5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

buttgoose

Sep 5, 2021
I'm sure the majority of us are here to share and appreciate her art. It was a pretty happy and lively thread until this happened. Maybe the whole discussion about AI and speculation on whether she or any other artist is using AI should have a thread of its own and then all the interested parties can go there to criticise and hash it out.
If the interested parties had any evidence maybe, but people also constantly complain "it's not the same number of art every month" and wonder why artists get burnout and skip whole months.

Reactions: freakinbloodsucker

QrowRhogan

May 6, 2022
We don't even know what's gonna be in the next batch. I wouldn't be surprised if Dandon's taking a break this month.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
Did she say she didn’t use AI to draw this specific picture of Bubble? Because from the admittedly little I saw of her Twitter feed (which is hard for me to see because I neither have nor want a Twitter account), I heard her say, “People have routinely accused me of using AI,” and, “Look at these previous works of mine which get falsely flagged as AI,” but nowhere did I see, “No, I didn’t use AI this time around either,” or the like; it was just left implied.

I’m not going to draw hasty conclusions from this—clear communication isn’t everyone’s forte—but if she were using AI, that would be a sneaky little diversion LOL.

Reactions: thirstyman

Deleted member 1375045

Apr 21, 2019
I will only say this once, and once only: The artworks are fine. My vision might not be 20/20, but I always have and always will enjoy Dandon's art regardless of the petty squabbling over whether her artwork is made by AI or not. To me, if it looks like Dandon made it, and she says she made it, then it is so. Rogue looks stunning, and Bubbles looks just as good as she always has. So please, for the love of all that is good on this Earth, can we please get back to enjoying Dandon's art like reasonable human beings? Thank you, and have a good day.

Noobknight

Sep 26, 2021
People seriously think the Bubble pic isn't AI generated? Stable Diffusion/NAI Diffusion is still so obvious just from a thumbnail without even looking at any details: the shading is still way too uniform and the shadows are way too sharp. Literally just compare the abs to any of her past work and you can see what soft shadows/shading look like. Or just punch in Stable Diffusion into rule34 and just scroll through thumbnails and you can't unsee it after the first page.

Other obvious tells:

1) The right hip. That just looks wack.

2) It's like 20x more detailed than any other picture of hers. Just like at the armpit folds, the wrinkles on the hands, the rib cage. You really think she spent 4x as long on this picture?

3) That is a generic af face. Like it would take serious effort to go from a consistent style like Dandon's to a face that statistically averaged.
i get your anger , believe me . i have been like this before . but we can't really hold any kind of judgement cuz we ain't even sure . maybe process video says otherwise .

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
Did she say she didn’t use AI to draw this specific picture of Bubble? Because from the admittedly little I saw of her Twitter feed (which is hard for me to see because I neither have nor want a Twitter account), I heard her say, “People have routinely accused me of using AI,” and, “Look at these previous works of mine which get falsely flagged as AI,” but nowhere did I see, “No, I didn’t use AI this time around either,” or the like; it was just left implied.

I’m not going to draw hasty conclusions from this—clear communication isn’t everyone’s forte—but if she were using AI, that would be a sneaky little diversion LOL.
Also this. Sounds like dodging the questions to avoid accountability later if caught red-handed.

DickCheese420

Apr 9, 2021
There is no need for video evidence, the buble artwork is 100% AI assisted, with some touch ups here and there to fix AI screw ups and make it look like a Dandonfuga picture. The fact that it triggered everyone's AI alarm is that she is using AI the same way FloxerXL or Shexyo artstyles have made a huge skill jump out of nowhere and they claim it's not AI assisted but all the AI red flags are on the new pictures.

The face, hair, abs on bubble is a dead giveaway and way too different quality wise from previous drawings and I've been playing around enough with AI to have a solid guess on what semi-realistic model she probably used. Now should Dandonfuga be burned at the stake for using AI? I don't think so, even tho it's a big disappointment AI is the future for the artist world since it's a tool like photoshop or 3D programs who also were criticised by the artist world when they were new and there is already AI only "artists" making tons of money over legit artists vomiting AI pics everyday so it seems that the more times goes on the less people will care about if it's made by a human or an AI. If AI can help Dandon speed up her process and allow her to finish her monthly artworks in time good for her, and I guess this sub who majoritarily doesn't pay for shit will be happy with any content that drops.

Feb 10, 2022
There is no need for video evidence, the buble artwork is 100% AI assisted, with some touch ups here and there to fix AI screw ups and make it look like a Dandonfuga picture. The fact that it triggered everyone's AI alarm is that she is using AI the same way FloxerXL or Shexyo artstyles have made a huge skill jump out of nowhere and they claim it's not AI assisted but all the AI red flags are on the new pictures.

The face, hair, abs on bubble is a dead giveaway and way too different quality wise from previous drawings and I've been playing around enough with AI to have a solid guess on what semi-realistic model she probably used. Now should Dandonfuga be burned at the stake for using AI? I don't think so, even tho it's a big disappointment AI is the future for the artist world since it's a tool like photoshop or 3D programs who also were criticised by the artist world when they were new and there is already AI only "artists" making tons of money over legit artists vomiting AI pics everyday so it seems that the more times goes on the less people will care about if it's made by a human or an AI. If AI can help Dandon speed up her process and allow her to finish her monthly artworks in time good for her, and I guess this sub who majoritarily doesn't pay for shit will be happy with any content that drops.
What do you mean??? It is not suspicious at all that all artists suddenly have a different art style at the same time. You must be imagining things.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Uh... are we going to keep this AI discussion up until the pack drops in about 5 to 6 business days?

I think everything already said and done at this point

Reactions: Bart712

DeskRaven

Mar 27, 2021
The same kind of discussions happen when an artist is caught tracing or plagiarizing. And usually the same context as well; someone decently established with actual talent starts to burn out, stresses over deadlines, and thinks that maintaining their current income is more important than any risk to their long term reputation. But then they get caught, and they usually lose trust and paying customers permanently.

But in the case of AI artwork, I'd say it's a lot worse, and more akin to getting caught swapping from a handmade product to a well-known generic mass-produced brand.

If a restaurant sells mac and cheese but it's obviously Kraft, why wouldn't I just buy boxes of Kraft (or just not eat any of it)? And if you're trying to sell art that looks obviously AI generated, why wouldn't everyone just...pop onto Stable Diffusion and create their own "commissioned Dandon Fuga" art?

(for artists who put in serious effort to editing AI content with their own style, I'd give some leeway)

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes