5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
if it's ai assisted, shame on her. As any fan, I'd rather my followed artists to take a break, even a long one, than cheat their way out a monthly batch.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Eesh, I remember a debacle within the (YouTube) metal community about their shredding is way too inhumanely fast and had to provide a video that they do play that fast and not the video edited 1.5 or 2 times as fast

This is more or less the case. I will say it's partially (more like 50-60%) assisted by AI, otherwise until Dandon releases the video pack that she done this herself, I say this is yet another style she's just trying to "learn" or trying to "spice things up a bit", you know, like that semi-rendered Jolyne Kujo or Chumi/Rose Sketchbook art

As for the body tone, I think she did this with the Cheeky Bubble art and Miruko-Gets-Off art

Bubs looked cute on this angle, not gonna lie, though personally I think the art pack still skeptical

Last edited:

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
Um I honestly can't say is it AI generated or not. But I checked those identify AI with last pack and well but there's a catch we have step by step procces of process first pic, I didn't check video process but I have question if you do an AI generated art will you be putting an extra effort to do a step by step procces of creation if you just generated it by words?
So my answer is might be just trivial it might be some filter she used that gave it AI feel. For example I put Dandon's previous Bubble picture (which also gave me AI vibes btw but it is not) you see that there some filter plus some post work but it really makes art look different.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I saw a lot of AI art that looked liked Dandond Fuga's work, Cutesexyrobbuts Sakmichan and etc, because AI models just ripping it off, so that's confusion might be understandable.

1.png 2.png 07.jpg 08.jpg

Last edited:

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
Ripping it off is the harsher way to say that the AI "learning the information it was given by the user". I see no reason to disagree :LUL:
Yeah I agree. Because of this we do have some difficulties with saying is it real or not like with recent pic of Dandon.

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
which site is that? i tried aiornot.com but doesn't look like yours
Hive moderation. Aiornot I used too, and well it more divisive with her art it was like 50/50 (I checked 5 or 6 works, so it's pretty small number).

Last edited:
Reactions: saqewo

snapson

Jan 21, 2018
Um I honestly can't say is it AI generated or not. But I checked those identify AI with last pack and well but there's a catch we have step by step procces of process first pic, I didn't check video process but I have question if you do an AI generated art will you be putting an extra effort to do a step by step procces of creation if you just generated it by words?
So my answer is might be just trivial it might be some filter she used that gave it AI feel. For example I put Dandon's previous Bubble picture (which also gave me AI vibes btw but it is not) you see that there some filter plus some post work but it really makes art look different.

Edit: I also wanted to add that I saw a lot of AI art that looked liked Dandond Fuga's work, Cutesexyrobbuts Sakmichan and etc, because AI models just ripping it off, so that's confusion might be understandable.

View attachment 2801192 View attachment 2801193 View attachment 2801199 View attachment 2801200
You really can't trust AI image detectors. How they're built will always make them lag way behind the latest generation models. So in order to perform well, they throw many false positives. Additionally, they can easily be tricked by adding an overlay of noise which subtly alters the image.

The only evidence that guarantees an image is AI generated is if there is EXIF data with the generation parameters (A1111, Comfyui, etc) but that is removed by exporting through photoshop, or if a watermark was seeded into the latent noise (but I haven't seen it snuck into models yet).

You can train a model to produce step by step progress images (since those have been included in always every batch), using similar techniques to how they trained "Clothing +/- Adjuster 衣物增/减 LoRA". But cleaning up the artifacts and creating a timelapse / PSD with it seems like too much work if Dandon already has the skills.

CornJunket

Aug 14, 2018
Ripping it off is the harsher way to say that the AI "learning the information it was given by the user". I see no reason to disagree :LUL:
To be fair, most legal experts seem to think this is going to fall into "ripping it off" in terms of copyright law, once any of those cases make their way through the courts. Hence most of the established companies keeping their machine learning art-gen models private (e.g. Microsoft, Google) and Steam banning games with machine learning art assets. It's unlikely for the courts to count machine learning as enough of a creative departure to not be in violation of fair use, as there is already a legal distinction between using an image as reference and blatantly violating copyrighted material (and a whole lot of grifters are using it for the latter).

Not stating my own opinion, just giving my best understanding of how the legal experts are looking at it.

EDIT to not double post: Also, yeah, "AI detectors" throw off shitloads of false positives. Plus you get idiots like that professor in Texas who asked Chat GPT to tell him if his students' papers were written by it, and it predictably "lied" and said they all were written by it. Not that lying is really an accurate term, given that even a 3-year-old has a better understanding of object permanence and the difference between fact and fiction...

Reactions: CourierNPC

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
You really can't trust AI image detectors. How they're built will always make them lag way behind the latest generation models. So in order to perform well, they throw many false positives. Additionally, they can easily be tricked by adding an overlay of noise which subtly alters the image.
Yeah, I get you. That's why I was sceptic with those detectors I didn't mention that but that was my intention. That's why I think Dandon if used AI it's for the either background or to play with it and she might liked some results but reworked it fully for her own.

Last edited:

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
Let's just wait for the next artwork preview to be released: we're getting near the end of the month so it's likely coming out in a few days.

We shall see soon enough: for now, let's just say that this Bubble looks a bit... odd.

Pissed Pika

Oct 30, 2020
It will be very hard for me to like her works if she starts using AI.
Same reason I ignore auto-tunes music. It feels like cheating and not using your natural talents that you earned from hard work and practice.

Artists that take the AI route will eventual end up being lazy and forget how to draw and render.

ReichLoli

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2020
Like I say before, as artists continue to use this unsustainable system. Their passion decreases and it mostly a business to them. As such, they will take advantage of anything that will make the process much more quicker to maintain this system. Even if it ruining their own reputation of why people supported them in the first place. You won't notices it at the begin, but you will noticing it long term.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
On one hand, cease any activity on the thread might be good (unwatch, mute, etc) so that discussions are kept on the minimum (not like that many arguments here either, aside from the AI debate here)

On the other, it's just her trying a new style -- not the first time she ever did this. Now that reality is becoming virtual and the line is very blurry, we won't know for sure if Dandon really draws that way or AI fulfilling Dandon's prompts and she does the finishing touches until there's a video detailing that or something

On yet another hand, there'd be a flock of new people admiring the AI assisted art despite many of us are against it and wanted to share Dandon's AI assisted art

Runtime conclusion:
What can I say? It is what it is. Dandon might be the only one, but artists come and go from relevancy anyway

Noobknight

Sep 26, 2021
I was first in shock to see dandon using ai ( let's be real , it's ai . An artist's style can't change THAT fast ) but now i think of it , i see it as a fairly good reason. I have stumbled across several talented artists, all of which suffering from mental health problems.
Long story short, i think it's better for artist to use assistant under pressure rather than just disappearing for a year and do cosplay ( im looking at you , logan cure )

Noobknight

Sep 26, 2021
But hey . I think she posts a " drawing process" video showing a time lapse of her drawing , right ? We just wait abd see

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes