....watered hole...to take back home with you.

In other words, our time is little and precious, and we don't necessarily care to spend it grinding when we'd rather get to the good shit :)
I didn't mean to suggest that I don't see the point of changing code in a game to make it more to your liking. I was specifically referring to cheats of the sort that I described (setting the hp to a huge value).

Reactions: hakarlman

Daulas

Sep 5, 2018
I'm not trying to stop people from cheating, but I'm not going to provide tech support for cheating, either.

That having been said, I looked at the code to try to figure it out. If you give your characters a high enough combination of intelligence and dexterity, they will never actually get a turn in combat. That's because initiative is based on those two stats, and it counts down. It has to count down from *somewhere*. Furthermore, there are some situations in which characters act, and would get to act twice (or even infinitely) and are stopped by having their initiative set to a number I know the counter won't reach.
While I mostly understand your stance about cheating (well, sometimes, things get frustrating or too grinding and it can help), from a strictly code point of view, you may want to change your system a bit to not be limited by this threshold if the game expands to higher levels. You could always get the highest Initiative score from the roster and the enemies and go down from there, it must not be that difficult (I'm not familiar with Python, but I can't imagine a coding language not having some sorting function).

As for those who get to act twice... I don't understand how it happens, but could it not be easier to set their number to the negative and stop the initiative countdown at zero? At the start of the next round, you can then set all negative values to their positive counterpart. Again, this would make things overall more stable, which is always a good thing in my opinion.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
While I mostly understand your stance about cheating (well, sometimes, things get frustrating or too grinding and it can help), from a strictly code point of view, you may want to change your system a bit to not be limited by this threshold if the game expands to higher levels. You could always get the highest Initiative score from the roster and the enemies and go down from there, it must not be that difficult (I'm not familiar with Python, but I can't imagine a coding language not having some sorting function).

As for those who get to act twice... I don't understand how it happens, but could it not be easier to set their number to the negative and stop the initiative countdown at zero? At the start of the next round, you can then set all negative values to their positive counterpart. Again, this would make things overall more stable, which is always a good thing in my opinion.
Yeah, I agree, there's a better way to do it. Thank you.

Engelstein

Feb 17, 2018
So what's everyone's line-up? Do you stick to the first four or do you branch out?

I'm looking for a different line-up beyond the first four because it's become stale for me but every time I try to switch it up, I get demolished.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
...depends on wether you choose the Standard Team or choose it yourself.
personally I only hired 4 more girls before endgame in order to gather more gold much faster than each 7 days... but you can easily win the game without them.

GEMPAL

Jan 14, 2019
So what's everyone's line-up? Do you stick to the first four or do you branch out?

I'm looking for a different line-up beyond the first four because it's become stale for me but every time I try to switch it up, I get demolished.
I Killed the lich with formation of Valkrie, Pally, Amazon and Pirate (y'aar) I dunno, maybe they were just too high on level, I just auto attacked it and Lich died on his own.

Kinda have (almost maybe) complete rooster jsut for the sake of grinding money or on whore house , but I think if you leveled enough, you can almost shake everything with ease.

R.

Nov 9, 2017
For console commands, when you are at the girls page you can use char. instead of roster[X]. and she will be automatically targeted.
Also, char.traits.append("X") works but its case sensitive.

xxTHESTYGIANxx

Nov 11, 2018
Alright, Allow me apologies for those that disagree with me first off.

Now, this is only my opinion, however...I like the game for the most part. There are several things that need to be addressed though.

1) This is an RPG style game, with seperate classes, all with strengths and weaknesses....That being said you need to do a bit more research into those classes.
a) I.E. The Ninja class. The ability to jump all over the field is great, unless you take into account the fact that using that ability is going to put you front line. Sorry...Unless we are talking Naruto...Ninjas are not tanks!

2) The Rogue should have a Def buff that grants them something dealing with def....Making them harder to hit...however as it stands now using stealth does nothing and they still get hit. Being a squishy second line fighter thats not good, since you take away the strength of the rogue.

3) Enemies are far over powered compared to the team you use, not to mention depending on that team....I.E if you chose to take a rogue or ninja with you, an Orc...BIG, SLOW and STUPID isnt going to get first strike on either a Ninja or a rogue.

These are just some of the things that need to be addressed. I like the game for the most part, but im driven away by the glaring issues that prevent this from being an RPG style game but turns it into a RPGM style game full of grinding and frustration.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I'm greatly enjoying playing the game, which has a lot more content than I had initially expected.

Having put a couple of my girls to work in the brothel, when later on I removed them again I noticed that they were no longer slaves/concubines. Was that because I'd let them become unhappy when they were in the brothel (I'm afraid it was a case of out of sight, out of mind), or is it a bug? I'd had the impression that once they were slaves or concubines it would be permanent.

Also I've set up my school of perversion and appointed a headmistress, but it doesn't seem to have any pupils yet. Is there a way of getting pupils, or are my girls going there for lessons in their spare time, as I've had messages recently to tell me that a girl has become more perverted?

One final question. Does becoming a mother affect a girl in any way? I haven't noticed anything different.

Thanks.

JenusKudo

Aug 4, 2017
So, how much stats should I mod through the console??? I modified the str , Dex , con , int to 50....and now when I send them to adventure....they are dying

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes