5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Just checked her Deviantart and Twitter...

This one do be takin' the spotlight for her, for better or for worse

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
She could solve by just showing how she's done it tbf. I'm sure it's not AI and I can't even say does it look like it or not, but Dandon need to proove it I guess.
Overall I wanna say thanks to those people who thought that ripping of someonse art to teach some neural network to creat "art" is a great idea, now if you do something that do might look like AI are (although it is genuine) people will destroy this author.

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
Yeah

People started getting disappointed and feel betrayed and someone told Dandon that this better be the first and the last artwork that uses "AI"
and they had every right to do so since they are the ones who pay and actively support her. Hagrane the fact is that once trust is broken, it can't be mended. I'm slightly annoyed by dandon reusing assets like she's fromsoftware and i don't complain about it because I'm not a supporter, but if i did, I'd tear her a new one.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
She could solve by just showing how she's done it tbf. I'm sure it's not AI and I can't even say does it look like it or not, but Dandon need to proove it I guess.
Overall I wanna say thanks to those people who thought that ripping of someonse art to teach some neural network to creat "art" is a great idea, now if you do something that do might look like AI are (although it is genuine) people will destroy this author.
When human and interface line blurs really nicely it's only a matter of time that a genuine work of your hand can be mistaken as AI, Dandon is just one of these cases

and they had every right to do so since they are the ones who pay and actively support her. @Hagrane the fact is that once trust is broken, it can't be mended. I'm slightly annoyed by dandon reusing assets like she's fromsoftware and i don't complain about it because I'm not a supporter, but if i did, I'd tear her a new one.
It can be mended, though, yeah, it's gonna be a long way to the top to get those trust back -- As if her lack of communication drained enough goodwill for potential supporters, I suppose

Everything about this new art has been said and done. Let's go back waiting for the next picture and see if there's any difference whatsoever

Lmb55

Dec 24, 2018
Personally i think It would be quite sad to see Dandon go ai. I think there are people who support artist because they understand the work and time that goes into the art.

But let's be real, the vast majority only care about content. If ai means they get more content near the same level as before, dandon is still going to be successful.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LordLegolas

Jthebloody

Sep 24, 2020
So... it seems Dandon is well aware of the controversy sparked by the latest image, and she decided to address it.

I will report here her Patreon post.

Hey :3
Over the past few months I've received a lot of comments on social media that my art looks like AI or is generated by AI. It's kind of annoying, but whatever.
Lately though, some people have been trying to prove that my art is AI generated.
As many of you know, especially those who support my Golden Tier, I record the painting processes of my artwork and share them monthly, so there's a video of the development process of every single piece of artwork I've created over the past 6 years, proving that I paint it myself.
I have uploaded some of my older artwork to two of those sites that claim to prove whether an image is AI-generated or not.
Here's a little showing the result (~15MB Download from Mediafire)
All the images you see here were drawn by me in 2017-2022, before the flood of AI images. Yet Optic AI or Not claims that they are AI-generated, which is simply wrong, as it is not possible in terms of time.

Sometimes the sites switches from human to AI and vice versa, which tells me that this sites should not be relied upon.
It is a shame that artists have to deal with such false accusations, especially because it is a difficult time for artists.
In my opinion, this is a dangerous impertinence, as it serves as a breeding ground for false accusations against artists.
Sorry for the long post, but I thought I should share my thoughts on this.
I'm very grateful to have such a friendly community here, thank you all for your great support, it means the world to me ♥
~ Dandon

Hagrane

Apr 4, 2020
I'm glad that she decided to clarify that stuff. As I said I get it why some people get the vibe it's AI because it's already has been put by someone in to these models that well ripped her art. I do think that we will se her process wips and etc later. And also I'm so annoyed of this AI flop I hope it will die at some point.

thirstyman

Mar 7, 2020
It can be mended, though, yeah, it's gonna be a long way to the top to get those trust back -- As if her lack of communication drained enough goodwill for potential supporters, I suppose
This is not longer about the images since Dandon cleared that up so there's no point beating a dead horse.
Ime, trust can't be rebuilt. Once smone screws up with you, the whole idea you have of them crumbles. You second guess every thing they do and say, looking for deception.

Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair

dinochicken

Dec 21, 2021
Dondan and many other artists reuse poses and brush techniques for faster, yet more 'similar' looking characters. Dondan here went HAM on the AI thing which is quite true. Also keep in mind AI generators are now getting worse results from their art because they are now feeding off other AI images (just sort by 'new' in Deviantart and notice the absolute DELUGE of AI art infecting the site).

We are basically getting incest AI art babies at this point, and its confusing these AI detectors.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
This is not longer about the images since Dandon cleared that up so there's no point beating a dead horse.
Ime, trust can't be rebuilt. Once smone screws up with you, the whole idea you have of them crumbles. You second guess every thing they do and say, looking for deception.

Trust takes years to build, seconds to break, and forever to repair
Fair enough. Maybe I just so desensitized with AI now that I don't get overly mad about it or losing my trust that fast over something that immediately irks the public.

Again, it has all been said and done. Don't see any importance talking about this no more

Last edited:

Zelfer

Jun 15, 2020
While I agree there isn't a point in talking about this anymore, I kinda wanna just add my take. I can see the immediate thinking of it's an AI pic, it has that kinda shine that AI pics have but I have a feeling it really isn't at all. It feels like it's a case of paranoia causing everyone to see or feel something is wrong when there actually isn't. I've done it a bunch myself.

Keep in mind that she's coming out of the water and people usually shine when covered in water so it might be a case of just bad circumstances. She might be trying something a touch different than what the oil shine usually is. On top of that, once the thought is there it's tough not to get out of your head and be more unbiased and objective. I think she didn't want to show the process because IF it happens to be apart of Patreon rewards she probably feels that breaks the "contract" of those rewards and chose not to go through with showing them.

I lurk like 99% of the time and I'm sorry if I got the wrong impression but from reading these posts it kinda looks like a number of you have belief that it is AI 100%. I could be totally wrong but I wanted to throw my hat in.

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
While I agree there isn't a point in talking about this anymore, I kinda wanna just add my take. I can see the immediate thinking of it's an AI pic, it has that kinda shine that AI pics have but I have a feeling it really isn't at all. It feels like it's a case of paranoia causing everyone to see or feel something is wrong when there actually isn't. I've done it a bunch myself.

Keep in mind that she's coming out of the water and people usually shine when covered in water so it might be a case of just bad circumstances. She might be trying something a touch different than what the oil shine usually is. On top of that, once the thought is there it's tough not to get out of your head and be more unbiased and objective. I think she didn't want to show the process because IF it happens to be apart of Patreon rewards she probably feels that breaks the "contract" of those rewards and chose not to go through with showing them.

I lurk like 99% of the time and I'm sorry if I got the wrong impression but from reading these posts it kinda looks like a number of you have belief that it is AI 100%. I could be totally wrong but I wanted to throw my hat in.
The line is pretty blurry and the gap getting closer, too, so jumping the gun thinking that it was (by an AI) is an expected reaction to be honest

Reactions: thirstyman
Dec 25, 2021

The Internet is getting fucking insane with this AI stuff, this is one of the most insane witch hunts i've ever seen. It's pointless to discuss It, AI now exists, and It gets better at every second as humans keep using their services while at the same time feeding them with data. In one year they will be so effective at their jobs that you will not be able to know If AI was used on an art piece or not, so what Is the point?

SPECIALLY when we are talking about NSFW art. We are here for sexy girls and that's all I care. If an artist can produce sexy pieces with the same level of quality that he/she as a human can, so be It. Consider as well that we are all here on this forum stealing shit from artists because we are broke, so can we really complain about how artists are making their shit? Consider also that in a few years these AIs will be way more flexible and affordable, so you will be able to make your own SFW or NSFW art without the need of third parties.

In the end, It's always the same thing when It comes to technology. The new tech comes, jobs are threatened, people go mad, jobs are ultimatelly killed, and progress continues. I don't want to throw artists under the bus, SPECIALLY DANDON who is my favorite one for half a decade at this point, but It's useless to complain about things we cannot control. Corporations have decided that AI is the future of pretty much everything, and I don't see a bunch of nerds like us on the internet stopping It. Both artists and their supporters would be better slowly (and peacefully) getting used to the idea of using AI, because It is not going anywhere.

Last edited:

CourierNPC

Jul 12, 2017
Corporations have decided that AI is the future of pretty much everything, and I don't see a bunch of nerds like us on the internet stopping it
Gonna give a little cent here, this is as far as I can understand:

The reason why the Beach Bubble kicks the hornet's nest is that people jumped the gun that Dandon, as a digital artist whose art drawn by hands all these years we've known her, allegedly, using AI to assist her in drawing Beach Bubble art. Because of this, some people are saying that Dandon breaks their "trust" as an artist or "disappointed" that Dandon going to this route (using AI to assist her drawing the piece) - a few even "threatened," for lack of better word, that Beach Bubble should be the first and the last artwork to utilize such tools. So, as LordLegolas said, it's better to wait the .psd or the process videos to determine whether or not Dandon utilizing AI is correct judgment.

I really can't comment whether or not the corporation is to blame or becoming the scapegoat when people's concern is Dandon allegedly assisted by AI to draw Beach Bubble art because of the sudden change of the art style as soon as the Power Girl artwork dropped a while back :D

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes