• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Completed Damsels and Dungeons [v1.2.41 Remastered] [Amaraine]

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes

Sinphil

Nov 15, 2018
Thank you... that's the first time someone has reported that, er, feature. :) I'll fix it in the next version, I imagine it's still true in 1.15.
Better than been stuck in job permanently with no in game warning before hand. Put my 4 best characters in jobs to focus on others and didn't want to whore out favorites only to find that for some bizarre reason Jobs are for life.

Speaking of things not been thought through....Lets make a goal to get most of women pregnant then make pregnancy 90 days locked out of doing anything............limit of 12 roster and 4 jobs so you either get 4 jobs and 8 girls potions only and grind the hell out until they all hit or you just give all 16 potions and try get out other side as soon as possible...considering it took 36 days to get 1 of girls pregnant its a lot of shit fuckery grindin and non play time for absolutely no constructive reason.

I got nothing against pregnancy in game though it is not something that interests me and I not going to be tapping pregnant women when I got other options. I do have issues with entire game been put on hold for such a niche fetish for 3 months of game time because some ridiculous goal tied to fetish forced on everyone.

EDIT rather than trying to change mechanics maybe look at expanding roster once you become king and adding income from conquered cities. Allow different named duplicates of anyone in Brothel of Job and multiples of monster girls. Have a different limit on concubines and slaves. This will allow for slow introduction of more unique characters and classes as well without displacing characters that a lot of time has been invested in.

Last edited:

TrueWeeb

Jun 12, 2018
I think that it would be a good option that you could put and quit your girls clothes when you want. I mean like dress and undress the exhibitionist girls. And also new clothes(? :p

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I'd like topless and bottomless to be separate things not a progression, I think some of the girls might look good just being bottomless. But with the game being prerendered things like clothing changes are a lot of work (would be cool though).

Reactions: Pdoan and TrueWeeb

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Just a few comments here because there have been a number of suggestions, and I appreciate that.

Damsels development is focused on polishing the existing product, and adding to the character storylines, not in large scale additions or big changes in the game mechanics.

People always want a larger roster of active adventurers. There are many things in the game that have been written around the current number, and there are UI reasons why it's nice to have them all fit on the right side of the screen as well. I'm not going to overhaul that part of the game and rebalance everything around it.

I'm not a fan of making people click extra times to confirm actions, particularly in ren'py when the "back" function is enabled. If you decide to do something, I assume you want to do it (or will use the back function if it was just a mis-click.) Right now I'm playing a bit of HPWU and the fact that it keeps asking me "Are you sure?" when I decide not to try to do something is driving me up a wall. The phrase "retire from adventuring" is used when moving a girl to a job, to indicate that they are not going to be adventurers anymore. The phrase "permanent bond" is used to describe concubinage and slavery, to indicate that those decisions are, well, permanent.

The pregnancy quest is entirely optional and offers nothing much in the way of benefits -- skip it if it doesn't float your boat. It's a good example of the sort of thing that has been added due to player suggestions. To my mind a whole bunch of girls naturally on birth control is awesome! All the goals were added to give players something to do who really wanted to keep playing after killing the lich king, and they are all totally optional. Don't do stuff you don't want to do!

New clothes aren't likely to happen. I love the idea, but practically -- new clothes would entail an expense of my part, since I don't download pirated versions of rendering assets, and one thing I found with pregnancy is that when a change occurs, people want it reflected in every render. Giving a girl new clothes means re-doing practically every render, and that's not going to happen. Giving several girls new clothes means doing it for every girl who gets new clothes. It's a lot of work and rendering time for a relatively small effect. I considered it for the branching choices available to Sorceresses and Priestesses, so that Fire and Ice mages would have different outfits, and decided it wasn't worth it. It's as much work as adding a whole new class.

Right now the clothing changes are indeed a progression. Each time you get a girl to take her clothes off, her sexuality increases. It wouldn't be impossible to make that a one time thing, and to let you move it back and forth once you've "unlocked" a level, I'd just have to rework the coding. So I'll think about doing that, and I probably will make it possible in 1.17. Dunno why you'd want to make a girl wear clothes, but like the pregnancy thing, to each their own. :)

Bottomless renders would require 3 renders per figure, or 48 renders total to make that happen. That's not impossible, as the rendering time for those are short. It could balloon to more, since I have an intention of making topless and naked kneeling and kissing renders for the figures. I think the additional kneeling and kissing (and maybe other) renders are probably better than adding a new clothing option. Also, unfortunately, some of the girls clothing options might not support bottomlessness in an attractive way -- they were all tested for toplessness before inclusion in the game, but I know I had to not use some outfits because there was no way to make just the right part of the outfit not appear in a render. So, great suggestion, but probably not going to implemented for practical reasons.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I like to make getting all my girls naked an extra, albeit unofficial, goal. :) It amuses me that, though the girl I made queen had previously been naked, she was so proud of her new status that she insisted on wearing what looks like her wedding dress around the castle, though she takes it off when she goes adventuring of course.

Reactions: Amaraine

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
I like to make getting all my girls naked an extra, albeit unofficial, goal. :) It amuses me that, though the girl I made queen had previously been naked, she was so proud of her new status that she insisted on wearing what looks like her wedding dress around the castle, though she takes it off when she goes adventuring of course.
Part of my goal was to make a game where people enjoyed making their own, unofficial goals... so thank you for that. :)

Pdoan

Mar 1, 2018
Is there a way to hire another Paladin or Sorceress beside the scripted ones? How about another Harbinger? Or another Enchantress not name Amora?

For a while now, only Amazon, Heretic and Rouge show up asking for job. Reavers' camp only has Ninja and Druid so far.

I actually prefer the old random way of hiring new girl. Reload often gives me the one I want.

Would it be possible in the future to make it an option in the setting menu?

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Is there a way to hire another Paladin or Sorceress beside the scripted ones? How about another Harbinger? Or another Enchantress not name Amora?

For a while now, only Amazon, Heretic and Rouge show up asking for job. Reavers' camp only has Ninja and Druid so far.

I actually prefer the old random way of hiring new girl. Reload often gives me the one I want.

Would it be possible in the future to make it an option in the setting menu?
It would be possible to make it an option in the setting menu. I've put that on my todo list. It won't make it into the next version, but it's a good idea.

mordredw

Oct 12, 2017
EDIT: I advise not to use the cheats to add fetishes. It will cause an error that prevents you from interacting with the characters you try to add a fetish to (the character at the top was giving an error due to me trying to give her masochism)

Last edited:

MauritkCL

Feb 3, 2018
I have a bit of a problem. I made one of my girls the head of the school, before I had completed her quest and now I can't select her to come with us during an adventure. So I can't complete the quest. What do I do?

Great game by the way. Really enjoying it!

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I have a bit of a problem. I made one of my girls the head of the school, before I had completed her quest...
Recruit a new girl of the same class I guess, if you've only just made the girl a head try rolling back.

Brigma

Jan 25, 2018
Would it be possible to only lose a fetish if all instances of the fetish on gear is removed? For instance if a girl has masochist on a belt and a ring and you give the ring to the temple, she currently loses the masochist even though she still has it on a belt.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Would it be possible to only lose a fetish if all instances of the fetish on gear is removed? For instance if a girl has masochist on a belt and a ring and you give the ring to the temple, she currently loses the masochist even though she still has it on a belt.
That sounds like an improvement, I'll look into it. I set it up that way because I thought there was an exploit possible, and it was the easiest way to handle it, but if I can make it work better I will. Getting an item that matches up to a fetish the girl already has increases her sexuality, so that would be undone if you give the item to the temple. Thanks for the suggestion!

wantmummy

Nov 30, 2017
You don't actually need to take all 12. Just take your main 4 you want to use in battle and you will be all set.
This doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone help with conquering Orech? It always just says that I don't have enough girls with me.

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
This doesn't seem to work for me. Can anyone help with conquering Orech? It always just says that I don't have enough girls with me.
if len(roster) < 12:
"You don't have enough women in your army to carry out your plan, so best go talk to the priestess to plot again."
$ orech_plan = False
elif any (girl.restdays > 0 and not girl in party for girl in roster):
"Some of your girls aren't fully rested, so best go talk to the priestess to plot again."
$ orech_plan = False
else:
# continue with the attack

So the first part of that code checks to see if you have a full roster of 12 -- managers don't count -- if you don't, it tells you that you don't have enough girls; the second part checks to make sure that every girl on your roster, not in the current party, has no required rest days -- i.e., if you've followed the priestess' instructions to rest them all up.

Hope this helps.

wantmummy

Nov 30, 2017
if len(roster) < 12:
"You don't have enough women in your army to carry out your plan, so best go talk to the priestess to plot again."
$ orech_plan = False
elif any (girl.restdays > 0 and not girl in party for girl in roster):
"Some of your girls aren't fully rested, so best go talk to the priestess to plot again."
$ orech_plan = False
else:
# continue with the attack

So the first part of that code checks to see if you have a full roster of 12 -- managers don't count -- if you don't, it tells you that you don't have enough girls; the second part checks to make sure that every girl on your roster, not in the current party, has no required rest days -- i.e., if you've followed the priestess' instructions to rest them all up.

Hope this helps.
Ah, thanks. So I need a full roster of girls to start with? I only have 6, as I've been keeping a lean fighting machine. I just need to get more! :)

Amaraine

Game Developer
Jun 7, 2017
Ah, thanks. So I need a full roster of girls to start with? I only have 6, as I've been keeping a lean fighting machine. I just need to get more! :)
Yep. I like the lean fighting machine approach through the Lich King content, but the goals (except for pacification, but even then it helps to have more than one group pacifying) assume a full roster.

3.60 star(s) 33 Votes