5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Noobknight

Sep 26, 2021
don't think i care that much about the ai stuff . dandon came out of the shell and spoke about it ( which sounded really fishy ) i am ok if dandon uses ai as i mentioned before : artist are more likely to suffer from mental health problems .
some points that really made me sus about the latest pic is :
- bubble's skin pallet looks lighter
- the shadows look a bit ... too much
- there is also a weird shadow on her forhead
- there used to be a slightly thicker line covering the whole character
- the face looks "ai" ish
although , it can just be me being superstitious

Noobknight

Sep 26, 2021
Gonna give a little cent here, this is as far as I can understand:

The reason why the Beach Bubble kicks the hornet's nest is that people jumped the gun that Dandon, as a digital artist whose art drawn by hands all these years we've known her, allegedly, using AI to assist her in drawing Beach Bubble art. Because of this, some people are saying that Dandon breaks their "trust" as an artist or "disappointed" that Dandon going to this route (using AI to assist her drawing the piece) - a few even "threatened," for lack of better word, that Beach Bubble should be the first and the last artwork to utilize such tools. So, as LordLegolas said, it's better to wait the .psd or the process videos to determine whether or not Dandon utilizing AI is correct judgment.

I really can't comment whether or not the corporation is to blame or becoming the scapegoat when people's concern is Dandon allegedly assisted by AI to draw Beach Bubble art because of the sudden change of the art style as soon as the Power Girl artwork dropped a while back :D
what was wrong about power girl ? i haven't seen any "sudden" change of art style . it was the same as mitsuri and other artworks

Dr. Syndicate

Sep 15, 2018
While we're all debating, Dandon has dropped the preview for the second (and probably last) artwork for this month:

Ladies and Gentlemen, here's Rogue:

View attachment 2815310

Dandon said this is 85% done and tomorrow will post the finished piece.

This one seems more in line with her usual style.
She looks great, at least dandon took the extra days to paint this one

harrybaine

Sep 20, 2022
Amazing work, and its not even fully done yet. Hopefully Dandon can end all this A.i nonsense by releasing process videos in the pack.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
what was wrong about power girl ? i haven't seen any "sudden" change of art style . it was the same as mitsuri and other artworks
Power Girl's more into a disproportionate body while Mitsuri's more leaning towards the current Bubble art, at least to some that I know of.

deathmon

Nov 24, 2020
While the beach bubble definitely looks different from her style, primarily her color pallet and line work, this is one indicator that there may have been AI involved. Dando is usually really good at hands/fingers, this definitely feels out of place
1690864597915.png

Reactions: Grizlino

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
this is one indicator that there may have been AI involved
Bet Dandon just forgot to color that part or that the whole section looks outta place because of the perspective she uses. I'd rather withhold judgment until proven otherwise. We already have four pages dedicated to deductive work whether or not Dandon use AI :LUL:
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
While the beach bubble definitely looks different from her style, primarily her color pallet and line work, this is one indicator that there may have been AI involved. Dando is usually really good at hands/fingers, this definitely feels out of place
View attachment 2816051
can someone point this out to her on patreon and see her reaction? because ngl, her hands have always been great and if that's a pinkie, I'm effing Thor. (the og, not the marvel bs).

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
I wish y'all would stop bitching about dandon, and whether she's using AI Generated art or not. It's as bad as ya'll bitching about sciamano240's art releases.
dude, no one is comparing artists. the picture tho is proof enough that smth went wrong. Being a fan doesn't mean suspending logic and critical thinking.
1690864597915.png

This is not a mistake that dandon would make in a million years. It's sus af.

deathmon

Nov 24, 2020
I wish y'all would stop bitching about dandon, and whether she's using AI Generated art or not. It's as bad as ya'll bitching about sciamano240's art releases.
Never knew observations were a complaint. Either way, I still enjoy the art, same with sciamano's stuff

DeskRaven

Mar 27, 2021
People seriously think the Bubble pic isn't AI generated? Stable Diffusion/NAI Diffusion is still so obvious just from a thumbnail without even looking at any details: the shading is still way too uniform and the shadows are way too sharp. Literally just compare the abs to any of her past work and you can see what soft shadows/shading look like. Or just punch in Stable Diffusion into rule34 and just scroll through thumbnails and you can't unsee it after the first page.

Other obvious tells:

1) The right hip. That just looks wack.

2) It's like 20x more detailed than any other picture of hers. Just like at the armpit folds, the wrinkles on the hands, the rib cage. You really think she spent 4x as long on this picture?

3) That is a generic af face. Like it would take serious effort to go from a consistent style like Dandon's to a face that statistically averaged.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
People seriously think the Bubble pic isn't AI generated?
Eesh, I remember a debacle within the (YouTube) metal community about their shredding is way too inhumanely fast and had to provide a video that they do play that fast and not the video edited 1.5 or 2 times as fast

This is more or less the case. I will say it's partially (more like 50-60%) assisted by AI, otherwise until Dandon releases the video pack that she done this herself, I say this is yet another style she's just trying to "learn" or trying to "spice things up a bit", you know, like that semi-rendered Jolyne Kujo or Chumi/Rose Sketchbook art

As for the body tone, I think she did this with the Cheeky Bubble art and Miruko-Gets-Off art

Bubs looked cute on this angle, not gonna lie, though personally I think the art pack still skeptical
If you think the text written in bold is too low of a chance, I was being generous at best. Even if she did say that she drawn Bubble with her own two hands, and whatever you're pointing out, I say we wait for the process videos like everyone been sayin' and see whether her side of the situation proven to be legit or just a smokescreen to keep the patrons kinda happy

After July's batch is out, we could either ask F95 to lock this thread for good from further reply as a last resort or keep the thread open but nobody shares anything. From what I can gather on X (previously Twitter) and Deviantart, people been saying that they've been betrayed by the Bubble artwork alone if that amounts to anything

Personally, one art partially using AI already make me sus enough of her willingness to draw nowadays, but we don't know for sure going forward whether or not this gonna be a trend for Dandon (and/or for anyone else). Gotta keep it straight that I prefer Dandon whose art drawn by hands and assisted by herself

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2018
I'm sure the majority of us are here to share and appreciate her art. It was a pretty happy and lively thread until this happened. Maybe the whole discussion about AI and speculation on whether she or any other artist is using AI should have a thread of its own and then all the interested parties can go there to criticise and hash it out.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
I'm sure the majority of us are here to share and appreciate her art. It was a pretty happy and lively thread until this happened. Maybe the whole discussion about AI and speculation on whether she or any other artist is using AI should have a thread of its own and then all the interested parties can go there to criticise and hash it out.
The thing is, Dandon didn't clarify whether or not she is assisted by AI yet. She claim that "AI or not" tools out there is unreliable at best (which is a valid thought, since you really can't rely on online tools provided for free) but she didn't say anything if she is assisted by AI whilst drawing Bubble and that's the only thing I wait other than the artworks for this month, which suppose to drop today or tomorrow at the latest.

I'm just glad Rogue went back to detailed-and-kinda-washed-out aesthetic rather than machine-like "precision"

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes