5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
When I looked at it from my phone, I've got to admit, the first thing that came to mind is "that looks almost AI generated".

Looking at it now, I doubt that.

Still... it's the 25th of the month and we got the first artwork.

MAYBE we will get a double batch month? I'm still fairly optimistic about it.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
There's no way that's AI. The hands are too normal.
AI has gotten a lot better at hands; it could also just be the one good result that came about after a number of iterations of the same prompt, which is usually how AI art is made. In any case, I think there are some aspects of the right hand that look a little odd, such as the angle of the wrist, the ring finger being hidden, and the pinky sticking out the furthest of all the fingers; however, it’s not like a human couldn’t make those “mistakes”.

I also think there could be something off about the lighting (her face is in shadow, but the whole front of her lower body is lit? I feel like she’d need to be leaning back about 45° for light coming from behind her to make that pattern), as well as the position of the neck (seems to close to the left shoulder to me).

The generated hands can be fixed manually afterwards. :KEK:
That too. I know that’s how TwistedScarlet does things.

Dr. Syndicate

Sep 15, 2018
The shading i could believe dandon did herself but most of the ai artists i follow on pixiv have that same effect, also dandon doesn't go that far with muscle definition so I'm very skeptical about this debate we're having

Reactions: LordLegolas

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
I don't think it's AI, but it doesn't feel like her work either. The shading, the anatomy, and even bubble's face expression are completely different from the last batch in which she appeared and that was recent. either she's trying a completely diff style during her break or she's doing the sketches and someone else is filling the blanks.

harrybaine

Sep 20, 2022
Her pinkie finger(right hand) does seem larger than how she normally does them in her artworks and I've seen plenty of a.i generated girls with that face. I guess we'll know for sure once the other pieces come out. I remember people accusing Sakimi of using a.i on her Purah piece and she had to put out a process video to silence them. Dandon might need to do the same.

Reactions: thirstyman
Sep 1, 2020
Newsflash to all the monkeys trying to analyse the image, I'm fairly certain Dandon is capable of cleaning up some hands or fingers sticking out. The problem is that some respectable artists, such as Dandon, are trying to sneak in AI in their workflow, which, of course, makes the entire image look, as you say, odd.

I used to pledge to SanePerson, and they mysteriously switched art styles overnight. I've seen other artists follow this trend as well, and personally, I don't know how to feel about it.

QrowRhogan

May 6, 2022
Myabe she's experimenting with AI, and wants to see what people think about it. I haven't seen this on her Twitter page yet.

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
If Dandon is going ahead with AI art now, that's going to be a problem for me specifically when it comes to preggo variants. I mean, I have yet to see an AI-generated preggo picture that didn't appear deformed in some fashion. That's my two cents on the matter. Feel free to donate them to your local charity.

Sep 8, 2018
I don't know what everyone hopes to achieve by over analysing her artwork and voicing out their opinions all over the net. I'd much rather take it at face value and enjoy whatever art they churn out. Its really up to the artist if they want to take the A.I route and announce it.

To add to my point: Its not like I'm advocating the use of A.I. I'm just saying that it's up to the artist to be accountable to their paying clients. So much scrutiny and assumptions over the art isn't going to do any one any good.

Last edited:

Malvadon

Apr 24, 2019
I'll be honest, i was resistent to Ai pics for a long time, but let's face the truth here, this is the future, i'll always choose real artists over AI users, but there's almost a "race" happening between artists trying hard to create the best detailed images they can, versus people creating dozens(maybe more) high quality pics with AI, so its not a fair fight here, even true artists may feel tempted to try AI to get faster results, and i can't blame them for it.

Sad as it may be, AI is a true Pandora's box, and once it was openned there's no turning back, everyone will need to adapt, or face the reality of staying behind, deep down i hope i'm wrong...

Ps. i like that Bubbles pic, still loking foward to the pack.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
I'll be honest, i was resistent to Ai pics for a long time, but let's face the truth here, this is the future, i'll always choose real artists over AI users, but there's almost a "race" happening between artists trying hard to create the best detailed images they can, versus people creating dozens(maybe more) high quality pics with AI, so its not a fair fight here, even true artists may feel tempted to try AI to get faster results, and i can't blame them for it.

Sad as it may be, AI is a true Pandora's box, and once it was openned there's no turning back, everyone will need to adapt, or face the reality of staying behind, deep down i hope i'm wrong...

Ps. i like that Bubbles pic, still loking foward to the pack.
The only thing that can be done to combat this is to boycott, or at least avoid supporting, artists—or companies releasing artistic products, such as book covers, etc.—who are using or are suspected to be using AI.

I’m not saying that’s what should or should not be done, but voting with our wallets is the only thing anyone listens to. If people happily consume art churned out via AI, it will indubitably put a lot of pressure on other artists to at least incorporate AI into their workflow, as a means of staying competitive; however, if people largely stopped consuming AI-generated content, then it could potentially stay just a trend and eventually fade away.

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
The only thing that can be done to combat this is to boycott, or at least avoid supporting, artists—or companies releasing artistic products, such as book covers, etc.—who are using or are suspected to be using AI.
I've said it before, and I'll keep saying it: That's one reason I love this place. I don't have to pay one single penny for any of it. Do I feel bad for not supporting the artists I love? Yes. Will I feel bad for not supporting artists I love if they fully embrace AI-generated artwork? No, not at all.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes