myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@psychodelusional

I suggest that you use something like xnconvert to convert all of your .PNG files to .WEBP which are 10 times better then .PNG and it'll reduce the size of your game 10 times otherwise people might stop downloading it as the more chapters you add the bigger it's going to get and not many are going to want to download a 3+ GIG file. .WEBP has about the same quality as the .PNG file does minus the huge ass file size. A 2.02 MB .PNG file converted to .WEBP is reduced to 142 KB.

Younger sister was pretty hot older sister I mostly looked at her face and mostly just spammed past most of the mother stuff.

I noticed a few mistakes. Stairing/stair used instead of staring/stare I times where gotta was being spelled godda and also it's buck ass naked not butt ass naked.

Reactions: Carcalla

Carcalla

Nov 21, 2017
@psychodelusional

I suggest that you use something like xnconvert to convert all of your .PNG files to .WEBP which are 10 times better then .PNG and it'll reduce the size of your game 10 times otherwise people might stop downloading it as the more chapters you add the bigger it's going to get and not many are going to want to download a 3+ GIG file. .WEBP has about the same quality as the .PNG file does minus the huge ass file size. A 2.02 MB .PNG file converted to .WEBP is reduced to 142 KB.

Younger sister was pretty hot older sister I mostly looked at her face and mostly just spammed past most of the mother stuff.

I noticed a few mistakes. Stairing/stair used instead of staring/stare I times where gotta was being spelled godda and also it's buck ass naked not butt ass naked.
Brother! It's a good suggestion, also if you consider the time invested to upload and download..:D:D:D

psychodelusional

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
@psychodelusional

Thanks for the tips, I think the next version I will make a uncompressed or lightly compressed version and then a much smaller version. Not sure if I can fully use webps in renpy, I think we tried to do it for CH2 but wound up converting to webps then back to png but that still cut it in half. I think best bet might be to set it up for .jpgs and compress that.

Also yeah, spelling has some issues, looking to either go through all the chapters next release or paying someone else to do it because my spelling is very bad. :pokerFace:

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
@psychodelusional

Yes you can use wepb fully in renpy games PTOLEMY the DEV for intimate relations and dreaming of Dana converted all of their .PNG files to webp and everything works fine and the game files are a lot smaller now.

Many others have been converting their .PNG files over to webp format as well.

Kaed1107

Jun 10, 2017
why when I inspect there is only a black background and the MC speaking, for example when you inspect mom stuff. Is this a bug or there really is not a image for that escenes ?

Reactions: juntaxx

psychodelusional

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017
why when I inspect there is only a black background and the MC speaking, for example when you inspect mom stuff. Is this a bug or there really is not a image for that escenes ?
It's just like that, I was planning to just add whole scenes to them over time to trigger on certain events but I think i'm going to replace them with some filler either this chapter or next.

Is there no android port for the game anymore
Yes there is. :HeyGuys:

psychodelusional

Donor
Game Developer
Dec 8, 2017

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Is that at the end scene? If you have less than 11/13 points you cant get the final scene.
So I'll never see it unless I, again, restart from scratch a game I already started one hour ago... greet !
Choosing to cut MC's dick end the game (which is logical) while hesitating led to a reset of everything. Obviously not for everyone, but if it happened to me, it happened to other players... The points lose can be corrected, but the fact that _actions is defined with the sole reset's trigger make the game completely unplayable.

Seriously, why using a so complex mechanism, which lead to bugs half of the time, when anyway 99,99% of the time (I let you the benefit of doubt) a direct manipulation (with the help of __setattr__ if you really want to keep your dynamical approach) would do exactly the same thing, but without the bugs ?
And why this useless after_load process since the Machine objects are saved ? You just create bugs by doing this. Depending of the place you save, you've a correct load or encounter a list index out of range because there's more Machine objects in temp_machines than returned by your get_instances, first boom. And like on top of this you assume that the order will be the same in temp_machine and in the generator returned by get_instances, second boom.
Cherry on the cake, you defined get_instances as class method while using it as a static method, and should have defined it as standalone function:
Code:
def get_instance( cls ):
    for inst_ref in cls.__refs__[cls]:
        inst = inst_ref()
        if inst is not None:
            yield inst
[...]
    python:
        for m in get_instances(M_mc.__class__):
            machines.append(m)
And why designing it as a generator when you only use it in loops which will create a list ? Directly create the list and return it. Or, better, create a dict (str as key, "reference" as value) which will let you ensure that you'll address the right object in your after_load process (if really you need it, which I still doubt about) and prevent the list index error :
Code:
        for m in temp_machines:
            if not str(m) in machines.keys(): continue
            mach = machines[str(m)]
            for state in mach._states:
                [...]

yoyomistro

Engaged Member
Jan 15, 2017
So I'll never see it unless I, again, restart from scratch a game I already started one hour ago... greet !
Choosing to cut MC's dick end the game (which is logical) while hesitating led to a reset of everything. Obviously not for everyone, but if it happened to me, it happened to other players... The points lose can be corrected, but the fact that _actions is defined with the sole reset's trigger make the game completely unplayable.

Seriously, why using a so complex mechanism, which lead to bugs half of the time, when anyway 99,99% of the time (I let you the benefit of doubt) a direct manipulation (with the help of __setattr__ if you really want to keep your dynamical approach) would do exactly the same thing, but without the bugs ?
And why this useless after_load process since the Machine objects are saved ? You just create bugs by doing this. Depending of the place you save, you've a correct load or encounter a list index out of range because there's more Machine objects in temp_machines than returned by your get_instances, first boom. And like on top of this you assume that the order will be the same in temp_machine and in the generator returned by get_instances, second boom.
Cherry on the cake, you defined get_instances as class method while using it as a static method, and should have defined it as standalone function:
Code:
def get_instance( cls ):
    for inst_ref in cls.__refs__[cls]:
        inst = inst_ref()
        if inst is not None:
            yield inst
[...]
    python:
        for m in get_instances(M_mc.__class__):
            machines.append(m)
And why designing it as a generator when you only use it in loops which will create a list ? Directly create the list and return it. Or, better, create a dict (str as key, "reference" as value) which will let you ensure that you'll address the right object in your after_load process (if really you need it, which I still doubt about) and prevent the list index error :
Code:
        for m in temp_machines:
            if not str(m) in machines.keys(): continue
            mach = machines[str(m)]
            for state in mach._states:
                [...]
Why not just save at every question? I usually have hundreds of saves for Ren'Py games, so I can go back to whatever point I want. only takes a second to right click then click a save box.

Reactions: psychodelusional
3.50 star(s) 117 Votes