F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Can't believe this guy only has 63 Patreons.

The game is quality and he pumps the updates out like crazy. I see loads of poor games out there with hundreds of Patreons (I could name a few!) that barely update once every couple of months - and even then the updates are tiny.
I think supporters are playing safe now. They hurt from some devs that leave their work. I don't know. If this month doesn't work out for me, I think I'll go back to do my full-time job again. Deep down I'm sad for it too but I can't blame anyone, maybe my work doesn't good enough.

Bahamut Zero

Engaged Member
Apr 27, 2017
:LOL: Hi guys.
When i see the title, i just say... mmm incest tag, let me see it.
Then i read the plot and i read... you are the only man alive! And i say Oh yeah :ROFLMAO: i already love this game!

But the thing that make me laught was one of the first comment XD
OK, "they don't know what is happening with all of those men" and "It has been a long time since the last man was born"...

So how is our hero born? How is everyone else born?
Like mushrooms maybe?:)
But even if they do - i'll give it a try.:FuckYea:
Ahahahaha I need to play this game! One man for all the women!? I am in!
Also this game use the same Max's life style and i love it. The animation are so damn sexy and exciting!

Reactions: raileg and F.Lord

passerbyR34

just wanted to passing by, end up staying anyway
Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Can't believe this guy only has 63 Patreons.

The game is quality and he pumps the updates out like crazy. I see loads of poor games out there with hundreds of Patreons (I could name a few!) that barely update once every couple of months - and even then the updates are tiny.
I think supporters are playing safe now. They hurt from some devs that leave their work. I don't know. If this month doesn't work out for me, I think I'll go back to do my full-time job again. Deep down I'm sad for it too but I can't blame anyone, maybe my work doesn't good enough.
Dude, i would definitely feeling sad if by any chance the prefix [Abandoned] suddenly appeared on any of my favorite titles, including yours

Tbh, imo this game is really have a huge potential. It might be unfair to comparing Dark Magic with the other big Honey Select based sandbox games like Mythic Manor and Harem Hotel whom due to their hardwork for months able to earn and supported by hundreds of patrons, still, i'm sure if u keep up ur current pace and improve the quality bit by bit, Dark Magic will also having a chance for standing on the same spotlight eventually

One of the many issue, yet the crucial one in market sale is the lack of or poor 'advertising'. In this term, we're talking about the screenshot or banner which provided during initial release

I might sounded really harsh and irresponsible and without any mean to be rude or discouraging u, but personally iirc the very first time i saw Dark Magic in one of adult games site is (sorry) not really appealing, i was kinda ignored it and thought "hmm, maybe i'll give it a try later"
I can't describe the reason really well, it might just me but at that moment i think the image 'atmosphere' from Dark Magic's in-game screenshot is kinda "dark"
Once again, it might just be me but i happen to play a few of Honey Select based games with similar atmosphere and unfortunately i decide to drop them due to their poor quality in terms of artwork (model & animate), story, and even language (broken engrish)

As i said before that i was ignoring this game at first, I immediately taken aback when I finally decide to give it a try which also being the very reason I was immediately rated this game here (I tend to wait for a few updates since the first time I played the game before give my thoughts on the rating)
Imo, the models might be around 7/10, but still very lovable due supported by 8/10 animations, characterizations, and premise, and also 9/10 for the amount of content compared with other titles in similar stage

And don't forget that there's also a fans who love the work of the content creator but unable to become a patron due some technical issue, including me
I might immediately decide to support a few titles here if only not because of some circumstances with cc, sucks big time indeed
So the very least I could do as a fan is by keep recommending this game to others along with some other titles, especially for them which still in early stage

Sorry for rambling, I promise that I would never try to intentionally discourage any developer because I'm sure everyone would have an equal chance to stand tall and strong with decent efforts
And just fyi, I seriously won't typing this long if not because for loving this game

Keep up the great work and just as Wade used to say,
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

passerbyR34

Donor
Oct 29, 2018
Dang, almost forget my first intention for visiting this thread tonight
It's about the Book of Memory

Solutions for missing gallery scenes -

Hi

Can anyone upload a full save for the current version (0.3.5)

Eventhough I manage to get most of the scenes, I'm still missing the following, which I suspect won't be able to get

Momoko - 6 & 7
Red Witch - 2
Yasuko - 4

Thanks in advance
Ah sorry if some scene doesn't unlocked. I just added this feature in the game and it needs sometime to be fully completed.

I don't have a full gameplay save, but we should wait if someone can give it to us.
As @Anon4321 mention above, some scenes are seriously hard to obtain due their condition/limitation
Like Red Witch #2 which should be obtained during the very first absorb magic which also could be missed if the player decide to use maxall cheat since the very beginning of the game, Airi #7 which should be obtained during early corruption, and Yasuko #4 before her office unlocked at 15% corruption

And i'm still unable to figure out how to unlock Momoko #7
I've been tried to play the scene during her early corruption when footjob just unlocked at her 20%, try to trigger before day 10, after all main story related have been done, truestory route, stepmom route, etc and in the end is still locked

Well it just being implemented so I won't complain much, just want to inform @F.Lord for any bug possibility and suggest to make the mentioned scenes to be easier to obtain in the upcoming update

The Book of Memory is really a fine addition anyway

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Dude, i would definitely feeling sad if by any chance the prefix [Abandoned] suddenly appeared on any of my favorite titles, including yours

Tbh, imo this game is really have a huge potential. It might be unfair to comparing Dark Magic with the other big Honey Select based sandbox games like Mythic Manor and Harem Hotel whom due to their hardwork for months able to earn and supported by hundreds of patrons, still, i'm sure if u keep up ur current pace and improve the quality bit by bit, Dark Magic will also having a chance for standing on the same spotlight eventually

One of the many issue, yet the crucial one in market sale is the lack of or poor 'advertising'. In this term, we're talking about the screenshot or banner which provided during initial release

I might sounded really harsh and irresponsible and without any mean to be rude or discouraging u, but personally iirc the very first time i saw Dark Magic in one of adult games site is (sorry) not really appealing, i was kinda ignored it and thought "hmm, maybe i'll give it a try later"
I can't describe the reason really well, it might just me but at that moment i think the image 'atmosphere' from Dark Magic's in-game screenshot is kinda "dark"
Once again, it might just be me but i happen to play a few of Honey Select based games with similar atmosphere and unfortunately i decide to drop them due to their poor quality in terms of artwork (model & animate), story, and even language (broken engrish)

As i said before that i was ignoring this game at first, I immediately taken aback when I finally decide to give it a try which also being the very reason I was immediately rated this game here (I tend to wait for a few updates since the first time I played the game before give my thoughts on the rating)
Imo, the models might be around 7/10, but still very lovable due supported by 8/10 animations, characterizations, and premise, and also 9/10 for the amount of content compared with other titles in similar stage

And don't forget that there's also a fans who love the work of the content creator but unable to become a patron due some technical issue, including me
I might immediately decide to support a few titles here if only not because of some circumstances with cc, sucks big time indeed
So the very least I could do as a fan is by keep recommending this game to others along with some other titles, especially for them which still in early stage

Sorry for rambling, I promise that I would never try to intentionally discourage any developer because I'm sure everyone would have an equal chance to stand tall and strong with decent efforts
And just fyi, I seriously won't typing this long if not because for loving this game

Keep up the great work and just as Wade used to say,
No no, you guys got it wrong. I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY WORK! Alright. (Except my computer explode and I lose all my work lol)

I just said that I have to find and do a full-time job that just means the content might be reduced amount for a bit each release. But if you guys can help me to do this game full-time (I do this game 12 hours a day), the content might be really great quality and high amount too.

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
F.Lord, I wrote a review, and I see you liked it, so I won't rehash it here. But if you don't mind I'd love to offer some thoughts about the game, if you don't mind. I think you could make the game play a little more engrossing, but I don't know how easy it would be to make the changes. So feel free to ignore these suggestions.

I ended up really liking the game a lot, and the balance of how much money you need versus what you have to spend it on feels really good, leading you to work more in the early game and a lot less in the late game. I like that, along with the need for Candy to refill your mana creates a reason to occasionally head back to the mines.

But I think there's one or two things that could be improved in that regard as well. First off, I'd like to see quest items being only bought once... IE once you buy water pipes, if they could be removed from the store, that'd be good. Or once you buy Erotic Book 1 for the second time (since you need 2 copies in the game) have that vanish from the list of available options. Unless of course there is future plans for it of course? Secondly, I'd really like to see the peep hole a little more used. Maybe have the sister randomly masturbate or sleep in the tub (when peeping) after the first book was given? It seems like she only masturbates once after you place the book in her room. Finally, I'd really love to see the price of candy a little bit higher, at least 10 coins, but maybe even 15 or 20. 7 feels very strange, and the OCD in me just couldn't buy less than 5 at a time so that my coins weren't at some strange number that didn't end in a 5 or a 0 since candy is literally the only thing that costs anything other than X0 or X5.

Next suggestion is regarding statistics. I like that some things are locked behind statistics like bravery, corruption, etc. But it feels a little under-used. There's a TON of fap material in the game that's great, but there's not a LOT of game play to unlock it. I'd love to see a little more references to the stats. Most notably annoying is the fact that you can get your 2nd spell VERY early on in the game, and from that point on the witch keeps telling you to read a book before she'll teach you more. But for as much content as there is, there's never another book or another spell that I've found. I can't tell you how many times I was looking around, trying to find books anywhere.... to no avail. Maybe just sprinkle a few more in? Maybe in the mine manager's office? Maybe the dojomaster has you do something to get a training manual? Maybe you even get one after visiting the school?

Which leads me to my last point, the spell and the soul corruption. It feels a little strange that she teaches you an unnamed corrupting spell, then later teaches you 'soul corruption' which just works better. But then you can't cast them reliably in every situation. Early morning in the park you only cast soul corruption, but night at the bathroom you only cast the base spell on sister? It feels a little strange. You know what I'd love to see? Just call the base spell 'soul corruption' and then after you learn it the first time, have it do a 2% corruption. Any time you absorb more magic from the witch, have that soul corruption spell just become more powerful, increasing another 1-3% per time you've absorbed.

I understand that this last thing would probably mean a significant re-writing of some of the code you've already done. So.... as I said at the outset, feel free to ignore my suggestion. I just think it would make the game flow much smoother and feel a little less cobbled together. In any case, you've got a fan in me, so great work.

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
F.Lord, I wrote a review, and I see you liked it, so I won't rehash it here. But if you don't mind I'd love to offer some thoughts about the game, if you don't mind. I think you could make the game play a little more engrossing, but I don't know how easy it would be to make the changes. So feel free to ignore these suggestions.

I ended up really liking the game a lot, and the balance of how much money you need versus what you have to spend it on feels really good, leading you to work more in the early game and a lot less in the late game. I like that, along with the need for Candy to refill your mana creates a reason to occasionally head back to the mines.

But I think there's one or two things that could be improved in that regard as well. First off, I'd like to see quest items being only bought once... IE once you buy water pipes, if they could be removed from the store, that'd be good. Or once you buy Erotic Book 1 for the second time (since you need 2 copies in the game) have that vanish from the list of available options. Unless of course there is future plans for it of course? Secondly, I'd really like to see the peep hole a little more used. Maybe have the sister randomly masturbate or sleep in the tub (when peeping) after the first book was given? It seems like she only masturbates once after you place the book in her room. Finally, I'd really love to see the price of candy a little bit higher, at least 10 coins, but maybe even 15 or 20. 7 feels very strange, and the OCD in me just couldn't buy less than 5 at a time so that my coins weren't at some strange number that didn't end in a 5 or a 0 since candy is literally the only thing that costs anything other than X0 or X5.

Next suggestion is regarding statistics. I like that some things are locked behind statistics like bravery, corruption, etc. But it feels a little under-used. There's a TON of fap material in the game that's great, but there's not a LOT of game play to unlock it. I'd love to see a little more references to the stats. Most notably annoying is the fact that you can get your 2nd spell VERY early on in the game, and from that point on the witch keeps telling you to read a book before she'll teach you more. But for as much content as there is, there's never another book or another spell that I've found. I can't tell you how many times I was looking around, trying to find books anywhere.... to no avail. Maybe just sprinkle a few more in? Maybe in the mine manager's office? Maybe the dojomaster has you do something to get a training manual? Maybe you even get one after visiting the school?

Which leads me to my last point, the spell and the soul corruption. It feels a little strange that she teaches you an unnamed corrupting spell, then later teaches you 'soul corruption' which just works better. But then you can't cast them reliably in every situation. Early morning in the park you only cast soul corruption, but night at the bathroom you only cast the base spell on sister? It feels a little strange. You know what I'd love to see? Just call the base spell 'soul corruption' and then after you learn it the first time, have it do a 2% corruption. Any time you absorb more magic from the witch, have that soul corruption spell just become more powerful, increasing another 1-3% per time you've absorbed.

I understand that this last thing would probably mean a significant re-writing of some of the code you've already done. So.... as I said at the outset, feel free to ignore my suggestion. I just think it would make the game flow much smoother and feel a little less cobbled together. In any case, you've got a fan in me, so great work.
Thanks a lot for your time and suggestions. I really appreciate it.

I agree with most of your suggestions and I will put some of them in my to-do list. But for now I only have time to focus on the story for this coming update, because man I already spent much time doing Book of Memory feature for the whole game scenes and that's just huge.

Thanks again for helping me to improve this game and sorry I can't say too much because I have a limited with the language.

Zhiend26

Nov 18, 2018
Hahaha! That is my reference right there.

In this version, You can corrupt Airi and Momoko up to 40% maximum right now but I'll add more content in-between this 0-40% later.
If you've unlocked Clinic and Okemia's Mojo, you're okay for now.
When we get a permission to go inside a castle? I'm so wondered for that and the action for the red witch x MC

Reactions: F.Lord

rhev

Apr 29, 2017
Thanks again for helping me to improve this game and sorry I can't say too much because I have a limited with the language.
Well, if you ever need help looking over the english, I'd be happy to give them a look and offer suggestions about how to word things to sound the most natural to native english speakers. But honestly as I was playing the game it all seemed very natural and well done from what I've noticed.

F.Lord

~ Dark Magic ~
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 13, 2018
Well, if you ever need help looking over the english, I'd be happy to give them a look and offer suggestions about how to word things to sound the most natural to native english speakers. But honestly as I was playing the game it all seemed very natural and well done from what I've noticed.
Ohh I have the proofreaders. You can see them in credits. These two guys are so nice.
My English for communication here is kinda broken.

Reactions: passerbyR34

bad2bad

Jun 21, 2017
Hmm... maybe this update you can go inside the castle.
And FUCK THE QUEEN!!! \m/
Just kidding.
there is only 1 thing that I can see characters' tongue in some of the begining scenes, it's just ehhh. But I guess it's too small to be fix.
Beside of that, good work so far, keep it up F.Lord.

passerbyR34

Donor
Oct 29, 2018
No no, you guys got it wrong. I WILL NEVER LEAVE MY WORK! Alright. (Except my computer explode and I lose all my work lol)

I just said that I have to find and do a full-time job that just means the content might be reduced amount for a bit each release. But if you guys can help me to do this game full-time (I do this game 12 hours a day), the content might be really great quality and high amount too.
Ah, i see, my apologize for jumping to conclusion and misunderstand ur "full-time job" word
Let us praying for ur PC's safety then :LOL:

Though, just remember that I really mean my words when I said about the "spotlight" in the previous post

Seriously, v0.3.5, despite only having a three story related content updates so far since initial release (aside from bugfixes and features like cheat & book of memory), the game is already pretty much neatly packed
I already realize it since v0.2 but got reminded once again during my attempt for completing the BoM because I need to spend nearly 3 hours speed-through for triggering all avaiable scenes up to the end of v0.3 content, I guess I'll need around 5-6 hours for reaching the end of v0.3 with my reading speed if I decide to restart a new game, so yeah, packed af (y)

Keep up a great work with the current pace, maybe improve here and there bit by bit, and give it some time for this game to reach many more ppl, then we'll see how big it'll be in the near future

When we get a permission to go inside a castle? I'm so wondered for that and the action for the red witch x MC
Actually, thanks to the implementation of Book of Memory, now we'll be able to know whether a certain point is already avaiable or not
Just take a quick peek to the all images in the gallery on the main menu, then u could deduce whether there's some missed inside-a-castle events (which is actually not yet accessible in v0.3) and the end of Red & Ruriko's events at the current version

Agreed, Hydra and Dante Black really doing a good work at proofreading
I'm not an expert and English isn't my native language too, but iirc I think there's only a very few typos so far, though not really noticeable

And FUCK THE QUEEN!!! \m/
Just kidding.
there is only 1 thing that I can see characters' tongue in some of the begining scenes, it's just ehhh. But I guess it's too small to be fix.
Beside of that, good work so far, keep it up F.Lord.
I thought I was the only one whom weirded out by the model's face during that scenes, not a big deal anyway, and it only appear on Nami, Airi, and Momoko in the early of the game and also during corrupted Momoko's peek scenes

Oct 24, 2017
F.Lord, I usually hate Honey Select games, but this one has a lot of potential. It's sexy and surprisingly fun, making it feel very content-rich. Story's not that original, but that's not why I play porn games haha. What matters is the quality of your renders, the scenarios you try to introduce, and your dedication to the project. I think these three elements are what make you a very promising porn game developer, so keep up the good work!

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes