Ren'Py Abandoned Dark Woods Society [v0.1.0] [Ape Studios]

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

ApeStudios

Matt -- Lord of wrong deadliness and info dumps
Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
You really need a proofreader and editor. The writing really harms the immersion and the characters. That said, great art, keep up the good work.
I totally agree, none of us is fluent in English... Thing is if you see our Patreon now, at this moment we only have 3 people supporting the game. I don't think we can find anyone to proofread for free. But I'm aware that this is an issue and we've tried our best to provide a good game, thanks for taking your time and commenting! Glad you liked so far!

Demoness_Kiss

Forum Fanatic
Jun 9, 2017
I totally agree, none of us is fluent in English... Thing is if you see our Patreon now, at this moment we only have 3 people supporting the game. I don't think we can find anyone to proofread for free. But I'm aware that this is an issue and we've tried our best to provide a good game, thanks for taking your time and commenting! Glad you liked so far!
you can use some auto-correct program, i love Grammarly...it helps a lot even in its free version

Reactions: ApeStudios

caxhub

Engaged Member
Aug 22, 2019
Download android v0.1.0 APK
P/s: Request Link Android Game at my

Reactions: Rasputia 69

bigmem59

Jul 24, 2019
Absolutely everything about this game is incredible for what I assume is your first project... Except the writing. The issue isn't neccessarily with Grammar & Syntax, although that would certainly help massively and as many others have said should be what you focus on, but if you truly want to build an actually immersive cyberpunk world you're going to have to do a lot better with the introduction. There's a strange Libertarian bent which is weirdly dissonant with the sociopolitical themes of Cyberpunk, but perhaps some of that is just lost in translation. Either way I wish you all the best

groove888

Apr 12, 2017
You're playing on which OS? If it's the unofficial android version I'm afraid this is not going to work. Also, I'm a shitty programmer xD I've learned to """code""" just a few months ago, so bare with me here, this game will be developed in time. Thanks for your comment man, it's important for me to see the errors.
I think you need to check if the character you're using are linked to some rem'py shortcut I believe this might be creating a problem.

I think the gang front should have an arrow to get out of it too.

ttyrke

Game Developer
Jun 10, 2017
Would be awesome to somehow see if I have reached the end of the current update for the girl

ApeStudios

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Would be awesome to somehow see if I have reached the end of the current update for the girl
There is a gallery inside the MC room. Inside the computer to be precise. There you can see how many events you saw and how many H images there are left.

Reactions: Rasputia 69

katabasi

Jun 6, 2017
You're playing on which OS? If it's the unofficial android version I'm afraid this is not going to work. Also, I'm a shitty programmer xD I've learned to """code""" just a few months ago, so bare with me here, this game will be developed in time. Thanks for your comment man, it's important for me to see the errors.
windows 7
keep improving
the art is good

Saxguy

Jan 14, 2019
Truly a solid first release, can't wait for the next update!
Just a couple of observations:
-If I bought the components for boss's arm before Anne gave me the list, the game had some issues and crashed a lot. Also, I couldn't find the actual list when I replayed doing everything in the correct order;
-Are there actually just 5 obtainable achievements so far?
-After I completed Lilith's story, she now appears doubled on the screen when I go to talk to her
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Could I get a little tip? How can I get Reiko's mom photo?
Anyway, keep up with the great work!

ApeStudios

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Truly a solid first release, can't wait for the next update!
Just a couple of observations:
-If I bought the components for boss's arm before Anne gave me the list, the game had some issues and crashed a lot. Also, I couldn't find the actual list when I replayed doing everything in the correct order;
-Are there actually just 5 obtainable achievements so far?
-After I completed Lilith's story, she now appears doubled on the screen when I go to talk to her
Could I get a little tip? How can I get Reiko's mom photo?
Anyway, keep up with the great work!
Yeah we must fix a lot of issues by the next version XD I know it's common to have some issues when you're new to doing stuff, but we'll triple-check everything next time to avoid issues like this. Thank you for pointing out those issues.

To get all the achievements(there are 6 of them actually) you must enter the MC computer and go inside the "trophy" program. I guess you already know that then click on the "?" icons to see a tip on how to get the next achievement. The large majority of them you can get by doing missions. What's missing for you now?

Glad you liked it so far! We are aiming to provide good content in each version!

Last edited:

Saxguy

Jan 14, 2019
To get all the achievements(there are 6 of them actually) you must enter the MC computer and go inside the "trophy" program. I guess you already know that then click on the "?" icons to see a tip on how to get the next achievement. The large majority of them you can get by doing missions. What's missing for you now?
Huh, interesting. In the Progress screen it says that I've completed 5 achievements
1603920831838.png
But my achievements screen is actually completed

And sadly I'm missing Reiko's mom photo

ApeStudios

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Man this is weird, I must have misplaced the variable that sums on the achievement number. The image doesn't show up at her gallery too? What happen when you click on her image? Thanks for showing me this issue!

Reactions: Saxguy

Saxguy

Jan 14, 2019
Man this is weird, I must have misplaced the variable that sums on the achievement number. The image doesn't show up at her gallery too? What happen when you click on her image?
Nope, unfortunately this is everything I can see for Yoko. After the first encounter with her on the first day, I haven't seen her anymore (and I fast-forwarded 5 weeks paying the rent every time, just to be sure)
1603922082235.png

Thanks for showing me this issue!
I'm here to help, for what I can do xD

ApeStudios

Game Developer
Feb 27, 2020
Nope, unfortunately this is everything I can see for Yoko. After the first encounter with her on the first day, I haven't seen her anymore (and I fast-forwarded 5 weeks paying the rent every time, just to be sure)
View attachment 877842

I'm here to help, for what I can do xD
Yeah this image refers to the achievment. It's strange seeing those bugs, when we play tested many of them didn't appeared. If you saw her photo you almost finished the version, there is only left the last mission which will end the demo. Well, another thing to check I guess xD.

Saxguy

Jan 14, 2019
Yep
If you saw her photo you almost finished the version, there is only left the last mission which will end the demo.
Yep, I've completed also the last mission now and still no photo... Oh well, I'm sure that by the next release, the issue will be solved. Thank you for answering my questions almost instantly, see you on the next update, keep up the good work :D

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote